Thread: How Am I Fi?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How Am I Fi?

Just curious. Someone asked me how I "use" Fi in relations once and I couldn't really explain it...

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would have to know how you use it in relations (relationships?) to scribble how you use it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Because you're judgmental about your values, although you do quite well at recognizing that in you and even try to hold that back. You don't need to be like an INFj necessarily, who can seem less judgmental due to the introverted function; extraverts naturally talk more and thus express what's on their mind more so seem more like an Fi than an actual INFj, however that still doesn't mean that you're an introvert first; a judgement of Fi only means that you rationalized a conclusion and you've determined something to be good or bad and hence use that new rationality as an application in matters. Your perceptual nature allows you to recognize the judgement you've made and try to stop yourself and make amends. Well, since you're an Ne base, you're much more concerned about your own experiences in the world first and come across people through expansive activities; in application of Fi to relationships, I think you're capable of holding a relationship and knowing or being able to take care of a person, both physically and mentally, helping them with their thoughts and emotions.

You can do what I do, essentially, but are more outspoken in the process, while I'm a lot quieter and hold a lot of chattiness back due to just being an introvert.

Fi to me is "proper" maintenance of a relationship; taking care of a person's emotional life; you take care of the quiet ISTp by essentially intuitively figuring out what's wrong with them and enjoying them in their happy moments, inspiring them with ideas which you gather through your extraverted and expansive activities. For example, as an Fi, what you did with opening that thread about the 30 day challenge, you essentially said "this is an idea that when used may help you stay mentally sane" but you didn't do it like i just did it which is "hey, this is good, apply it" you did it in your extraverted subtle way which is give them the info and hope they will get the idea.

As a friend Handi, you take care of our relationship and me when I come looking for advice and you're able to filter ideas and thoughts about things. Not all relational care needs to be physical, a lot of it involves reading into a person, their qualities and helping them be grounded and situated with thoughts and ideas.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-08-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbsurdEnough View Post
    You come across as a gentlemen instead of an emotional jackass. You seem considerate of how others feel.
    Are all Fe-valuers emotional jackasses? I'm not sure if that's a good all-encompassing statement.

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbsurdEnough View Post
    Exactly. You just took the bait and used your Fi.

A Beta NF would just say 'Yeah, screw them!' or something or go on a tangent about how they feel. Only a Delta NF would care about how all-encompassing statements and perspectives may be, or how they may be perceived by others. An Alpha NT has no problem making these 'summarized' statements regarding people, which they tend to see more in systems. You used your Fi sensitivity to watch about how 'emotional jackass' may have come across. That's how you are Fi, if that makes sense.
    I get where you are going with this but I would be careful of typing like that. Anyone who values accuracy of statements is going to respond in a similar manner. Though Beta NF's wouldn't typically be of that sort, so.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not