Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
That's quite detailed. I often feel like I return to the same places in my dreams, but they're always a little bit different and I couldn't describe it that well. Often it feels like a deja vu and I can't tell whether I really dreamed the same place before. But I suppose what you described is lucid dreaming which I don't do that often.

I have to think about whether there is a connection to cognitive functions and what it could be. I believe that people who like to daydream and overall have a more vivid imagination also could have the more civid dreams. Others just experience the common themes in dreams (having to write a test, being naked, getting lost, not being somewhere on time...) or they often dream about friends and family. People in my dreams are often people I don't know in real life.
What is typical for dreams is that they are mostly linear, somehow I have a determination, I know what I have to do and where I have to go. It feels best when I gain full control. It's hard to describe, what I once experienced: a very strange change of perspective - I was standing in that city of my dream and suddenly the landscape flipped over and I could see all the houses towering up above me, almost how I would imagine a 4-dimensional perspective. Very weird. But I guess it's Ni, sometimes Se. Fe when people are involved. Sometimes gets very strong because I behave even more emotional and expressive in my dream than in reality.
Mmm, I don't dream so vividly ALL the time, a lot of dreams get lost because they are vague settings, just simple houses or more abandoned places that just blend in with the rest. So I know what you're saying. I've had plenty of deja vu dreams too.

That would explain quite a lot, I'm halfway in my own world most of the time, haha. Interesting that you have a purpose to pursue in a dream, I think I can honestly say I've never had that in a dream. Always kinda wandering, or just going with it. I hope I can have a dream that's goal-driven sometime. And that dream sounds pretty awesome, I suppose you were probably flipping out when your perspective changed? lawl punz. I'd be curious to know what something like that would mean. And I think that's pretty detailed and vivid, in contrast to what you said about your dreams previously