Thread: Body Hair

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Body Hair

Good thing? Not so good thing? Discuss. Either gender is fair game.

I'll start.

I've always wanted more body hair, as I've likely talked about on here before, but my genetics don't seem to be working to that end. I've got rather hairy legs which I'm proud of, but above the waist it trails off to Pattern 1 (see list of patterns here). The advice I've seen for growing thicker body hair seems either really shady (hormone therapy) or just bizarre (rubbing onions on your skin, supposedly something about Phosphorus aiding in hair growth). The rest seems like stuff outside of my control, so perhaps I'll just have to accept my satyr-like goatman visage

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love hairy men.

I am fuzzy hairy too. I don't care how men think of me. I used to be more self conscious when I was younger, but I have also been pursued by some of the most incredibly handsome men in the world...which goes to show that if you do have hair, they don't really care. What men are looking for is sexual responsiveness.

How can anyone say what they want concretely? What if they fall in love with a man and he's hairy...that means you won't take that person? That's bulls***
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 09-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not want a very hairy man. Some hair is tolerable. Of course, I shave my legs once in a blue moon and can't shave my armpits due to my doctor's orders (my condition affects the apocrine glands, which are found in the armpits and other sensitive areas), so should I end up with someone, they'll have to be accepting of that.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    wooly mammoths

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I love hairy men.

I can't stand hairy men. I mean a little bit is okay...but really.... everyone should just shave/wax like swimmers (including women)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some body hair on both men and women is definitely okay in my opinion. I think it's unnecessary to shave everything, which seems a little bit obsessive to me. Some people equate body hair with bad hygiene, which is not true. So people who keep their body hairless are likely also the ones who shower twice a day, which is actually contraproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I've always wanted more body hair, as I've likely talked about on here before, but my genetics don't seem to be working to that end.
    Afaik, there's not much you can do about it. You can aid hair growth with biotin for example (don't know about the onion method), but that won't lead to more hairs, just strengthen the ones which are already there. Body hair is mainly influenced by testosterone. But larger amounts of this hormone also leads to baldness, so if you don't have much body hair, you have a good chance to keep the hair on your head.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like chest or back hair on men. Small amounts of chest hair I won't care about, especially if it's not black, but I do find excessive hairiness repulsive. Luckily people around here aren't usually too hairy; the vast majority of hairy men around here are Turkish immigrants.

What comes to women, the social pressure has a strong effect on me and a woman with armpit hair will definitely stand out from a crowd to me, even if I'd like to be able to see it as something trivial. I've gotten to see a few very attractive girls that don't shave their legs lately, which has helped to ease up my attitude towards that a bit. I guess the idea of a hairy woman being unattractive has been beaten into me pretty hard. But I've gotten a little more laid back with age. I used to feel uncomfortable about anyone seeing my legs hadn't they been waxed within the past fifteen minutes, but now I feel pretty okay going to a yoga class with a stubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i like body hair on men. except for on a few places like the shoulders. even trimmed pubes on men are kinda strange to me.
    ive been really inconsistent about body hair removal since ive been single for awhile, except for the pits because it helps with odor.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    The advice I've seen for growing thicker body hair seems either really shady (hormone therapy) or just bizarre (rubbing onions on your skin, supposedly something about Phosphorus aiding in hair growth). The rest seems like stuff outside of my control, so perhaps I'll just have to accept my satyr-like goatman visage
    Try wearing other peoples skins. Leger might lend you his own, actually.

Oh and no hair on shoulders and back - hair fairy thought of everything.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have much body hair, mostly on my legs and arms. I thus don't care that much about it. Body hair in women is also not that big of a deal, unless it's extreme. I do know some males who are picky about it, though - but they're the kind of guys who never find a girl 100% of their liking.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like both. no particular preference. chest hair feels awesome to nuzzle into tho.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its weird how seeing a woman with hairy legs is kind of a shock like its unnatural. when its actually shaving thats not natural.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agarina View Post
    I guess the idea of a hairy woman being unattractive has been beaten into me pretty hard. :
    It seems that most people feel the same way. I'm actually kind of surprised to see a number of guys on here express that some body hair on women is acceptable, I would not have expected it.

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    its weird how seeing a woman with hairy legs is kind of a shock like its unnatural. when its actually shaving thats not natural.
    i no rite!
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/tech/s...-leg-stockings

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't judge people by their body hair, so it's not a big deal for me. Personally, I take care of mine (shave, pluck, whatever), so I can feel attractive, since a lot of guys don't like body hair on girls. Especially now that I'm living in FL, I've been striving for that perfect beach bod.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I allow my hair to grow until it reach my ankles. all of my hair.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like facial hair on guys that much. The first guy that lung posted is smoking hawt though. Ideally, a guy would have that exact amount of chest hair. Idk, when I'm attracted to a man, I'm attracted to all of him and the absence or prescience of body hair makes no difference at all but generally speaking, the guy in the first pic is my idea of the perfect amount.

Um ok I just realized they all have the same amount of chest hair, it just their facial hair that's different lol. Well hell, I guess I do prefer men with beards, who knew.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer my women to have so much hair that there are fluffy creatures living in there.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like beards.
    although I like the look more than how they feel on my face.

I like to grab on to beards and tug them too... not hard.. just I dunno.. probably because I like touching faces.

I like chest hair too for same reasons as above..I like to give it a tug and run my hands through it.

The only hair I'm not hugely fond of is back hair and crazy pubes (I'm not talking regular pubes..I'm talking ape long hairy nastiness). I won't put my face near either. trim dat shit a teeny bit.

I wouldn't like the feel of a dude who shaved everywhere. I like hair..if I like the person.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great arse, blackburry.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adrie View Post
    I can't stand hairy men. I mean a little bit is okay...but really.... everyone should just shave/wax like swimmers (including women)

lil' strange you're overheated by prepubescent-looking dudes

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There's nothing grosser to me than a man who prefers women to look like prepubescent girls yuck...body hair? Deal with it.

And a woman who wants a boy's body. Some people need to have nieces and nephews. After wiping my nieces butt I've begin to have a really gross perspective on men who like cleanly shaven bodies on a woman...YUCK>
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like some body hair on men, just not so much that they look like an ape.
    My man has the perfect amount of body hair for me, feels good too. Mmm.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There isn't really any "science" behind attractiveness + beards. What can fall under "science" is women judging bearded men as older. Same goes for Islam, where beards are, culturally, the norm. The bigger and more thicker, the 'more wiser the man is', allegedly. So it is a status symbol.

Women, do your magiks.
    Last edited by Absurd; 09-14-2013 at 03:06 PM.