Thread: Sarah Hope Slean

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sarah Hope Slean

Sarah Slean: IEI-Fe (Dominant subtype) [IEI-ESE]

My ex-boyfriend thought she VI’d IEE.

“ . . . Rub their eyes and wake, distracted/Frantically they fill their days/Please say I will never be like that/Safe/Politely dazed/Politely crazy/Don't you want my love?/It's a cloud, it's a broken boat/But it might make you laugh a bit/Easier/I'm like trees in the midnight parks/Oozing danger, igniting sparks/We've been left by the viaducts/With the last flame of the universe/I never held a truer notion/Than when my dear I held your hand/May your shadow always follow you/Through our get-away plan/Our master plan . . . Oh, don't you want my love?/It's a cloud, it's a broken boat/But it might make you laugh a bit easier/I'm like the trees in the midnight parks/Throwing tantrums, igniting sparks/We've been left by the viaducts/With the last flame of the universe”

“Notes from the underground/We’re the mice who must write our lives down/In the night, I hear you calling out to say/It's all right, love, you're in good hands/Tears on a borrowed bed/Between walls that are painted somebody else's red/If you hear me cry out, calling out to say/It's all right love, you're in good hands/Still out on the roof/Howling at the moon/Exile/Another exile in the kingdom/Still out on the roof/All I need is you/Exile/Oh, we are exiles/We two // Love with the love they hide/Dream with the dream they cast aside/Oh the truth will form and fall apart again/It's all right love, you're in good hands . . . They don't trust the likes of you and I/They kick our verses aside/But we know the road is wide/That's why/Still out on the roof/Howling at the moon/Exile/Another exile in the kingdom/Still out on the roof/I'm a dreamer too/Exile/We are exiles/We two”

‘Here comes again/Blood in the vein/Seven a.m., the cars come/Gotta fly, gotta say goodbye/Leave them before they leave me . . . Me, I'm a thief/I'm a falling star/I'm a photograph taken from where you are // I love you still, always will/Here's hoping you'll be waiting, but I/Gotta fly, gotta say good bye/Gotta find out what's aching . . . So shed your tears/That's what they're for / I don't expect you to understand this war / I go quietly ("And, oh, they beg me to steal")/No, you don't get me ("There's nothing, nothing to feel")/No, you don't get me/("And, oh, they beg me to steal") . . . I don’t expect you to understand this war . . .’

‘Science wears a new suit/To his coffee toast and eggs/But he has to skip the stairs now ‘cause of two broken legs/Whine whine I cannot climb/Every time's the same/I'd be more inclined to help him if he could remember my name / And you’re sad, and you’re sorry / Let it all out / What are you running for? / This is your chance, be ready / I'm taking my seat / Oh, lucky me // Faith can't fill the dance hall/'Cause her powers have declined/But at the beauty pageant she will always take the prize/Light light Easter white/Roll her in the dirt/When it comes time for kneeling/She'll say "You go first” / And you’re sad, and you’re sorry / Let it all out / What are you running for? / This is your chance, be ready / I'm taking my seat / Oh, lucky me . . . A wise man once tried to tell me how to sugarcoat the grave / But the game is for the adults /And I don't know how to play / Oh, where will I go? / Toss me out to sea / When the jar's all out of candy don't come blaming me . . . Oh, you're sad and you're sorry / Let it all out / What are you running for? / Tell the whole world / We’re waiting / I'm taking my seat / Oh, lucky me . . .’

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tn3X98c32M

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/73345/

- Sarah Slean: ‘With “I Know” it was just the sort of thing where you read the paper and you read about how many men are hurting other women, and I mean women are very violent too, and I know women are criminals too, but you hear about how violent things can get in a society and how sexually violent they can get. I remember a time when I went to three movies in one week and each

one had a rape scene in it and I was like why do people want to see this? Why are we attracted to

this sort of hideous violence?

The line in this song “Where were you last night” is like, where does that come in to having hope when you see all this sort of stuff around you and you read details of it in the paper. How can you have hope when you see stuff like that? How can you trust other people? How can you begin to have a relationship with a man if you see this around you all the time? It’s like, “I know what you want” Sometimes you start to feel like that.’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW8uLnji8ak

Sarah Slean: “ . . . Joseph Campbell is one of my favourite writers, and he always says, you know, ‘follow your bliss’. It’s almost like your conscious mind is always two steps behind the universal or ancient part of you that already knows what’s up, and already knows all the magical ingredients in you that want to be expressed . . .”

Last edited by HERO; 06-22-2013 at 09:43 AM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Probably Fe-INFp imo.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks beta NF to me.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I put this battle in a box/With my military thoughts / And the days where I was almost at my end / Seems to me quite clear now/Now that you are here how easily I could begin again / (But) I'm still bloody from last year's war/With liars and lovers untrue / And hey you with your stars out / I have no angry words for you // You didn't have my heart yet / But you stopped before we started / So now you tell me what you want me to do / I can start believing / I can watch you sleeping / But I can't hold my breath 'til she comes back for you / ‘Cause I'm still bloody from last year's war / But no longer drowning in the flood / Hey you with your stars out / You've kissed again, don't you see you've already won? // You're still bloody from last year's war / Your bandages, your bullet holes like mine / And I'm here with my stars out / You say you're scared, well so am I . . . .”

“A little blood and vomit on the car seat / And a tooth is sitting in my lap / Brother, if you're hungry but not wounded/Then it's time to stop and check the map / Pilgrim, where's your head at? / Are you paying the birds to sing? / Well it won't work/On the true path/Where the wretched are growing wings / And if the ancient wisdom came in bottles, I would tell my terror where to go / But I don't know who would do the dishes/‘Cause I'd be lying wasted in the road . . . . Come meet me on the true path / I'll be dizzy from growing wings // My tears / My tears / My kicking up the love dirt / I fear it's the only way / Pilgrim, whatcha lookin' at me for? / My disaster has come and gone / It left me by the roadside/With my shadow and one more song . . . .”

“She's looking up and out to a galaxy / A fateful . . . trip 'cross a northern sea . . . . Oh, I've got all the courage I'll ever need / I wax poetic on my enemies / The century is raging, but so are we / No matter what I know I've got a symphony called Mary / Go ahead and have your little baby / Mary: toughest of the tough, but still a lady // Out of dark days / Stay up airplane / [my maternal grandfather:] Take my last name [You’ll give me your father’s last name] and / Stay up airplane . . . .”

Here's something I wrote recently:

"Let’s stop minimizing the role that early experiences play in creating damaged individuals. Making corporal punishment illegal and improving child-rearing are important steps toward achieving a more peaceful, egalitarian, and empathetic world. Why should we condition boys to hide their emotions, be ‘tough’, and later on to increasingly fear and shun male intimacy, affection, or friendship, while at the same time expecting them to tolerate hypocrisy, neglect, and physical punishment?

Parenting centres and professionals that are able to teach parents to raise their children without resorting to (physical) abuse (or even ‘mere’ spanking, slapping, or hitting) would be invaluable."
    Last edited by HERO; 06-20-2018 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sarah Slean: EIE-Fe (Creative subtype) [EIE-Ne]; or IEE?

Come with us, if you will, way back into Orwell novels...or way forward. / Armies and ice and dirty green / Newspapers, shovels, sand on the breeze / I think of Eliot when I smell the street / And it's sometimes wise just to shut your eyes / Workers and lovers make their living space neat / Bent out of shape over what to eat / And I dream of Eliot, but I am discreet / 'Cause it's sometimes wise / Just to shut your eyes / How sure, how right? / Can anyone be on sight? / I said I had hope -- I lied / The city in winter / The sewage, the steam / You fill buildings with people / And they rip at the seams / And somebody's suffering infected my dreams and / Don't they know / It's just my old soul? / How sure, how right / Can anyone be on sight? / I said I had hope -- I lied / Oh, so calm, so wise / Give him the Nobel prize / He said he had hope / Well, he lied

. . . be not afraid of the wounded one who comes with poems / and to drink from the fountain of the little you know about love and God and letting go, but oh, he’s been to the shadowlands . . .

You are what they call the human season / You are all the alphabet in one / You are every colour of confusion / You are all the silence I've become // Love me for stupid reasons / I like those most / Wide-eyed but worth believing / God knows // Damn the angry voice that keeps us quiet . . . [We have] such an awful lot of soldiers / Quite a lovely army all [our] own / Night and day they stand before the fortress / Very safe but very all alone . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCxZVKEC3kc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxiIXC9t7p4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsvvm5ItEHI

SARAH SLEAN Screen_shot_2011-01-19_at_10.06.05_AM.png

IEE IX.jpg
    Last edited by HERO; 06-22-2018 at 03:04 AM.