Thread: Rhythm, the Multiverse, Infinite Potential, a Cheeseburger, and Super-Heroism

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rhythm, the Multiverse, Infinite Potential, a Cheeseburger, and Super-Heroism

Matt "Limit Smasher" Horwich

Background

Growing up, Matt Horwich had little interest in school due to low opinions of his teachers. Unmotivated, lost and without a concrete path to embark on, he began to experiment with drugs and alcohol. Things were not looking bright as his poor choices continued to lead him in the wrong direction. He then garnered interest for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) at the age of seventeen and saved up enough money to learn from none other than Royce Gracie himself. After that, he reluctantly made an unwise decision and was placed in jail for ten days with the possession of drugs. He served his time and chose to relocate to Seattle, Washington with the intention of starting a band. While there, he performed odd jobs and lived in squats as he crossed-paths between becoming either a musician or martial artist. He then eventually experienced a religious conversion as a self-described "spiritual" Christian and rededicated himself to a successful, focused career in martial arts.

Matt Horwich is often described as a hippie who frequently quotes Bible passages and personal aphorisms in conversation. His hobbies include playing guitar and writing music and poetry, mostly themed around his interest in quantum mechanics.

- Wiki P

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Se-SEE?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're getting better at creating those threads, korpsey. Something you ate, I reckon.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has very similar speech mannerisms to woofl. Let's call that type-related for now, Se-something-or-other + EXXx.

edit whoa okay first interview in the OP annoys all sorts of shit out of me + Se confirmed

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

maybe LSI. his nonverbal emotional cues are kinda funky and beseeching. he's got this awkward/endearing combination of stiff/enthusiastic/nerdy/warm and it makes the most sense to me to place that in the context of IJ, Fe seeking, Se ego.

kinda tripped me out watching the videos because he reminded me of a combination between woofie and my mentally disabled LSI uncle but he seems intelligent. i get a lot of conflicting immediate impressions to sort through.

Creepy-pikachu

He seems to be an Se over Si type. I do not think he is the same type as w00f whatsoever. I went through some of his pics since the videos were too fast and jumbled, and his body composition almost to be introverted. If not an introvert, I would guess ESTp, but he seems introverted to me. I was also trying to listen to his verbage, but it is hard to make out how he would usually be in personal life. I am leaning towards ISTj, but he seems... odd, lol.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    maybe LSI. his nonverbal emotional cues are kinda funky and beseeching. he's got this awkward/endearing combination of stiff/enthusiastic/nerdy/warm and it makes the most sense to me to place that in the context of IJ, Fe seeking, Se ego.

kinda tripped me out watching the videos because he reminded me of a combination between woofie and my mentally disabled LSI uncle but he seems intelligent. i get a lot of conflicting immediate impressions to sort through.
    I noticed similarities with woof as well. This guy seems logical and introverted, but they both REEK of positivist and Se IMO. This guy is LSI-Se out the ass if you ask me, reminds me of multiple exemplars of the type I've befriended, including one who also happened to be a martial arts fiend and owned scores of weapons, modern and medieval alike. They have that same combination of latent nervous energy and stoicism combined with a kind of obvious overall attempt to be relatable. Guys like this often come across as kind of creepy and a little slow but its usually deceptive.

Edit: He also reminds me a little bit of aquagraph in some of his expressions. Beta ST without a doubt.
    Last edited by Gilly; 01-25-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    They have that same combination of latent nervous energy and stoicism combined with a kind of obvious overall attempt to be relatable. Guys like this often come across as kind of creepy and a little slow but its usually deceptive.
    yesss, i didn't know how to describe it but this nails it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

he has this one particular facial expression he makes that's the same as one that my LII (LSI?) dad makes. where he smiles and his eyes sparkle in a really specific way. to me it looks like, "hey, aren't i cute? please pat my head." lol. maybe i'll point out the minute/second in one of the videos later when i'm on a machine i can watch videos on. if it isn't already obvious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he has this one particular facial expression he makes that's the same as one that my LII (LSI?) dad makes. where he smiles and his eyes sparkle in a really specific way. to me it looks like, "hey, aren't i cute? please pat my head." lol. maybe i'll point out the minute/second in one of the videos later when i'm on a machine i can watch videos on. if it isn't already obvious.
    Omg yes LSIs do this all the time lol. LIIs too but its not quite as openly/ingenuously solicitous lol.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yesss, i didn't know how to describe it but this nails it.
    Lol yeah Fe seeking is so obvious in LSIs. It's like you can tell they think they are "different" somehow, but try not to think much of it, so they are openly deliberate in the way they relate to others, like they are advertising their social training wheels so people don't expect too much of them, or recognize that "this person is a little different," lol. I've noticed this in some SLEs as well, albeit in a more subtle fashion.

This ties back into part of why I think 4 as an image fixation is stupidly common in Betas.

Under cerulean skies...