Hybrid View

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Park

Because of the amount of forum posts I knew it was likely you already read the article. I just think it's quite helpfull to reread stuff at least I see stuff (e.g reinin dichotomies) from a difrent ankle when I rearead it but I am also just 8 months "studying" socionics so there's more to learn.

I'll try to give you a RL example to distinguish Ti-Te.:

I have a very close friend who's LII. We played Starcraft and Chess on a regular basis against each other. The main difference between us was that he wanted to construct his own strategies and almost never looked something up. When he watched progames then it was only for the pleasure to watch them he never attempted to "steal" a build. On the other hand I was the complete opposite I was looking up everything, watching guides and trying to learn from the pros. In the end I crushed him in both games because he was relying stubornly on his own resources. Nevertheless I don't want to blame him in the end we played for fun and we both did what was fun for us. For him construct his own system for me accumulate information and beat other people

wants to produce somethin from within and intentionally limits outside informitations
    wants to accumulate outside information and intentionally limits to prodcuce something from within when the goal can be reached by the use of outside informations

I also made the experience that Ti-Egos are more intersted how something should be (e.g we should have a marxistic society because of ...) while Te-ego is more interested about how something leads to something (e.g to reach that we should do that that and that). IMO it's about Static /Dynamic .

Something else: Do you think you value more than ? if yes why?

Edit: Your Avatar is annoying
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 01-15-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I have a very close friend who's LII. We played Starcraft and Chess on a regular basis against each other. The main difference between us was that he wanted to construct his own strategies and almost never looked something up. When he watched progames then it was only for the pleasure to watch them he never attempted to "steal" a build. On the other hand I was the complete opposite I was looking up everything, watching guides and trying to learn from the pros. In the end I crushed him in both games because he was relying stubornly on his own resources. Nevertheless I don't want to blame him in the end we played for fun and we both did what was fun for us. For him construct his own system for me accumulate information and beat other people
    funny, i've noticed this same thing playing league of legends with forum members. the te egos are generally more concerned with following the meta and the ti valuers are more experimental. but i'm te seeking and while i generally think following the meta is a good idea, i don't like feeling restricted by it and i have fun messing around too. shrug.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    funny, i've noticed this same thing playing league of legends with forum members. the te egos are generally more concerned with following the meta and the ti valuers are more experimental. but i'm te seeking and while i generally think following the meta is a good idea, i don't like feeling restricted by it and i have fun messing around too. shrug.
    My goal is perfect sequence of actions to win. I worked a lot with flipcharts in gaming

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    My goal is perfect sequence of actions to win. I worked a lot with flipcharts in gaming
    it can be cool when people know all these stats and can tell you exactly what to build for each character etc. but past a certain point i think it becomes useless or overly fatalistic when things like peoples skill levels and spontaneous group decision making etc aren't factored in enough. maybe i'm derailing.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Noticed the same general mindset difference in te vs ti. Te can be annoyingly stuck in following whatever they consider an authority or "what's been proven to work" rather than playing around with things and trying different approaches.