TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introduction, and type clarification...:/

Greetings Introductions Forum!

So, I'm obviously new here (hey!). I am somewhat shamefacedly forced to say at the moment that I still have a lot of uncertainties about my own type. I've spent enough time now learning about cognitive functions, and behaviors, and all the little details relating to different types that I feel quite confident in my ability to understand the theory, and assess others; the problem is objective self-analysis, especially in regards to the recognition of more abstract functions like intuition. If you all don't mind (and if you do, feel free to send mean messages, or not read, or something), I'm going to try to describe myself using non-cognitive function based descriptors.

A little about myself (now that I've spent ten minutes introducing my introduction):

I'm high strung. I'm quite anxious, and obsessive, and compulsive (which I recognize as a psychiatric problem as well as a manifestation of my natural personality).

I'm quite stoic.

I'm not particularly sentimental, or loving, nor am I a good listener (unfortunately), although I can be sort of robustly emotional. I don't know if that's the best way of putting it.

I'm stubborn, and I just know I'm right, like all of the time. I can be a bit arrogant because of this. Bummer, huh?

I'm severely under motivated. I spend an inordinate amount of time staring at the wall, avoiding thinking about how I need to think about doing something. This is a very stressful process.

At the same time, I can be very impulsive.

I make sure that I stay in people's good graces, and I believe most people like me (somehow, despite my tightly wound personality), although I don't have many friends. I'm withdrawn, and I don't really leave my house save for work.

As far as my redeeming qualities go, I don't think I have too many, but I am funny (although my humor is long winded, and focused on criticizing my immediate environment), I'm decently intelligent (but not good at anything, so this isn't all that purposeful), I don't take things too seriously (except when I do, and then I really do), and I think I'm at least a somewhat animated and engaging speaker--people listen when I talk.

So, that's me in a super long winded ( like always) nutshell. Thank you so much for reading! Please, if you have any input or opinions I would seriously love to hear them. I've been obsessing, and analyzing, and reanalyzing my type for quite some time. It's driving me a little insane.

Yours,
    TheWholeEnglish

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello, welcome to the 16types.

Are you ILI?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Hell, welcome to the 16types.

Are you ILI?
    That was my impression, too.

And hi!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

serious introvert is my gestalt impression.
    so ILI, ESI, SLI, EII

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Hello, welcome to the 16types.

Are you ILI?
    You know, that's what I almost always type as, but pieces of it don't fit entirely? I realized after posting that there's a whole forum devoted to typing () so I'm gonna make a video and post there....to probably have everyone tell me I'm an ILI (lolz).

And like, for serious, thanks for responding! Everyone on this forum seems so familiar with, and comfortable with one another. It kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    serious introvert is my gestalt impression.
    so ILI, ESI, SLI, EII
    That's actually one I haven't figured out yet, and one of the reasons I'm so confused about my type. I don't know if I might be the introverted subtype of an extroverted type. I can be pretty ambiverted behavior wise. :/

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    Greetings Introductions Forum!

So, I'm obviously new here (hey!). I am somewhat shamefacedly forced to say at the moment that I still have a lot of uncertainties about my own type. I've spent enough time now learning about cognitive functions, and behaviors, and all the little details relating to different types that I feel quite confident in my ability to understand the theory, and assess others; the problem is objective self-analysis, especially in regards to the recognition of more abstract functions like intuition. If you all don't mind (and if you do, feel free to send mean messages, or not read, or something), I'm going to try to describe myself using non-cognitive function based descriptors.

A little about myself (now that I've spent ten minutes introducing my introduction):

I'm high strung. I'm quite anxious, and obsessive, and compulsive (which I recognize as a psychiatric problem as well as a manifestation of my natural personality).

I'm quite stoic.

I'm not particularly sentimental, or loving, nor am I a good listener (unfortunately), although I can be sort of robustly emotional. I don't know if that's the best way of putting it.

I'm stubborn, and I just know I'm right, like all of the time. I can be a bit arrogant because of this. Bummer, huh?

I'm severely under motivated. I spend an inordinate amount of time staring at the wall, avoiding thinking about how I need to think about doing something. This is a very stressful process.

At the same time, I can be very impulsive.

I make sure that I stay in people's good graces, and I believe most people like me (somehow, despite my tightly wound personality), although I don't have many friends. I'm withdrawn, and I don't really leave my house save for work.

As far as my redeeming qualities go, I don't think I have too many, but I am funny (although my humor is long winded, and focused on criticizing my immediate environment), I'm decently intelligent (but not good at anything, so this isn't all that purposeful), I don't take things too seriously (except when I do, and then I really do), and I think I'm at least a somewhat animated and engaging speaker--people listen when I talk.

So, that's me in a super long winded ( like always) nutshell. Thank you so much for reading! Please, if you have any input or opinions I would seriously love to hear them. I've been obsessing, and analyzing, and reanalyzing my type for quite some time. It's driving me a little insane.

Yours,
    TheWholeEnglish
    Oh gawd. Kindred!

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    And like, for serious, thanks for responding! Everyone on this forum seems so familiar with, and comfortable with one another. It kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...
    Give it a week or few, and we'll disabuse you of that notion.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you know how many people need a type clarification?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Welcome, TheWholeEnglish.

Why are you the whole English, and not just the partial English?
    I'm the whole English because.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Do you know how many people need a type clarification?
    Oh, boy, just spending the day around here I can see it's a pretty common request. I went over to the "What's My Type" forum for some clarification, and I've had my IEI suspicions validated. So, I think I'm gonna go with that.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    I thought IEI from your description - in particular, staying in people's good graces doesn't sound like something most ILIs think about, whereas it's quite common in IEIs. Welcome!
    Hola octo!

Yep, that's the conclusion I've come to. My dad is an ILI, so I have him for comparison. He and I are unbelievably similar, except I'm way more concerned with not pissing off the rest of my family. And everyone else too for that matter.