View Poll Results: What do you normally crave when you do have cravings?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweets and starches

6 20.69%
  • Salty and fatty

10 34.48%
  • Rich and spicy

9 31.03%
  • Dairy (milk, cheeses, yogurts, ect)

4 13.79%

Thread: What kinds of foods do you commonly crave?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No option for all of the above?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

rich and spicy the most ...but if I go for a few days without dairy, I get signals that I should ingest something like that.

TIM
    ILI-NI / LII-?
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salty,Savory,spicy and starchy.
    Take all these strings
    They call my veins
    Wrap them around
    Every fucking thing

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheese!! Dairy, and salty fatty foods like fries .. my favorite drunk food is like, cheese fries and cheeseburgers

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

#1 Sweets and starches
    #2-3
    Dairy (milk, cheeses, yogurts, ect) & Salty and fatty
    Rich and spicy

It really depends when I get into Si zone then salty and fatty consumption might be quite high. Spicy food is just... Se role.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Salty and fatty, hands down

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

If I crave something it is usually sour and/or salty. Lemons with salt, pickles, lettuce with Italian dressing, olives in vinegar, etc... Apple cider vinegar in a small cup with salt and water, or lemon juice with salt and water. Like lemonade but not. Then I get really thirsty so I drink plain water to wash it all away.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

fried eggs

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Salty/fatty

But Spicy is high up there too

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been craving dust/chalk/clay, which is a sign of a vitamin or mineral defiency: typically iron, magnesium or b12, so I addressed that and the cravings went away. (And yes I'm aware that it's weird to want to eat dust, and I didn't actually eat any.) In general I think cravings are a signal that you need something in your diet that you're not getting.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dill pickle chips minus the underwear.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tomatoes, I've yet to figure out what it all means.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lately i've been craving SALT like a fiend!!!
    And ramping up the salt intake i actually feel more energized for some reason....
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

None of them really...I don't get what some of them mean. Rich/fatty for example. And how rich and spicy go together? If I'm thinking rich as in chocolate. And fatty and salty? Salty is sort of like the opposite of fat right? Fatty food grosses me out so I can't say I've even tasted it.

If I'm just picking one thing, I'll have to say the thing I crave most is water, weirdly enough. I'm usually dehydrated.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

cheesecake, gherkins, beef tea, sage

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Lately I've been craving dust/chalk/clay, which is a sign of a vitamin or mineral defiency: typically iron, magnesium or b12, so I addressed that and the cravings went away. (And yes I'm aware that it's weird to want to eat dust, and I didn't actually eat any.) In general I think cravings are a signal that you need something in your diet that you're not getting.
    I have heard of people craving the same. I looked it up to see what some of the others might indicate.

Craving chocolate? Chocolate cravings are associated with deficiencies in magnesium and copper. Around “that time of the month,” the body uses up more magnesium which is why many women experience PMS and chocolate cravings.To curb the craving, try a magnesium supplement, eat more yellow foods like butternut squash, (Non-GMO corn if you’re into that sort of thing), apples, apricots, bananas, and nuts (especially around “that time of the month” where your body requires extra magnesium). Still want some chocolate? Substitute with carob or add a teaspoon of raw cacao to a smoothie.
    Craving tortilla chips? Your might be deficient in magnesium.
    Craving all thing dairy like, milk, cheese, ice cream, or pizza? Your body is telling you it needs calcium.
    Craving nuts? Your might need more essential fatty acids, protein, or healthy sodium.
    Craving salt? Your body is craving healthy sodium (which is naturally rich in iodine) and attempting to restore balance within your body. Avoid table salt and opt for Himalayan salt or celery juice, which is one of the easiest and healthiest ways to satisfy a salt craving.
    Sweet and sour cravings? We’re talking pickles, lemons, limes, or a combination of sour on sweet. These cravings are associated with liver congestion. The simple fix is to add lemon to your water on a regular basis.
    Craving sugar and starches? These cravings can be caused by any number of things, the most common being a candida (yeast) overgrowth, a neurotransmitter (often serotonin) imbalance, and a lack of glucose from good complex carbs. If you crave sugar while studying, it’s because the brain burns glucose for energy. If you crave sugar after chow’n down on some chips, it’s because you ate too much salt.
    Instead of grabbing the sugar, try eating carrots or a piece of fruit and wait 15 minutes to see if the craving goes away. Invest in a good probiotic. Up the fiber. Do a candida cleanse. Make sure your diet contains adequate amounts of protein. Exercise to properly regulate your neurotransmitters, and incorporate healthy carbohydrates into your diet so you’re less likely to binge on the empty ones.
    Craving dirt? A dirt craving is often associated with a deficiency in trace minerals and is very common during the third trimester of pregnancy. Make sure you’re getting adequate fruits and vegetables and invest in a trace mineral supplement. If you have your own organic garden, pull a carrot up from the soil and eat it without washing.
    Craving fried foods? This is a sheer sign your diet is lacking good fats. Ditch the “taste good but bad for you” fried foods and up the olives, avocado, coconut, seeds, nuts, and healthy oils.
    Craving spicy foods? A spicy food craving is associated with a thyroid imbalance or sulfur deficiency. Eat garlic, horse-radish, curry, cayenne, etc. and make sure you source organic.
    Craving chalk? A craving for chalk is another common third trimester pregnancy craving and is associated with an iron, calcium, or trace mineral deficiency.
    Craving caffeine? Your adrenals are exhausted or you have a neurotransmitter imbalance. Cut out the stress in your life and try licorice root, vitamin B5, and vitamin C.
    Craving nicotine? People who crave nicotine often have unresolved emotional issues and a b vitamin deficiency.
    Craving alcohol? You might have an L-glutamine deficiency (especially if alcoholism is genetic) and a neurotransmitter imbalance.
    Craving meat? You might have a deficiency in protein (rare in this country), iron, amino acids, or phosphorus.
    Craving ice? An ice craving is most commonly associated with an iron deficiency. Try to incorporate more iron rich foods into your diet, more leafy greens, or try a chelated iron or supplement that increases the blood’s ability to carry oxygen (required for iron absorption), like I-X or liquid chlorophyll.
    Craving tuna? You might be deficient in essential fatty acids or protein.
    Craving carbs after a hard day’s work? People crave carbohydrates and magnesium at the end of a busy day to calm their nerves. Take magnesium right before you leave work so you won’t attack the junk food and tortilla chips when you walk in the door.
    http://www.livingwhole.org/causes-of...ings-revealed/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

salty and fatty, ginger based drinks recently

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheese, pasta, bread, cheese with pasta, fries, CHEESE FRIES!! and mcdonald's cheeseburgers

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like @Aylen I mostly crave sour/tart foods. I put lemon or lime on everything (along with Tabasco, Tapatio, Cholula) . Love sauerkraut, hot and sour soup, lemon water, lemonade, apple cider vinegar drink with water, etc. Also crave spicy foods, but usually not as much as the sour foods. And tomatoes, but only at certain times in my cycle...

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bacon, chocolate, spinach (seriously)
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lately I have found myself craving rogan josh.

netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Stuff with an "umami" flavor. My mom says it's weird. I crave things like espresso, fish and mozzarella (with tomatoes and fresh basil) a lot. Also balsamic vinegar.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine

EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx