Thread: level of gullibility & valued IEs

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default level of gullibility & valued IEs

ive seen this issue brought up plenty of times here by various people in various places but it's something i'm curious about so it would be nice to have some opinions in one place.

are people more receptive to falling for bullshit from others in their quadra, or are they more likely to see through their crap?

what about duals & activity partners versus identicals & mirrors?
    (i would think they'd be more gullible towards the former since they're weak in their strong functions.)

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dunno lungs, i've been manipulated by F types from various quadras (imo), only to say nothing and when they confide in me they tell me about other people they manipulate. Seems to apply to any quadra.

Can't think of any T examples off my head, but they probably exist. Oh wait, this INTj person, but he explained himself later.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

eh this thread wasn't really meant to be about people who are chronic liars or something.

more like.. i read this one description a long time ago (i wouldn't even know where to begin finding it again) that talked about how Fi base types are gullible when it comes to "factual Te" type information or something. and less likely to question facts. which might be a bullshit description of Te (facts blah) but you get the drift hopefully.

so i'm talking about just everyday sort of interaction and what people are receptive to?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I was sometimes pretty gullible as a kid, and my brother had a lot of fun with that. I think he's either LII or LSI.

Nowadays, I'm more in the loop and it's much harder for people to slip things past me. I suppose a kind of hypervigilance started to develop after all the tricks I had played on me by my brother.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well i'unno but... The most gullible person I know was an IEI friend (in her mid to late teens). She believed for a whole year that unicorns really exist because someone told her so. I think some rather cruel people made other stuff like that up too but don't remember specifics. Sometimes I think she didn't get when people were joking or question bias, and she wanted to believe. She eventually began to filter information she took on board, which helped her life a lot.

I have an IEE friend with a soft spot for medical pseudoscience and conspiracy theories. He has the tendency to regurgitate crazy theories as objective fact (yes I am aware of the inherent hypocrisy within this sentence) and stockpile tins of spam in case we're thrust into the NWO. Because spam will save us. Bless.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never been gullible, and I've doubted everyone since I can remember. Not to say I will say what I think concerning it, but sometimes I do.
    I do think one's susceptibility to gullibility is type-related to a degree, although I don't think it's relations-related as much. A doubter is a doubter is a doubter.... although I am more willing to accept some people's bullshit and look over it than I am others. Depends on how valuable I think they are to me otherwise and/or whether their bullshit is causing me problems or not.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You see through *both* what your identical and opposing quadra are up to. You are more gullible to tactics used by the kiddie corner quadras. (beta-gamma, alpha-delta etc.) I think in particular, the semi-dual's chance of manipulating you is very high, because the emotional comfort is almost always pretty good.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really gullible.
    I tend to assume people will be forthright with me, like @William said too, until they give me a reason to believe they would trick me.
    And even then, I seem to never learn. I dunno why.
    I don't try to trick people unless I'm obviously (and I mean very obviously) joking/being sarcastic.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.