TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Irrelevant.

Analgesics and fighting off a potentially deadly withdrawal symptoms sound like moderate actions.

There's no need to bring out anecdotal evidence that people can be miserable fuck-ups.

Why?
    Okay, your words were these people I have met are miserable fuck-ups. I certainly would not describe them as fuck-ups. All I stated was that I have treated these people in person, and have seen the destructive consequences of drugs first hand so my anecdotes are entirelly relevant as to why I choose no for drugs. Other people can do as they wish.

Fighting off withdrawal symptoms is an incredibly serious affair that should be handled by trained personal, which I have not been, so I will not comment on the effectiveness of using herione to effectivly withdrawal from drugs. In my experince, I am talking about the vast amounts of drug users who are using these drugs, hard drugs, that can so effeciently fuck up someones life, even in moderatioj, that the person the user was before becomes unreconizble to the person a user becomes. I have seen what people can become. It is sad beyond description. Especially since these peoples problems are so momumental and mutlfaceted that they would most likely never be able to pull themselves out by themselves. They would require proffesional help.

I do not need to state the scientific evidence against drug use because for me, I know the negative consequences. Look up rat and marijauna studies in the brains of developing children. Or how rats will killthemsleves for one more hit of heroine or meth or crack. Or the huge body of evidence of the negative ects of alcohol both physiologically and psycologically, not to mention in the lives of those around the user (children, dependants, family, jobs).

The time you arrive on a snow covered highway and hold c-spine on a 12 year old while his mother is screaming and crying in your ear and the drunk driver who caused the accident is sobbing in the other ambulance, is the time you may personally decide alcohol is not for you. Even the next morning when your body is so hungover you can barely move is enough for me to not drink much.

You want to cop a buzz go right ahead. It is your life and I think my saying this is very relevent for me, I don't care what you choice to do as loing as you are not hurting anyone else, and from my experience, drugs do hurt other people. I am not talking about cold statistics( yes those have their place, perhaps froma public health stand point) I am talking about the on the ground nitty gritty. You wanted to know why I choose to have a cleaer mind and body free of intoxicants? Well there's my answer, take it or leave it.
    Four words: Requiem for a Dream

Having said all this, I think that the issue of drugs should be a health problem and not a criminal one. Our society"s methods of treating addicts by making them criminals is messed up.

You should hear what I think about sugar and corn syrup.

In my original post I did say drugs can lead to personal revelations, but maybe you did not read that bit. They also have destructive consequences. Not to mention the rediculas cost. They cost way to much money for a few hours of mind fucking.

And last time I checked this is a socionics forum so if I want to mention types or IE or functions then I will, they are relevant in this place. Si mobolizing should cover this.

What about you, you like drugs?
    Last edited by wacey; 02-12-2013 at 02:44 AM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wacey View Post
    Okay, your words were these people I have met are miserable fuck-ups. I certainly would not describe them as fuck-ups. All I stated was that I have treated these people in person, and have seen the destructive consequences of drugs first hand so my anecdotes are entirelly relevant as to why I choose no for drugs.
    The time you arrive on a snow covered highway and hold c-spine on a 12 year old while his mother is screaming and crying in your ear and the drunk driver who caused the accident is sobbing in the other ambulance, is the time you may personally decide alcohol is not for you. Even the next morning when your body is so hungover you can barely move is enough for me to not drink much.
    Verify, correct or deny the following statement: Your personal experience has led you to believe that you doing any kind of drugs under any kind of circumstances would be something that you would most likely estimate to be always having a higher potential for harm than benefit.
    [...]from my experience, drugs do hurt other people.
    From my experience, almost everything has the potential to hurt other people.
    Having said all this, I think that the issue of drugs should be a health problem and not a criminal one. Our society"s methods of treating addicts by making them criminals is messed up.
    Agreed.
    Almost all of them are practical, entertaining, healthy or/and personally revealing under right circumstances. Very few of them seem so destructive that I wouldn't use them. I have also tried IV once just to know how it feels like.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Verify, correct or deny the following statement: Your personal experience has led you to believe that you doing any kind of drugs under any kind of circumstances would be something that you would most likely estimate to be always having a higher potential for harm than benefit.
    From my experience, almost everything has the potential to hurt other people.
    Agreed.
    Almost all of them are practical, entertaining, healthy or/and personally revealing under right circumstances. Very few of them seem so destructive that I wouldn't use them. I have also tried IV once just to know how it feels like.
    I already found freedom. Nothing, not even drugs will take that away. Infact, drugs are not needed what-so-ever for me. I never stated I was for them, nor against them. I am beyond them. I actually have no idea how to describe this for you. You and I seem to be on very different pages on this issue, and that's fine.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that my questions were simple and clear. Pity that you gave up on trying to convey your thoughts.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that's why I gave up?

Maybe I have said all I wanted to say.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, that's why I gave up?
    I didn't claim any theories for that.
    Maybe I have said all I wanted to say.
    Yes. Very touching.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, you don't need to be sarcastic man, maybe I'm tired and my decision has nothing to do with you. And yeah, you kinda did.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

being drunk is good if you are naturally anxious and overthink everything. i remember being drunk one time and wanting to just do more shit, not anything dangerous but just simple things like play out in the yard, go on the swing set, talk to people easier. Alcohol in moderation is wonderful, it's like ... self-confidence in a bottle. Like anything good you can abuse it, become so self-confident that you turn reckless.

But I need alcohol just to deal with most people and their BS. I'm a sensitive guy okay. The booze makes dealing with all of you people twenty times easier.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like alcohol... 30 min of social high, then you comedown like if you are on som solvant.... THC is better, even if there is always the problem that high dose are too much physically oriented, spirit things can't take place appart the last 20 min
    im currentky high as fuck with good tek music in ear
    peace
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DRUGS

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

myself yesterday on methoxetamine :

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Overrated drug : alcohol. 30/40 min of social high and crash. Not better than a solvant.
    - Underrated drug : cannabis. Used alone, lying in the dark with a slight music, 1:10h of introspection.
    - Annoying drug : tobacco. I want to stop it !!
    - I forgot it's a drug : coffee. a little coffee? normal stuff.
    - First class drug : Tea. Do you Sir want a cup of tea ?
    - performance drug : cocaine. Shit I need to do an addition... *snort a line*
    - drug for realz : MXE. WHAT the FUCK ???? WHERE AM I ???? DID I TAKE SOMETHING TONIGHT ??? DO TIME EXIST ?? IS THIS REALITY ??
    - chatting drug : 3-MMC and various methcathinone. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla yes yes ok ok sure bla bla bla...
    Last edited by noid; 03-23-2013 at 03:54 PM.

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpsy Knievel View Post

While it's possible to have a profound experience while under datura's effect (though I didn't, and actually created a bunch of mischief and hard feelings with my antics) I wouldn't classify it as a particularly fun drug, especially since it's difficult to remember what happened after its effects finally pass.
    I am not sure of how you can get a profound/introspective experience with datura ? each time I hear about it, it's all about massive confusion (sharing weed joint with a tree, smoking non existent cigarettes, speaking with imaginary ppl, going to your neighbors 4am asking if you can borrow them a wall...)... I never heard about something mystic like you can get on LSD, datura seem more about delirium and complete integration in the trip.
    I never took it though, it's too hard for myself, and I fear about the lethal dosage stuff, doing too much dumb shit and waking up at the hospital...

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kratom : quite great stuff, but from current place I source it I need 15 - 20 g for an acceptable high. So quite expensive.
    Last edited by noid; 06-11-2013 at 10:40 PM.

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Socionics: worse drug ever.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Putain j'suis perché...

eng translation :

- Oh shit I'm wasted
    - Fuck I'm high

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay, your words were these people I have met are miserable fuck-ups. I certainly would not describe them as fuck-ups. All I stated was that I have treated these people in person, and have seen the destructive consequences of drugs first hand so my anecdotes are entirelly relevant as to why I choose no for drugs. Other people can do as they wish.

Fighting off withdrawal symptoms is an incredibly serious affair that should be handled by trained personal, which I have not been, so I will not comment on the effectiveness of using herione to effectivly withdrawal from drugs. In my experince, I am talking about the vast amounts of drug users who are using these drugs, hard drugs, that can so effeciently fuck up someones life, even in moderatioj, that the person the user was before becomes unreconizble to the person a user becomes. I have seen what people can become. It is sad beyond description. Especially since these peoples problems are so momumental and mutlfaceted that they would most likely never be able to pull themselves out by themselves. They would require proffesional help.

I do not need to state the scientific evidence against drug use because for me, I know the negative consequences. Look up rat and marijauna studies in the brains of developing children. Or how rats will killthemsleves for one more hit of heroine or meth or crack. Or the huge body of evidence of the negative ects of alcohol both physiologically and psycologically, not to mention in the lives of those around the user (children, dependants, family, jobs).

You want to cop a buzz go right ahead. It is your life and I think my saying this is very relevent for me, I don't care what you choice to do as loing as you are not hurting anyone else, and from my experience, drugs do hurt other people. I am not talking about cold statistics( yes those have their place, perhaps froma public health stand point) I am talking about the on the ground nitty gritty. You wanted to know why I choose to have a cleaer mind and body free of intoxicants? Well there's my answer, take it or leave it.

In my original post I did say drugs can lead to personal revelations, but maybe you did not read that bit. They also have destructive consequences. Not to mention the rediculas cost. They cost way to much money for a few hours of mind fucking.

And last time I checked this is a socionics forum so if I want to mention types or IE or functions then I will, they are relevant in this place. Si mobolizing should cover this.

relax...you're not in trouble.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    - Overrated drug : alcohol. 30/40 min of social high and crash. Not better than a solvant.
    - Underrated drug : cannabis. Used alone, lying in the dark with a slight music, 1:10h of introspection.
    - Annoying drug : tobacco. I want to stop it !!
    - I forgot it's a drug : coffee. a little coffee? normal stuff.
    - First class drug : Tea. Do you Sir want a cup of tea ?
    - performance drug : cocaine. Shit I need to do an addition... *snort a line*
    - drug for realz : MXE. WHAT the FUCK ???? WHERE AM I ???? DID I TAKE SOMETHING TONIGHT ??? DO TIME EXIST ?? IS THIS REALITY ??
    - chatting drug : 3-MMC and various methcathinone. bla bla bla bla bla bla bla yes yes ok ok sure bla bla bla...
    1. It's all about the crash,
    2. Doesn't really work on me,
    3. I can,
    4. Don't drink it,
    5. Don't drink it,
    6. I'm performance already,
    7. LUL,
    8. Blahblah.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    relax...you're not in trouble.
    Okay?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a case against drugs - something *might* happen is really weak, something *might* happen from a lot of things.

1 in 3 adults in the UK have tried drugs such as coke, cannabis or ecstacy. Similarly majority of people will have alcohol at least once a month

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    As a case against drugs - something *might* happen is really weak, something *might* happen from a lot of things.

1 in 3 adults in the UK have tried drugs such as coke, cannabis or ecstacy. Similarly majority of people will have alcohol at least once a month
    I'm not sure you were reading my point entirelly somewhere in a previous comment or subsequent comment to the one you are quoting. I was saying why I don't do drugs. The rest of the world can do what it wants, it does anyway.

I also never said anything about trying/experimenting with drugs once, which in my view was different from what aquagraph seemed to be talking about, wherein drug use is a recreation and is done on a regular basis.

Also, at the time of that post I must have been feeling pretty anti drug. There is a dark side to drug use and unfortunatly I have seen it. (And I live in british columbia and maybe if you haven't heard, weed is where in the province, and is estimated to be the second largest industry here, making billions of dollars for our economy). But weed rotts your brain.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to add that *maybe* something might happen was not what I was arguing. Something *did* happen when the driver of the call I responded to crashed into another vehicle when he had a blood alcohol level of .88 according to the police test. Something *does* happen when meth consumes a young womens life as she suffers the indignity of sleeping in a garbage bin after several days of copping that buzz and we have to give her fluids introveneously but cannot find a viable vein because all of hers are covered in tracks.

Use drugs its your choice.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I want to add that *maybe* something might happen was not what I was arguing. Something *did* happen when the driver of the call I responded to crashed into another vehicle when he had a blood alcohol level of .88 according to the police test. Something *does* happen when meth consumes a young womens life as she suffers the indignity of sleeping in a garbage bin after several days of copping that buzz and we have to give her fluids introveneously but cannot find a viable vein because all of hers are covered in tracks.

Use drugs its your choice.
    It was the post I responded to. Still as case for yourself it is also weak, do you not cross the road because you seen someone run down? I mean if you don't want to do them that's fine, I don't see what's so hard to understand that your argument is pretty slim pickings, is all.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, one last thing: drug use to heal the psyche, or to expand your conciousness, or to reach personal revelations, is okay. BUT there are consequences. I think human beings have been copping a buzz for eons. They just didn't operate 10,000 lbs of moving steel at 120 km/ hour. Or cook battery acid for some crystals. Drugs were regional and fit into the cultural framework of there respective societies. In a modern world, where your actions have MAJOR consequences, the stakes are higher.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was the post I responded to. Still as case for yourself it is also weak, do you not cross the road because you seen someone run down? I mean if you don't want to do them that's fine, I don't see what's so hard to understand that your argument is pretty slim pickings, is all.
    Whatever you say. Obviously you have never been emotionally touched by the hard realities in front of your eyes.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When in ancient history did humans operate 10,000lbs of steel at 120 kph?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whatever you say. Obviously you have never been emotionally touched by the hard realities in front of your eyes.
    To suggest meeting an alcoholic/drug addict/someone who has been run over by a car would stop me going out to a bar to meet friends, chill out with a spliff, or cross the road is utterly preposterous and it should be for anyone - hence why almost everyone continues to do these things.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To suggest meeting an alcoholic/drug addict/someone who has been run over by a car would stop me going out to a bar to meet friends, chill out with a spliff, or cross the road is utterly preposterous and it should be for anyone - hence why almost everyone continues to do these things.
    Go right ahead man, its a free world.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Go right ahead man, its a free world.
    Do you not find the people who become addicted to things do so because of some underlying trauma, where they went there to excess because they couldn't deal with life without it? If there are no underlying issues in a persons life (say yours), I'd be interested to know why you would still stay clear of these things?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you not find the people who become addicted to things do so because of some underlying trauma, where they went there to excess because they couldn't deal with life without it? If there are no underlying issues in a persons life (say yours), I'd be interested to know why you would still stay clear of these things?
    The health of my body and my mind are the most important things to me. Drugs are toxins, thus why I don't use pain killers much, or even drink much coffee for that matter. I do drink lots of fresh vegi and fruit juices which I juice myself. I don't drink often and if I do its a special occassion. I got everything I need. Is this your first encounter with a person who does not use drugs on a regular basis?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, find your own answers, leave others to theirs.

(Obviously - to me- avoiding danger isn't the only reason I avoid drugs, if you truly were interested in knowing that you would come down and meet me as equals, and quite making assumptions about me and for me)

Who are you trying to convince about drug use, me, or yourself? Cause you don't need to justify it to me, I have already found my own answers.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The health of my body and my mind are the most important things to me. Drugs are toxins, thus why I don't use pain killers much, or even drink much coffee for that matter. I do drink lots of fresh vegi and fruit juices which I juice myself. I don't drink often and if I do its a special occassion. I got everything I need. Is this your first encounter with a person who does not use drugs on a regular basis?

Right thanks, I can understand that. I've met others who don't take any drugs, a lot of people who don't take drugs regularly.

Also, find your own answers, leave others to theirs.

(Obviously - to me- avoiding danger isn't the only reason I avoid drugs, if you truly were interested in knowing that you would come down and meet me as equals, and quite making assumptions about me and for me)

Who are you trying to convince about drug use, me, or yourself? Cause you don't need to justify it to me, I have already found my own answers.

I have my answers, I was just having a conversation to find out your position. I might meet you one day, and I didn't make any assumptions i'm aware of. I'm not trying to convince anyone - I suppose i'm looking for arguments based on rationale rather than panic/propaganda for an individual to not take drugs.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panic? Please.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why don't you do drugs, Wacey? tell us.

You won't die at all (I promise you) if you take a dose that would kill an elephant. In this thread you can take any drugs you want and not suffer anything after taking them.

Give some to Words if you don't believe me.

I can drink a lethal dose of alcohol in this thread and I won't die.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Panic? Please.
    Most of the anti-drugs campaign I have seen is based on creating a panic - don't do this or that you'll die/screw up your life etc.

To make an informed choice, one has to look at the facts. Seeing people through direct experience is one of them, but we have to be careful we don't look for a confirmation bias.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, you may be under the effects of drugs you took now Wacey. And they're prompting you to agree with Words. Think about it...

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Why don't you do drugs, Wacey? tell us.

You won't die at all (I promise you) if you take a dose that would kill an elephant. In this thread you can take any drugs you want and not suffer anything after taking them.

Give some to Words if you don't believe me.

I can drink a lethal dose of alcohol in this thread and I won't die.
    I hope you don't do that.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I hope you don't do that.
    I already did and I am still alive. This thread prohibits me from dying:

Quote Originally Posted by Korpsy Knievel View Post
    If you could do as much as you like without ill bodily effect or causing the collapse of civilization, which would it be?
    All hail the16types.info the slayer of death.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you being sarcastic?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast