TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    ...ESTJ is Enneagram 1...
    If and only if LSE is E1, then where do you put LSI at not to mention ESI and even LII?

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    If and only if LSE is E1, then what where do you put LSI at?
    Never said LSE was the only E1. LSE is the stereotypical 1.

LSI is more on the spectrum between 1 and 9.

Those are the two types that can only ever be 1...

Creepy-pokeball

A lot of types are E1. There is no direct correlation -- just constraints and probabilities. So, an E8 has a strong possibility to be an ESTp or ESTj, among others. Therefore... people could be receiving a lot of their perception from both of these seemingly similar E8 possibilities. See?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never said LSE was the only E1. LSE is the stereotypical 1.

LSI is more on the spectrum between 1 and 9.

All rational types can be 1s, in theory. I could go on explaining how but it will take a lot of effort so let's just say I'm right and you're wrong.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Sorry, but that's wrong. Are you going to tell me that there are ISFp 1s? An ESFj 1? ESFp 1? No...Types on socionics correlate specifically to certain types on the enneagram.

And as for E8, ISTp is between 9 and 8. ESTp is 8.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    All rational types can be 1s, in theory. I could go on explaining how but it will take a lot of effort so let's just say I'm right and you're wrong.
    The only reason why it would take you any effort would be because you'd be wasting your time constructing a lie out of nothing.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post a thread and invite LIIs and ESIs this forum has to offer, LIIs and ESIs self-typing E1. By that kind of reasoning those two shouldn't even exist which is fine with me, although I still don't know whether E-type commands sociotypes to oblige or is the other way around. So you tell me.

You never said "only". I got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    A lot of types are E1. There is no direct correlation -- just constraints and probabilities. So, an E8 has a strong possibility to be an ESTp or ESTj, among others. Therefore... people could be receiving a lot of their perception from both of these seemingly similar E8 possibilities. See?
    Nice wording, don't let siuntal respond to this.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason why it would take you any effort would be because you'd be wasting your time constructing a lie out of nothing.
    ???

And as for E8, ISTp is between 9 and 8.
    You are pretty much pulling these correlations out of your ass.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

...ESTJ is Enneagram 1...
    I have an LSE friend who's a 3.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Isn't that exactly what people on here do?

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???

No, its called common sense. Get some.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I have an LSE friend who's a 3.
    Then your friend is either, A. Not LSE, B. Not E3, or C. Neither

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What is DA's friend, then?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Then your friend is either, A. Not LSE, B. Not E3, or C. Neither
    You are a fool.

This is out-of-date, but it still makes my point.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol I don't see how posting a picture of minesweeper proves your point, but sure whatever you say.

People shouldn't even be combining socionics with the enneagram anyways. Two seperate theories, and apparently just one of either of them is more than enough for people to handle.

Especially when someone goes and says something like this... "Im LSI Tritype E8w7-637-251 sx/so/sp INFJ RCLUEI Type B Personality"

If you want to combine shit, go read the enneagram carefully, and then come back and read each socionics function carefully. If you have any shred of intelligence and insight, you'd see that everything you people are saying doesn't add up.

ST must relate to the Gut Triad 9,8,1

NT must relate to the Head Triad 7,5,6

NF must relate to the Heart Triad 4,3,2 with the exception of some types that im not sure of, which would probably if anything relate to 6 which is probably the most dominant enneagram type

SF the same as NF
    Last edited by Leader; 03-21-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even think enneagram is worth investing in, it's too limited. Sure you can classify people with it to a certain extent, but it's not going to prove much, you have to assume their type is actually suitable and not 'one of the nine types of people.' I agree that all of these specific subtypes going along with Socionics are unnecessary.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol I don't see how posting a picture of minesweeper proves your point, but sure whatever you say.
    I did see your thread on enneagram-socionics correlations and it actually looks the same even though it is "different".

People shouldn't even be combining socionics with the enneagram anyways. Two seperate theories, and apparently just one of either of them is more than enough for people to handle.
    You just bashed yourself saying that but there is a way out, you can always say you're not people as in part of people. Not human.

Especially when someone goes and says something like this... "Im LSI Tritype E8w7-637-251 sx/so/sp INFJ RCLUEI Type B Personality"
    Leave that to Aleksei or Gilly.

If you want to combine shit, go read the enneagram carefully, and then come back and read each socionics function carefully. If you have any shred of intelligence and insight, you'd see that everything you people are saying doesn't add up.
    ?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socio type should fit any enneagram type. They do not contradict. A reformer E1 could easily be NT, (think of the typical intellectual working in a think tank.) A helper 2 could be a NT, think of an emergency room doctor. An achiever 3 could be an NT -think Wall Street analyst and so on.

Enneagram is the emotional core of what impact or "footprint" you want to leave in the world. Their information metabolism something that modifies that desired impact. For example information metabolism could split E2 into different types of helpers - social workers, stay at home moms, medical doctors, pastors, academic deans and so on. They do not contradict because they are discussing life mission, not information processing.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Enneagram and socionics are not linked except by tendencies.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agee, you're wrong.

Maybe when you find some SLE/ILE 3's you'll understand...

or ESFj 8's.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ST must relate to the Gut Triad 9,8,1

NT must relate to the Head Triad 7,5,6

NF must relate to the Heart Triad 4,3,2 with the exception of some types that im not sure of, which would probably if anything relate to 6 which is probably the most dominant enneagram type

SF the same as NF
    Their isn't a correlation thats set in stone like that^^.. The enneagram is more about instinctual energies and motivations that can't really be tied to functions. Although I do agree that their is a general correlation, I've known quite a few people who disprove the one you've given. Haven't you ever seen an ENFp 7w6? or an ST 6w5? I think tritype plays MAJORLY into things, so even if an ST is a main heart type which isn't common they probably have somthing more earthy or gutsy as a close second.. also sometimes a persons main type is very strong and some people have a more overlapping tritype. Like me I've always had trouble discerning whether I'm 4w5 or 1w9....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna1921 View Post
    Couldn't many, many types say the things in BOTH of those lists?
    Maybe, especially Te since Te is involved with watching and observing how things work and observing, comparing.

I agree; I haven't found any one to one correlation between Sociotype and E.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-22-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Agee, you're wrong.

Maybe when you find some SLE/ILE 3's you'll understand...

or ESFj 8's.
    And INFp 1s, ISFp 8s, Big Foot, and Me Mahgacull Luckee Chams!...

...Please.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is your point that certain S types cannot be certain E types or that certain S types must be certain E types?

Personally, I have not seen any particular or consistent correlations. I have a hard time imagining an INFp 1 and an ISFp 8, but can imagine an INFp 9 and an ISFp 5 (ESFj 8, EXTp 3, etc.), both of which I thought you claimed were impossible.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    No.
    The main reason why none of what im saying makes sense to you is because you have no sense. Makes sense?

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, is your point that certain S types cannot be certain E types or that certain S types must be certain E types?

Personally, I have not seen any particular or consistent correlations. I have a hard time imagining an INFp 1 and an ISFp 8, but can imagine an INFp 9 and an ISFp 5 (ESFj 8, EXTp 3, etc.), both of which I thought you claimed were impossible.
    Exactly, you're imagining and not using logic or common sense.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf are you talking about?

I cannot imagine those combinations because I have not seen them. I can imagine the other combinations because I have seen them. You're making a lot of claims about other people's logic without backing yours up.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diam0nd View Post
    Their isn't a correlation thats set in stone like that^^.. The enneagram is more about instinctual energies and motivations that can't really be tied to functions. Although I do agree that their is a general correlation, I've known quite a few people who disprove the one you've given. Haven't you ever seen an ENFp 7w6? or an ST 6w5? I think tritype plays MAJORLY into things, so even if an ST is a main heart type which isn't common they probably have somthing more earthy or gutsy as a close second.. also sometimes a persons main type is very strong and some people have a more overlapping tritype. Like me I've always had trouble discerning whether I'm 4w5 or 1w9....
    ....Instinctual energies....don't know what you mean by that but instincts are innate. Therefore, innate abilities = functions. And motivations don't come out of nowhere. A person's perception (functions) will influence how not only they, but the rest of the world sees them. Their perception influences their reality and that reality provides feedback to them reinforcing their behavior, aka their motivations.

People use tritypes and variants only because they want to feel special, to feel individual. Its useless.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf are you talking about?

I cannot imagine those combinations because I have not seen them. I can imagine the other combinations because I have seen them. You're making a lot of claims about other people's logic without backing yours up.
    You have not seen them? There are 4 other senses which you use (hopefully) on a daily basis. You have ears to hear with right? Just because you haven't seen something doesn't necessarily mean its not there. The only way to solve this problem is if you have this thing called a -brain-. More importantly is how you -use- this brain. And obviously, you're not using yours because if you were you'd understand and "see" what im talking about.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah dude, whatever lol.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And not backing anything up?

I can't teach common sense.

Either you see what im talking about, or you don't. Either way, as long as I know what im talking about thats all that matters.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And not backing anything up?

I can't teach common sense.

Either you see what im talking about, or you don't. Either way, as long as I know what im talking about thats all that matters.
    Agee, I think you're putting people into patterns, I can relate; I have however seen SEI both be E9 and E5, some of our forum member SEI have made both choices.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-pokeball

Agee, you can disagree all you want. I dont care. It is not my life. However, using obtuse logic in real world settings is not going to be useful to you. You are only hurting yourself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Agee, you can disagree all you want. I dont care. It is not my life. However, using obtuse logic in real world settings is not going to be useful to you. You are only hurting yourself.
    It's not very EFFECTIVE, is it? It's always good to have someone to judge things like that; I mean he does want to know about things that will actually WORK.
    -