Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is incompetent and irresponsible a SEE/ESFp trait?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eliza, you sound kind of a demanding and controlling employer...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Eliza, you're whiny and you are over complicating this situation. Blaming a virus on this woman is absolutely absurd. Certainly you must see that.

Do you have *any* idea how difficult it is to find someone compassionate at providing in home care? What you have is a slightly blundering employee who has good intentions and simply needs better direction. What you could have is a person who is pysically and intellectually abusive to your mother; or a person who expolits your/her situation for financial gain.

Have you even asked your mother (assuming she's cognisant enough) how she feels about having her caregiver replaced? This woman is employed -- after all -- primarily to help your mother. It seems incredibly extreme to fire her because she failed to complete a few laundry cycles and because she's accident prone when it comes to HOUSEKERPING, which is NOT her job. If you want a maid hire one. You hired this woman to take care of your mother.

Also: the way you're looking down on this woman because of her circumstances is utterly nauseating. Some Christian.
    I agree that she's a bit whiny nevertheless I think that's important to get along with an employee when you work with him so close. Not going along can be a reason to fire this person just because it doesn't fit even when you made bigger mistakes during the hiring phase even when you are the problem and not the other person.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs have a chronic inability to be straightforward, often overstating what they feel or want or understating what they feel or want. Either way being delta NF it'll be everyone else fault. I've yet to meet a direct and methodical IEE in the flesh.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    IEEs have a chronic inability to be straightforward, often overstating what they feel or want or understating what they feel or want. Either way being delta NF it'll be everyone else fault. I've yet to meet a direct and methodical IEE in the flesh.
    My best friend is IEE i don't think creative Fi ist not able to decide what it wants or feels. The opposite is true he is very good at letting people get as close to him as he wants while having a lot of acquaintances. He also knows when he wants to get out of a relationship and is able to give clear good advice in relationship matters. He is not methodical at all though.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    My best friend is IEE i don't think creative Fi ist not able to decide what it wants or feels. The opposite is true he is very good at letting people get as close to him as he wants while having a lot of acquaintances. He also knows when he wants to get out of a relationship and is able to give clear good advice in relationship matters. He is not methodical at all though.
    He didn't say IEEs don't know what they want or feel; rather, in his experience, they don't communicate those wants or feelings very well. (If I've misinterpreted him, he's free to correct me.)
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    He didn't say IEEs don't know what they want or feel; rather, in his experience, they don't communicate those wants or feelings very well. (If I've misinterpreted him, he's free to correct me.)
    often overstating what they feel + or want or understating what they feel or want = ???

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

often overstating what they feel + or want or understating what they feel or want = ???
    Yes. The problem is in communication, not self-awareness.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. The problem is in communication, not self-awareness.
    Yes. And InvisibleJ wrote they overstate or undestate there wants and feelings. I think thats at first an internal process before you communicate it. He didnt wrote eventhough they know what they feel or want they are not able to communicate it properly. It's also ridiculous that he marked your post as constructive just because you took his side.

I also made the experiance that they can communicate it not worse than others maybe not so good in a business situation

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. And InvisibleJ wrote they overstate or undestate there wants and feelings.
    In other words, when voicing a want/feeling, they either say too little about it/don't emphasize it enough, or they say way too much about it/emphasize it more than necessary.

I think thats at first an internal process before you communicate it.
    That doesn't contradict anything I've said here.

He didnt wrote eventhough they know what they feel or want they are not able to communicate it properly.
    I don't see why he should have had to include that disclaimer. If he meant that they don't know what they want or feel, that's probably what he would have said, and you seem to be the only person who's misunderstanding his statement. (If anyone else has, they certainly haven't spoken up.)

It's also ridiculous that he marked your post as constructive just because you took his side.
    Or perhaps he found my post to clarify or reiterate his original thought in a way he approved of. I found it nice that he did that, as it showed me that I did not misunderstand his message.

I also made the experiance that they can communicate it not worse than others maybe not so good in a business situation.
    OK. You have your viewpoint, and he has his. Whether he wishes to engage you on that is totally up to him, but it'd help if you first understood what you're objecting to.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 06-09-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. You have your viewpoint, and he has his. Whether he wishes to engage you on that is totally up to him, but it'd help if you first understood what you're objecting to.
    of course

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    First of all she wasn't hiring this woman to be an in home care taker but a general worker, like a handi-person is a general worker and not a plumber or any specific crafts person..
    Yes, sort of, I guess I should explain and I will on another post.

Second, stress can reduce a person's immune response to external pathogens and yes she can get a cold and even viruses if her immunity is compromised..
    exactly. I didn't explain it because I though it was obvious. Yes. I believe prolonged stress compromised my immune system. I am probably guilty of not acting sooner on this caregiver situation. I give the benefit of the doubt for too long, and I give lots and lots of leeway when mistakes are made (many previous things had happened before this; I mentioned some) and I make up excuses for people in my mind rather than confront them. I guess I give people a chance to self-correct. But I she probably took it as "she doesn't care so I will keep being careless".

Third of all, calling someone whinny because that's how you perceive them doesn't make them whiny, it makes you inability to see individuals.
    Good point. And I wasn't whining. I was venting about a problem. Don't we all run into problems sometimes?
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 06-10-2013 at 04:08 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Third of all, calling someone whinny because that's how you perceive them doesn't make them whiny, it makes you inability to see individuals.

Good point. And I wasn't whining. I was venting about a problem. Don't we all run into problems sometimes?;l
    Oh, she runs into plenty of problems, her problems are people saying things about her she doesn't like, then she uses those things and repeats them incessantly and when she does, she doesn't want that to be seen as either whining or venting.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have *any* idea how difficult it is to find someone compassionate at providing in home care? What you have is a slightly blundering employee who has good intentions and simply needs better direction. What you could have is a person who is physically and intellectually abusive to your mother; or a person who expolits your/her situation for financial gain.
    Wow, I wonder why you feel a need to be so defensive of her. I wonder why you jump to such rash judgment about me. Is jumping to rash judgement just your normal way? I don't know. Just asking.

Or do you have personal employee/employer issues and you are projecting them onto me? Think about it.

Or are you a SEE and this hits too close to home?

Rash accusing rants do get the most enthusiastic attention on this forum. Look, you got the most "likes!" on this thread! If you crave attention, just make a cutting comment to another poster at 16types.info and you are ensured a barrage of "likes!".

Shayley, Kill4Me, Aquagraph, Deestructor, woofwoofl were all enarmoured with your rants. The only more popular post on this thread was your other (misinformed) judgement:

...Your problem seems to be primarily with the laundry.
    Here is the solution: wash your own damn laundry. Seriously, tell her not to do it. Problem solved..
    Nomenclature, Ath, Narc, FDG, Aiss, Ryene Astraelis, the16types, lungs, Raver, dolphin, InvisibleJim, woofwoofl liked this post!

I suspect you are more interested in "likes" than any actual answers to your questions. However in the unlikely case you are, here are some answers:

You assume she is a compassionate caregiver. She is not.

"Light Housework" is always an expectation of caregivers. I have only asked her to load the dishwasher and not leave the day's dishes all over the counter for me to take care of before I can start dinner when I get home. I never asked her to do laundry; she likes doing laundry and picked that all on her own as her way to contribute something amid the daily phone and movie marathons. She started doing extra housework only this week after I asked her if she wanted to do one thing daily of her choice for $5 extra per day. She did. I gave her a long list of options and said pick one thing,whatever you want, each day.

...Also: the way you're looking down on this woman because of her circumstances is utterly nauseating.
    The nausea is from whatever is swirling around in your head.

...Some Christian.
    Where in the world did I say I was a Christian? Your prejudices are showing. Stick to the topic.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Wow, I wonder why you feel a need to be so defensive of her. I wonder why you jump to such rash judgment about me. Is jumping to rash judgement just your normal way? I don't know. Just asking.

Or do you have personal employee/employer issues and you are projecting them onto me? Think about it.

Or are you a SEE and this hits too close to home?

Rash accusing rants do get the most enthusiastic attention on this forum. Look, you got the most "likes!" on this thread! If you crave attention, just make a cutting comment to another poster at 16types.info and you are ensured a barrage of "likes!".

Shayley, Kill4Me, Aquagraph, Deestructor, woofwoofl were all enarmoured with your rants. The only more popular post on this thread was your other (misinformed) judgement:

Nomenclature, Ath, Narc, FDG, Aiss, Ryene Astraelis, the16types, lungs, Raver, dolphin, InvisibleJim, woofwoofl liked this post!

I suspect you are more interested in "likes" than any actual answers to your questions. However in the unlikely case you are, here are some answers:

You assume she is a compassionate caregiver. She is not.

"Light Housework" is always an expectation of caregivers. I have only asked her to load the dishwasher and not leave the day's dishes all over the counter for me to take care of before I can start dinner when I get home. I never asked her to do laundry; she likes doing laundry and picked that all on her own as her way to contribute something amid the daily phone and movie marathons. She started doing extra housework only this week after I asked her if she wanted to do one thing daily of her choice for $5 extra per day. She did. I gave her a long list of options and said pick one thing,whatever you want, each day.

The nausea is from whatever is swirling around in your head.

Where in the world did I say I was a Christian? Your prejudices are showing. Stick to the topic.
    Those are things she remembers about you that she's willing to throw at your face to get an emotional reaction out of you, that's the only way she can read who you are. Discontinue engaging LOL

*whispers to you* She's an IEI type
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those are things she remembers about you that she's willing to throw at your face to get an emotional reaction out of you, that's the only way she can read who you are. Discontinue engaging LOL
    Oh my gosh I should be real good at that. Its what we do with my behaviorally-challenged autistic student. "Discontinue engaging" is our most powerful redirection technique. I have to actively look over his head or behind his ear to avoid [the reward of] eye-contact when he is shrieking.

*whispers to you* She's an IEI type
    Hmm. Shh. I will have to read up on my possible future daughter-in-law...Not terribly impressed right now** but I most of all I want my son to be happy...(IEI is SLE Dual.)

**Oh! Fe.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though I think it was most wrong of you to point out those who have pressed the like or constructive button for Scapegrace's posts in this thread to attempt to shame them or something...
    ...I would like it noted Eliza that I clicked 'constructive' for Scapegrace's post not 'like' as I thought her view held some constructive points which were worth consideration particularly her question of have you asked your mother how she feels about having her caregiver replaced.
    Last edited by Hays; 06-10-2013 at 05:39 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, why the hell are you wasting so much time thinking about this crap. Build up some courage and just fire her, problem solved.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Honestly, why the hell are you wasting so much time thinking about this crap. Build up some courage and just fire her, problem solved.
    Come along now, people should show discretion and consideration when they are in a position of authority over someone, the caregiver may have a family and kids to feed. Show some compassion, have some heart.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Come along now, people should show discretion and consideration when they are in a position of authority over someone, the caregiver may have a family and kids to feed. Show some compassion, have some heart.
    OMG...did you just grow a heart?

That's my favorite word next to love.
    -

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'll go for 100 Ave Maria tonight!

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason The hell, woman? Some people happened to like or agree with what Scapegrace said. It happens. The only one making a big deal out of it is you.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

any time people happen to agree with each other here its because they're cronies who only care about internet popularity. thats a really common outcry.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    any time people happen to agree with each other here its because they're cronies who only care about internet popularity. thats a really common outcry.
    It's a seriously butthurt outcry. >.>
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thought reading this was exactly what a bunch of other people already said. Fire her. If you're not happy with an employee - you fire them. Find someone better.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering the amount of time a fair number of the members spend here rubbing butts and nutts together and high fiving one another it's a valid observation.

That's why I like Park; he has a low incestuousity quotient.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

tell your friend aestrivex that.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell your friend aestrivex that.
    I don't recall any instances of him whining about it.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Considering the amount of time a fair number of the members spend here rubbing butts and nutts together and high fiving one another it's a valid observation.

That's why I like Park; he has a low incestuousity quotient.
    i don't dislike you jim even though it probably seems like i do, but have you ever considered maybe theres a reason people don't wanna rub your butt?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe Scapegrace's observation just made sense?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't dislike you jim even though it probably seems like i do, but have you ever considered maybe theres a reason people don't wanna rub your butt?
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Or maybe Scapegrace's observation just made sense?
    I agreed with Scapegrace's comment, but the point stands. *Hat tip*

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I agreed with Scapegrace's comment, but the point stands. *Hat tip*
    its something i get accused of a lot. and when i've voiced a few pretty unpopular opinions and had plenty of arguments regarding theory with the people whos asses i supposedly kiss but then my opinion is automatically brushed off because i happen to agree sometimes its pretty frustrating. its an easy and convenient dismissal and it often just screams of.. well, butthurt.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its something i get accused of a lot. and when i've voiced a few pretty unpopular opinions and had plenty of arguments regarding theory with the people whos asses i supposedly kiss but then my opinion is automatically brushed off because i happen to agree sometimes its pretty frustrating. its an easy and convenient dismissal and it often just screams of.. well, butthurt.
    I don't understand: does the outcome not agree with what you hope it would?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't understand: does the outcome not agree with what you hope it would?
    what is the outcome?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the outcome?
    Apparently it's unsatisfactory to you, but its all a matter of perception.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wait until lungs reads my masterpiece thread I always forget to create, Jim. Total mind blown...

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh my gosh I should be real good at that. Its what we do with my behaviorally-challenged autistic student. "Discontinue engaging" is our most powerful redirection technique. I have to actively look over his head or behind his ear to avoid [the reward of] eye-contact when he is shrieking.
    You bitch.

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just have sex with her. Problem solved.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

eliza and the word 'sex' don't go together.

so what happened did the latino get fired

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    so what happened did the latino get fired
    Assumptions! No, her ancestry appears to be the usual American mix. Looks German, has an Italian last name. [acts Canadian, my son says...].

She's not fired yet but just got confirmation of a replacement who can start next week! I am so glad. Now I need a couple of days to find out how to let her know nicely. She is in complete denial she could have POSSIBLY had ANYTHING to do at ALL with the broken screens. OR the FIVE mini-blinds that custom fit the unusually-sized extra-long windows we have -- I didn't mention those here and how now I have large rectangular black holes staring at me at night now. Yes, two mini-blinds broken and removed from past times she stayed with my Mom while I went to SLI's (in next state), and three more the same day she ruined the screens. Nothing. They were "deteriorated!" "Old!" "Already broken." "15 years old is old!" (age of this house...) I guess 15-years-old things are supposed to spontaneously fall apart all by by their little lonesome....

So I don't see the point in insisting she sees reality. She lives outside of reality in so many other ways, too, so I don't see the point in making her see. My INFJ friend thinks I should make it clear to her she is not fooling me. But I just want to be briefly honest with why I am letting her go (so many reasons - the breaking stuff and not feeling a bit of responsibility, making me have to bear all the consequences every time, and I need a caregiver who actually likes Mom or at least feels a calling to be kind and helpful to old persons) and yet not burn any bridges.... I will certainly emphasize that her showing up on time consistently has been a great benefit to me and that I very much feel appreciative of that....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast