Thread: Fi Polr = Bipolar Disorder?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi Polr = Bipolar Disorder?

Maybe its Fi polr, maybe its enneagram 8, but I feel like I'm able to induce a cocaine-like state in myself if I so choose. I am left depressed for a day or two after this happens.

I once suspected myself of having bipolar disorder but my mom was like, "naw bra" and I was like, "shit ma". I also read that SLE article that says we are rendered depressed after extreme mobilization.

Do ILE's suffer the same thing? Could Bipolar disorder be linked with Fi polr?
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if it is type related.

Having chronic cycles of hyperactivity/hyperproductivity and complete and utter depletion afterwards is a common theme for me. And I think i'm ILE so..

Could be that an ILE goes into the hyper state and without his dual to help him care for his needs depletes himself...

Same for you, maybe having a IEI around to tell you WHEN to mobilize and WHEN to fucking stop and rest might take the edge of it.

hope it helps,

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I relate to that. I guess after intense mobilization your energy reserves are just depleted and the sudden stagnation and exhaustion can feel like depression (and in my case turn into real depression if I don't mobilize again fairly soon).

So no, I don't think it is related to Fi PoLR. I don't see why it would either.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EP temperament?

I really don't understand why you would link Fi Polr with bipolar.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any degree or form of mental issue is not type related.

it's separate. governed by many things...but not type. friggin duh, dude.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ion-(Filatova)

Fi – Vulnerable function. When any situations deals with the ability to “catch” moods in others, the tones of attitudes, which present themselves in people, amongst each other, and towards SLE, SLE suffers an internal feeling of nervousness. They are apt to understand the business concerns within a person, but not how to emotionally comfort someone in tears, whom asks for empathy. In such cases SLE may, in an authoritative tone, give logical instructions, “Act immediately! Make this so, and this thus, and I will help you.” They thereby use their strong functions where they don’t successfully operate; in the sphere the SLE’s weak ethics of relations. Here it’s appropriate to consider their personal emotional struggle. Following stormy periods of activity they may find themselves victim to a certain (sometimes very powerful) bout of depression. Their direct activity combined with assumed responsibilities, not only for their own work but that of others as well, can lead to a state of temporary exhaustion and decline of motivation. As a consequence of this depression they are attacked by dark moods. Their fitness for work sharply declines in such periods. However, SLE tries to hide this state from other people; thus providing the impression of being always emotionally guarded, “chained into their armour.” Their “working” tone is also not constant: sometimes when they run into obstacles, concrete or social, they are subjected to flashes of unbridled anger. SLE is characteristic in formal business activity deprived of the emotional heat that irritates their sensitivities.

The SLE, whom appears to others, often seems to be in such good shape that those close to them believe this psycho-type has no need of simple sympathy. However, this is an illusion. Being badly oriented, in regards to the emotional manifestations of people, and constrained by their own feelings, SLE can only externally fabricates the mask of “iron man”, which internally does not exist. Women of this type, particularly, suffer from the fact that close ones fail to develop concern and participation in their lives. With bitterness, SLE yields consciously to the fact that through their independence, resoluteness, hardiness, and by their own will, they will create about themselves the impression of a person, to whom warm sympathy, from others, is not generally necessary.
    My dad would often ask me if I was ok, and my answer was always, "I'm fine." But that's because I felt it wasn't his concern, and it was something I never percieved to be an issue.

This article itself is a little confusing, I'm trying to make sense of it. Maybe the bipolar example isn't quite apt, and something different entirely.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody can have depressed phases after using a lot of energy, but that's normal and to a certain amount controllable and rational. I mean, you have a reason for feelig depressed, are aware of it and I suppose you also know how to get out of it again.
    Bipolar is something entirely different. Witnessing someone in a manic phase is almost unbearable. People in manic phases don't sleep, don't eat, are completely hyper, talk but don't listen anymore, buy a lot of stuff or do spontaneous, random things like starting to paint the walls of their room green at night or something like that.
    Depressions are even scarier. It's impossible to cheer up a depressed person. I tried it again and again and failed.
    I can't relate any mental disorder to cognitive functions. I assume that the connections between perceiving and judging functions are broken and your brain starts to misinterpret things. My father suffered from schizoaffective disorder, which is a mixture of schizophrenia and bipolar, so full programm of mania, depression, hallucinations and paranoia. But I can't type my father because of that. Deep down he could well be an LSI.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Anyone can experience emotions and Fi is not exactly emotions. It's emotional evaluation of things but evaluation is more a judgement call on things. An emotional experience is different from judging the morality of something.

So, in short, no it's not related to Fi polr. What is important is that one understands and embraces the root of depression and learns or gets effective resources to deal with it. This may be medication, it may be therapy, or it may be life coaching to help you change and address actions that you take that lead you to a state where you feel depressed. In any case, action speaks louder than words.

Emotions may arise out of Fi, that is certain expected judgements that you would want others to fit into, a preformed judgement of what is right and wrong by their actions and behaviors, and that not coming to reality may very well cast any person into a depressive state.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-15-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't know about the ABC's of it but I have previously been diagnosed, bipolar, schizoaffective and currently DID. 20 years of therapy (and still going) later my last two therapists (who work at the same clinic) agree that I am gifted. Could have saved me a lot of chaos and self-doubt if someone had told me that as a child.

Azure, it is my very unprofessional opinion that you are gifted. So go hard (if you want to).
    Last edited by Aylen; 01-02-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: spelling

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW