Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Member Questionnaire (Verdigris)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    We are socially opposite; I value new people, especially new friendships. Again I reference to Fi Plus in socionics; you would be Fi Minus. So the chances of you being EII is highly unlikely.
    Not taking into account emotional woundedness? And again, I apologize, I am not familiar with a lot of the terms you use, my knowledge of socionics is scant, which is why I am here to learn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything in my answers suggest IEI?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    Not taking into account emotional woundedness? And again, I apologize, I am not familiar with a lot of the terms you use, my knowledge of socionics is scant, which is why I am here to learn.
    No problem, so basically here is the reference to plus and minus systems...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nus-into-works
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not even being mean when I say that Maritsa doesn't allow any other to be an EII on this forum. She has almost 15000 posts and she says she hasn't seen anyone else being EII. Take most of the things she says regarding socionics with a grain of salt.

EII seems fine to you, I guess.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I'm not even being mean when I say that Maritsa doesn't allow any other to be an EII on this forum. She has almost 15000 posts and she says she hasn't seen anyone else being EII. Take most of the things she says regarding socionics with a grain of salt.

She's the only one actually and Discojoe, and Jadae not to mention Matt (whoever that is), are the only LSE on here. Besides the amount of your nor any one else's posts doesn't really say much. You can stop at 10 and write nothing useful in any way. I do not want to offend (cough), but going of the members, active members on here, I think I found maximum three three not useless at all.
    Last edited by Absurd; 07-22-2013 at 07:56 PM.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's "allowed" a few women to be EII.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just hoping to get insight from people who know more about the system than I do, instead of self-typing and leaving it at that. However, as with MBTI and Enneagram, it seems there is little consistency between the theory, those that follow the theory, and whether or not there is anything actually to it. I had heard Socionics is more accurate than the theories I mentioned, but perhaps that is not the case. It is ridiculous to believe that strangers on a forum could know me better than I know myself anyways, so I am not quite certain why I keep putting myself out there when nothing ever comes of it. This whole thread was most likely a giant mistake. I apologize for wasting anyone's time.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just hoping to get insight from people who know more about the system than I do, instead of self-typing and leaving it at that. However, as with MBTI and Enneagram, it seems there is little consistency between the theory, those that follow the theory, and whether or not there is anything actually to it. I had heard Socionics is more accurate than the theories I mentioned, but perhaps that is not the case. It is ridiculous to believe that strangers on a forum could know me better than I know myself anyways, so I am not quite certain why I keep putting myself out there when nothing ever comes of it. This whole thread was most likely a giant mistake. I apologize for wasting anyone's time.
    *blink* With the exception of one person, who multiple people have told you to ignore due to lack of socionics comprehension, your typing suggestions have been pretty much the same (Delta NF, EII). How is that "nothing coming" of you "putting [yourself] out there"? Why the frustration and "I never should have bothered" attitude?
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    *blink* With the exception of one person, who multiple people have told you to ignore due to lack of socionics comprehension, your typing suggestions have been pretty much the same (Delta NF, EII). How is that "nothing coming" of you "putting [yourself] out there"? Why the frustration and "I never should have bothered" attitude?
    I'm not sure really. I guess I expected it to be more difficult. The shouldn't have bothered attitude goes back to the thought that if it were as simple as taking a test at face value, then the form was not useful in figuring out my type. And as I am new, it makes me a bit uncomfortable how everyone says to ignore Maritsa even though she can read everyone's posts - and I may disagree with the type she thinks I am, but I still appreciate her help and do not want to hurt her feelings. I am no good in a situation where there is obvious tension going on. Again, I apologize.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was thinking that you may be Si plus, since you're particularly sensitive to tense social environments, you don't seem to be able to ignore the extraverted emotional (dynamic) factor of external emotional atmospheres well, like I do. Um, what do you think about SEI and this description as it relates to you?

And as I am new, it makes me a bit uncomfortable how everyone says to ignore Maritsa even though she can read everyone's posts - and I may disagree with the type she thinks I am, but I still appreciate her help and do not want to hurt her feelings. I am no good in a situation where there is obvious tension going on. Again, I apologize.
    The feeling that YOU (the you is emphasized for subjective factor of introversion) get of comfort or discomfort from an atmosphere suggests to me you may be Si base or Si valuing

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SEI

I was thinking of this part particularly:

"SEIs are sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around them, either from an individual, a group, or even from inanimate objects and their physical environment. "
    "they are extremely attuned to the internal atmosphere of their bodies, and the external atmosphere around them in daily lives"

That means these people know what things make them feel good (as in the sensations derived from eating chocolate), they can also read the rhythm of their body very well, for instance my friend is SEI and when we go running she can find the pace of her heart beat that beats consistently in such a way that she can find that pace and continue running for a long time, whereas I'm not intuned or I can't find that equilibrium. I can't read what my body does, says, is doing.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's "allowed" a few women to be EII.
    Chizzled chins are so EII.

@Verdigris do note that plus and minus signs are an alternate theory and are not considered to be a part of Model A socionics.

Here's the original discussion thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post751921

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I was thinking that you may be Si plus, since you're particularly sensitive to tense social environments, you don't seem to be able to ignore the extraverted emotional (dynamic) factor of external emotional atmospheres well, like I do. Um, what do you think about SEI and this description as it relates to you?

The feeling that YOU (the you is emphasized for subjective factor of introversion) get of comfort or discomfort from an atmosphere suggests to me you may be Si base or Si valuing

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=SEI

I was thinking of this part particularly:

"SEIs are sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around them, either from an individual, a group, or even from inanimate objects and their physical environment. "
    "they are extremely attuned to the internal atmosphere of their bodies, and the external atmosphere around them in daily lives"

That means these people know what things make them feel good (as in the sensations derived from eating chocolate), they can also read the rhythm of their body very well, for instance my friend is SEI and when we go running she can find the pace of her heart beat that beats consistently in such a way that she can find that pace and continue running for a long time, whereas I'm not intuned or I can't find that equilibrium. I can't read what my body does, says, is doing.
    This is quite a different direction from the first type you mentioned, and it is a bit closer. However, I am not really hyper-aware of my body as you explained in your post. I have poor eating habits, neglect meals and sleep, and am at a loss when someone remarks how hot or cold it is in my house (since I do not really pay attention to such things.) Though there are parts of that type that sort of ring true. I will keep it in mind.

I know you disagree, but someone else I have been discussing this topic with elsewhere suggested I am EII-Ne, and the description on this site of the Ne subtype is incredibly accurate, so I am looking hard at that possibility as well. I found on one site (cannot remember if it was this one or not), a list of helpful growth tips for EII-Ne, and they were things I definitely need to work on and have been recurrent themes over the course of my life as well as just recently, so I may see if it helps me to follow these tips.

I will focus on these two types for now, thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Chizzled chins are so EII.

@Verdigris do note that plus and minus signs are an alternate theory and are not considered to be a part of Model A socionics.

Here's the original discussion thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...l=1#post751921
    I had not come across that part of the theory yet, and will take it into consideration.

I know you guys are not a fan of VI around here, is the chin comment sarcastic or? May I post a photo (to be removed rather quickly!) if you were being serious, just to get your thoughts?

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure really. I guess I expected it to be more difficult. The shouldn't have bothered attitude goes back to the thought that if it were as simple as taking a test at face value, then the form was not useful in figuring out my type.
    It's very difficult to make a consistently accurate Socionics test. Too many factors at play. Therefore, many do not work. As for the typing form, there is... mixed opinion on its usefulness. I think @hkkmr uploaded it as something of a joke.

And as I am new, it makes me a bit uncomfortable how everyone says to ignore Maritsa even though she can read everyone's posts - and I may disagree with the type she thinks I am, but I still appreciate her help and do not want to hurt her feelings. I am no good in a situation where there is obvious tension going on. Again, I apologize.
    Fair enough. It is well-meant toward you, even if her feelings are potentially being sacrificed in the process; some might not care about her feelings to begin with, while others may feel she's forfeited that privilege through her past behavior. She's consistently demonstrated that she doesn't comprehend the system and therefore does not apply it properly. She quite easily tosses out ego typings, even when there is little reason to do so. One can be retyped as , particularly base, for disagreeing with her/confronting her on a matter. There are other issues as well, but I won't get into them here. Point being, I don't agree with you, although I can see where you're coming from here.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very difficult to make a consistently accurate Socionics test. Too many factors at play. Therefore, many do not work. As for the typing form, there is... mixed opinion on its usefulness. I think @hkkmr uploaded it as something of a joke.

Fair enough. It is well-meant toward you, even if her feelings are potentially being sacrificed in the process; some might not care about her feelings to begin with, while others may feel she's forfeited that privilege through her past behavior. She's consistently demonstrated that she doesn't comprehend the system and therefore does not apply it properly. She quite easily tosses out ego typings, even when there is little reason to do so. One can be retyped as , particularly base, for disagreeing with her/confronting her on a matter. There are other issues as well, but I won't get into them here. Point being, I don't agree with you, although I can see where you're coming from here.
    I appreciate the advice. I try to make up my own mind about people based on my interactions with them, and in the end, I will go with what I feel is most accurate for my type (I have come up against people in the past on sites that like to give unsolicited advice on people's type, so I am aware of what that is like and how annoying it can be.) However, I did solicit advice, and I am willing to hear out everyone and ultimately make up my own mind. I am thankful for the heads up, do not mistake me

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

This person is introverted and probably a ethical intuitive. I'm going to say EII.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The questionnaire is also not a joke, the joke in socionics is actually that it really doesn't matter what questions you answer or what you try to communicate, as long as you speak from the heart/ego/your preferred 1/2 functions, you will be pretty easy to type.

A individuals most natural means of communication is thru the ego, and that will shine thru.

This questionnaire has one major bias, and that it's probably written by someone ethical and intuitive. Thus you need to take account the questions may bias towards individuals that want to answer these types of questions or want to answer them in a intuitive and ethical fashion.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    The questionnaire is also not a joke, the joke in socionics is actually that it really doesn't matter what questions you answer or what you try to communicate, as long as you speak from the heart/ego/your preferred 1/2 functions, you will be pretty easy to type.

A individuals most natural means of communication is thru the ego, and that will shine thru.

This questionnaire has one major bias, and that it's probably written by someone ethical and intuitive. Thus you need to take account the questions may bias towards individuals that want to answer these types of questions or want to answer them in a intuitive and ethical fashion.
    I didn't say the questionnaire itself was a joke. I know it's from PerC, and it's still widely used over there. Rather, the manner in which you uploaded it seemed more trolling than anything; someone complained about how shitty it was and how they were annoyed to see people posting it, and then you seemed to respond to that specifically, saying perhaps you should upload it. Maybe I misinterpreted the situation.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 07-23-2013 at 04:24 AM.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure really. I guess I expected it to be more difficult. The shouldn't have bothered attitude goes back to the thought that if it were as simple as taking a test at face value, then the form was not useful in figuring out my type. And as I am new, it makes me a bit uncomfortable how everyone says to ignore Maritsa even though she can read everyone's posts - and I may disagree with the type she thinks I am, but I still appreciate her help and do not want to hurt her feelings. I am no good in a situation where there is obvious tension going on. Again, I apologize.
    I also dislike singling people out in a negative context like that, but the benefit of preventing someone falling for her bullshit is greater than the cost of hurting her feelings. I, of course, am taking into consideration her past behavior including the fact she's been very aggressive, inconsiderate, and emotionally manipulative towards numerous people on here (some of which I rather like) who have disagreed with her on matters both related and unrelated to Socionics. So in addition to being annoyed by her intellectual ignorance and persistent application of false logic to 'help others', I also despise her ethical behavior, which leaves me with little to no concern in regards to her feelings.

Socionics tests measure different parameters and combine the results to arrive at type prognosis. Information elements and their interdependence is much more concisely defined than the vague I/E, S/N, T/F, J/P scale measurements you'll find in MBTI.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I also dislike singling people out in a negative context like that, but the benefit of preventing someone falling for her bullshit is greater than the cost of hurting her feelings. I, of course, am taking into consideration her past behavior including the fact she's been very aggressive, inconsiderate, and emotionally manipulative towards numerous people on here (some of which I rather like) who have disagreed with her on matters both related and unrelated to Socionics. So in addition to being annoyed by her intellectual ignorance and persistent application of false logic to 'help others', I also despise her ethical behavior, which leaves me with little to no concern in regards to her feelings.

Socionics tests measure different parameters and combine the results to arrive at type prognosis. Information elements and their interdependence is much more concisely defined than the vague I/E, S/N, T/F, J/P scale measurements you'll find in MBTI.
    I understand. I don't doubt at all that everyone has their reasons. And I do appreciate the heads up.

I still have hope that socionics will be a bit tighter theory than MBTI. I enjoy reading about and studying all of these different typing theories, just because I like to imagine all of the possibilities that exist in the world. I can also tend toward the esoteric in my beliefs, so I give everything a chance and just absorb it all. I'm also looking for a bit of motivation and understanding in how to go about becoming a healthier person (holistically & emotionally), and I believe that can only happen with better self awareness. I am enjoying learning and this site has been an immense help. I wish I could read more today, but I have other plans that will not allow for the time, but I will check in tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you again for the help

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NobleFool View Post
    @Verdigris

You seem like an awesome person.

I like what you wrote about war, and also raising your daughter.

Thank you, I am trying my best - my daughter means the world to me She is so full of potential it just blows my mind!

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I didn't say the questionnaire itself was a joke. I know it's from PerC, and it's still widely used over there. Rather, the manner in which you uploaded it seemed more trolling than anything; someone complained about how shitty it was and how they were annoyed to see people posting it, and then you seemed to respond to that specifically, saying perhaps you should upload it. Maybe I misinterpreted the situation.
    I didn't know it was from PerC, but anything that elicts a subjective reaction is interesting and I figure I would do something with it. The questionnaire is terrible as a general socionics test but it's a nice NF honey trap.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts during reading: IJ, either LII or EII - most likely EII.
    Thoughts after finishing: EII, and an enneagram 9w1.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand. I don't doubt at all that everyone has their reasons. And I do appreciate the heads up.

I still have hope that socionics will be a bit tighter theory than MBTI. I enjoy reading about and studying all of these different typing theories, just because I like to imagine all of the possibilities that exist in the world. I can also tend toward the esoteric in my beliefs, so I give everything a chance and just absorb it all. I'm also looking for a bit of motivation and understanding in how to go about becoming a healthier person (holistically & emotionally), and I believe that can only happen with better self awareness. I am enjoying learning and this site has been an immense help. I wish I could read more today, but I have other plans that will not allow for the time, but I will check in tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you again for the help
    IMO, look at enneagram. Check out the E9 descriptions (and others too, but I think you'll find a lot that resonates with you there) and the type recommendations. My impression is that you're a 9w1. Anyway, look into it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    IMO, look at enneagram. Check out the E9 descriptions (and others too, but I think you'll find a lot that resonates with you there) and the type recommendations. My impression is that you're a 9w1. Anyway, look into it.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my answers and post your thoughts. I haven't checked back here for awhile. I have actually studied the enneagram quite extensively for the past 3 years or so, and have determined my tritype is 469 - I have carefully studied each type, and have done so much navel-gazing that even my normally introspective self got tired of it after awhile. I have stepped back, re-examined, and ultimately concluded I am a type 4 (I looked very hard at 9, but I am much more intense and tumultuous internally, and I breathe negative emotions like air.) I have mulled over whether my tightly wound side is the frustration of a 4 not being able to grasp my true identity or the anger of a suppressed and peace-seeking 9, because both are very true for me at times. Only at looking over the scope of my life does 4 seem to emerge as a pattern moreso than 9, yet I am very conflict avoidant at times. As 469 is the most self-doubting tritype I have made peace with knowing that I may never know for sure

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would say that I'm 100% sure that you're an Emotivist type because background feelings/interactions effect you.
    -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Verdigris)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is pure interpretation of something or someone's tangible presence and intangible essence. I find beauty everywhere, even in things that are traditionally considered ugly. It is highly subjective in my opinion, and also changeable. I also find it to be somewhat indefinable.

Love is a mutual feeling of attraction, admiration, respect - but it is also so much more. Again a definition is hard for me because love is something that is felt, not defined. Even with those things I mentioned, there can be a lack of true love if that mystical "spark" is not present.
    What are your most important values?
    This would have been so much easier for me to answer a few years ago, because I have been re-evaluating some of them.

Here is a list off the top of my head: integrity, honesty, authenticity, individuality, personal responsibility, kindness, basically anything I consider to be "good". My values are not very changeable, but I do recognize times I have been rigid about things in the past and am trying to make room for the caveats of humanity in my overall picture of personal morality.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I believe in God, and the traditional teachings of Christianity minus the dogmatism.

I also believe in spirits, ghosts, and any number of supernatural entities. I believe the universe allows for the possibilities of things we do not understand. I also mildly believe in astrology.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Power is evil, and the seeking of power is generally selfish and to further's one's own agenda. Power and money are both things I despise. War is sometimes necessary, but never something that is ideal. Flexing military muscle and posturing is ridiculous in my estimation. Militaries providing aid are alright; but in war time, more often then not they do more harm than good under the commands of a mere man or men. I also dislike the idea of choosing sides or being inherently loyal to any cause without critical evaluation of it first.

To me, true power is nature - electricity, fire, wind, floods, tornados. This is powerful to me, and more awe-inspiring than political squabbles that are capitalized on and used to further an agenda.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    My favorite conversations are usually one on one with someone I trust and usually have a heavy element of fantasy or supernatural bent. I also enjoy discussing spirituality, psychology, literature and art.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Not primarily a topic I am interested in, though it comes up occasionally. I am rarely focused on my body except when I have neglected it, and some sort of discomfort causes me to seek a restoration of balance so that I do not have to remain concerned with it. I am not stereotypically healthy person, my diet is horrendous, but I am very physically healthy in spite of that. I do not smoke, drink or do drugs but not based on reasons of health, more a moral objection and/or dislike of those things (I find alcohol to be very nasty tasting for instance, and I am sensitive to smoke.)

I do struggle with my weight and try to keep it in check, again not necessarily through healthy means though.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Dull but necessary. I hate how redundant they are, but I prefer things to be neat so that I can slack off accordingly without a nagging feeling that I should be doing something more constructive. I inherently like a semblance of order in my house, but more for aesthetic purposes than anything. My husband has had to remind me that our home is not a picture in a magazine but a place we live.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    One of my favorite books is Voices of Chernobyl, it is a collection of personal stories of survivors of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It puts a human face on that event, and is gut wrenching and moving. After reading it, I came to the conclusion that nuclear energy is unethical in my opinion, because the potential for human tragedy is so great in the event of inevitable human error.

Usually though I prefer fantasy and horror novels. I enjoy Dean Koontz and Stephen King. I like the Dexter books. Teen fantasy/romance stuff also appeals to me.

As for films, I like just about anything except excessively long and boring dramas and low-brow comedies. I like dark humor, indie stuff, even blockbusters like the Marvel films. Anything fantastical or imaginative is good, though I also like documentaries as long as they are on topics that I am interested in. I like horror movies, not so much gory ones but ghost stories. One of my favorite films is Girl, Interrupted.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I can cry for absolutely no reason. I cry when I am happy, sad, even angry (which is embarrassing.) But I am pretty subdued when I shed tears and cry silently when I am moved. Very rarely do I have an all out sobfest, which I prefer to do in my own company alone. That usually happens when I have exhausted myself running through the gamut of my feelings in a situation I feel trapped in. Unrestrained crying is a last resort.

My daughter makes me smile. She says things that just catch me off guard and touch me more deeply than most things are able to. I also smile when I am peaceful, enjoying a beautiful sunset or a violent storm. I smile when I feel most alive.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I feel at one with the environment on a grey and soggy day standing on a wind-whipped beach, or on a humid afternoon broken by a sudden rainstorm. I feel I most belong with my husband and daughter, no matter where that may be.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    One of my weaknesses is my tendency to excessively focus on my weaknesses. I am not great at standing up for myself (even though I rant bitterly when alone or with someone I trust.) I tend to downplay my achievements and assume I am not good at anything, even when faced with evidence to the contrary. I do not find myself worth much, nor do I consider myself attractive. And these things keep me from being more at ease in my own skin. Excessive self-doubt.

I dislike that I cannot break out of my self-imposed prison of "me." I would give anything to be unabashed about my passions and rich inner life, but I keep myself locked up and therefore seem boring and trite I think.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People have told me I am hard working and conscientious, I always do my best unless I am emotionally incapable of doing so at the time (I do not do well under stress.) I have a strong desire to do what is right. I also have a very "good eye" when it comes to aesthetics.

I like my ability to be resilient even after I fall down a thousand times. I am not often prone to pity parties (though when I do get caught up in one, it is usually a doozy.) I am loyal and loving and would give my all for the people I care most about in my life.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    My depression and self-doubt, I would like to get rid of that (not chemically, perhaps therapy.) I would also like to become more confident and authoritative when necessary so that I do not have my boundaries violated so often.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. Life feels like a rut. There are details of my life I am more than happy about. But there is enough I wish I could change but can't that has me feeling trapped at times. One of these things is where we live, I hate it here and wish we could leave. My reaction to the realization I am feeling this way is occasional bouts of hopelessness, but they serve as inspiration to drive me to seek a change and actually give me the momentum I wouldn't otherwise have to do things that I want done.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are friendly and outgoing. I love people who are confident in themselves, creatively diverse, I always seem to attract those people who stand out (or do in my mind anyways). Basically I am attracted to people who are what I want to be.

I can get along with most anyone as long as they do not try to force their opinions on me, or make me do things that go against what I wish to do or what I disagree with.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    My husband is amazing. I will not tell our entire story, but we had a very unlikely meeting that led to a whirlwind romance and the details still blow me away. I had very few relationships before I met my husband (we have been married nearly 10 years), and I am convinced there is no one else better suited for me. Romance should never be cliche, it should be sincere and honest and spontaneous. Sex goes hand in hand with that, and should be reserved for someone that connection is shared with.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I have a daughter and I am raising her to be independently minded but respectful and kind. I encourage her individuality and passions, and I am sure I always let her know how loved and important she is to me. I balance that with teaching her it is necessary to be selfless at times, that it makes her better to be her best self. I encourage her wonderful hunger for learning, and try to make sure she has many experiences and opportunities to absorb all she can from the world around us.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inwardly, I may become very defiant - picture a little me inside, vigorously shaking her head. Outwardly I may diplomatically disagree unless the other person is being forceful or rude in their opinions, in which case I will either defend my belief more strongly or let it go if it is not worth a conflict (this is most often what happens.)
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I resent that I am by default considered part of society. I do not and have never really fit in with society. I see myself as separate from it, not necessarily better or worse, but "other." Most commonly held beliefs, trends and fads are not things I agree with. The biggest social problem I currently have an issue with is excessive greed and hedonism. It feels so empty.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I do not choose friends, if a friendship happens, then I roll with it. I never force a relationship as I am content without many friends. I am usually reserved around them until I relax and then can become pretty chatty and animated.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I am polite but straightforward, friendly and do not waste time on small talk.
    Im thinking either EII or IEE. Doesn't seem really Fe to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12