Thread: IEE pretending to be deep and soulful, especially through the use of inspirational quotes

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEE pretending to be deep and soulful, especially through the use of inspirational quotes

Any truth to it?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any type can be deep and "soulful".. but concerning the particular person you have in mind, perhaps we could have more insight into why you think so?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I should rephrase - why is it important for IEE to appear this way to others? It's not one person, it's a trend I've noticed among IEE status updates.. a thoughtful quote once in a while it's nice, but I think they overdo it, plus it's accompanied by an irrelevant selfie.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From what I've read of Stratiyevskaya's writing this kind of showing off is within the values of Delta quadra. She has described delta as holding a kind of "vanity fair" where participants will openly speak about or advertise their better personal qualities and talents and strive to attain "moments of personal glory". This is rooted in Delta's Fi/Ne-driven search for original, unique, and talented individuals, which motivates their members to present themselves exactly in this manner (or alternatively complain about the lack of interesting/original persons, which I've previously heard of from IEEs).

Crudely speaking, if Alpha's Ne combined with Ti searches for progress and novelty within the technological sphere, then Delta's Ne in combination with Fi is searching for novelty and progress within the sphere of humanities - personal values, relationships, sex, morals/ethics, people's personalities, and so on.

Strati's article in automatic translation. Delta "vanity fair" in mentioned in section 26: Delta Quadra Complex of "Clipped Wings"

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a matter of Mobilizing Te: showing off how knowledgeable, perhaps even intellectual, they are. But this only happens with IEEs who haven't yet discovered their appropriate modus operandi, which is to lift the existential burden of other people's backs (especially their duals) through the empathic understanding of the Human Condition. That is largely the application of Creative Fi, and they have this in common with SEEs. Not that other types have no understanding of the Human Condition, but their 'understanding' (for the lack of a better word) is different.

As such, IEEs and SEEs can genuinely be deep and soulful, but in that case they wouldn't really be shouting it from the rooftops.

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...-function.html

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...n-by-ilis.html
    Last edited by consentingadult; 12-24-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

http://www.legalnomads.com/2013/04/5...al-nomads.html

i think the girl who has this blog is enfp
    lel

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post

lel
    I have always promised myself to one day take off for at least three years and travel the world (and some day I will). I love her.

As for the topic, I don't care how I appear to others. Any quote I put somewhere is meant to inspire me and to remind me of what/where/who I can/want/strive to be. They are not for anyone else (on Facebook they might be for specific people who I know would appreciate reading them in some cases, but I don't think I post many inspirational quotes on FB).

And I am neither deep nor soulful. Only introverts are deep and only Ni types can be soulful. Haven't you learned anything around here?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A new blog post related to this subject:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...in-action.html
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I didn't die, but the diagnosis of a serious illness had a similar effect. In the end you can whine about life all you want, when you are told you might die, all you want to do is live. It is strangely liberating. And then when you do live, you are constantly reminded of your mortality (especially with the occasional recurrence scare) and failure becomes comparably easy to to overcome in the face of life being too fragile to allow yourself to be defeated by the road blocks.

And I never thought about it until I read the above quote, but I think that was when I stopped caring about whether people think I am deep or intelligent or soulful. The people who matter know what they need to know. And dogs don't care, thankfully.
    Last edited by Kim; 12-25-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post

I didn't die, but the diagnosis of a serious illness had a similar effect. In the end you can whine about life all you want, when you are told you might die, all you want to do is live. It is strangely liberating.

And I never thought about it until I read the above quote, but I think that was when I stopped caring about whether people think I am deep or intelligent or soulful. The people who matter know what they need to know. And dogs don't care, thankfully.
    It's when you stop caring that you can truly become deep and soulful...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    It's when you stop caring that you can truly become deep and soulful...
    I am honestly not sure what it even means to be deep and soulful.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sssonyyy View Post
    Any truth to it?
    Interesting i've noticed this among Fe dominants way more, specially EIE with "spiritual-ego" quotes, (nach dem motto) "i'm enlightened and everybody shoud know about this"
    Wisdom: Knowledge condensed in antithetical propositions.

"Life is all about my most recent and pompous interpretation" [Narcisistic Scoundrel (Begining of Humanity - End of Humanity)]

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post

lel
    Hmm... I dunno, personally I wouldn't take risks in eating new stuff, I know what I like so I go to eat exactly that, or a slightly different variant, but I can not identify with seeking for new food without the pressure of someone or something.
    Also routines are a no no...heh
    Wisdom: Knowledge condensed in antithetical propositions.

"Life is all about my most recent and pompous interpretation" [Narcisistic Scoundrel (Begining of Humanity - End of Humanity)]

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find its usally self assurance they're quoting. I do it too although I make up all my own quotes cuz Imma bawss.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i collect a lot of quotes on my pinterest which i never expect anybody else to look at, but i'm cautious about doing it on facebook or more in public because what seems really insightful to me might seem cliche and obvious to other people for all i know. sometimes i still do it if i'm really impressed with the quote or in the mood.

whats weird to me is when people post quotes along with pictures of themselves. ..like they said it or something. why?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyhence View Post
    Interesting i've noticed this among Fe dominants way more, specially EIE with "spiritual-ego" quotes, (nach dem motto) "i'm enlightened and everybody shoud know about this"
    Absolutely, Fe-dominants in a work setting do this all the time.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a matter of Mobilizing Te: showing off how knowledgeable, perhaps even intellectual, they are. But this only happens with IEEs who haven't yet discovered their appropriate modus operandi, which is to lift the existential burden of other people's backs (especially their duals) through the empathic understanding of the Human Condition. That is largely the application of Creative Fi, and they have this in common with SEEs. Not that other types have no understanding of the Human Condition, but their 'understanding' (for the lack of a better word) is different.

As such, IEEs and SEEs can genuinely be deep and soulful, but in that case they wouldn't really be shouting it from the rooftops.

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...-function.html

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...n-by-ilis.html
    IEEs I've met are not really "deep and soulful". They're very socially adept and Mobilizing Te gone out of control can be annoying. It looks like someone trying to convince me with bad arguments for benefits of Fi creative.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    IEEs I've met are not really "deep and soulful". They're very socially adept and Mobilizing Te gone out of control can be annoying. It looks like someone trying to convince me with bad arguments for benefits of Fi creative.
    Such IEEs do indeed exist in abundance.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AshSun View Post
    IEEs I've met are not really "deep and soulful".
    What is this *deep and soulful* you all speak of? I mean, let's not confuse emo with soulful, eh?
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such IEEs do indeed exist in abundance.
    How can you talk about IEE like you know what one looks like when you don't even know how to type? By the way, your "social role" for IEE is nauseatingly one-dimensional.