A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Random Acts of Poetry

A moment ago as I was standing outside my breakfast cafe with my dogs (yes, I keep awfully strange hours and I take my dogs to breakfast in restaurants) a young man came out behind me and handed me this E.E Cummings poem:

if you like my poems let them
    walk in the evening,a little behind you

then people will say
    “Along this road i saw a princess pass
    on her way to meet her lover (it was
    toward nightfall) with tall and ignorant servants.”

He walked away before I even noticed what he had given me. It was so oddly touching, even to my ice-bitch heart. He looked so shy and nice that I just want to hug him.

Anyway, this is for Pht who seems to think his countrymen are sub-literate.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Creepy-pikachu

I wrote a poem about the feeling the rift lakes. It sucked. Stupid whities.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Jadae. You should ask Woofie to help you write a poem about sexing Ashton's ass.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Creepy-pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Poor Jadae. You should ask Woofie to help you write a poem about sexing Ashton's ass.
    That would take months.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No it wouldn't he's really good at this stuff. The hard part would be getting him to stop. Someone would have to come in and be all Ezra Pound to Eliot's Wasteland.

Creepy-pikachu

No it wouldn't he's really good at this stuff. The hard part would be getting him to stop. Someone would have to come in and be all Ezra Pound to Eliot's Wasteland.
    Thats what I just implied :]

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    Thats what I just implied :]
    Eh. Just show him a picture of Maritsa in a bikini and he would get distracted.

Creepy-pikachu

Eh. Just show him a picture of Maritsa in a bikini and he would get distracted.
    lol if I ever meet him irl, Im wearing armor. Now I know why some sand folk wear full garb.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never derived any aesthetic satisfaction from having either heard or recited a poem. I much prefer well-written prose, as I don't feel compelled to subconsciously count the number of syllables in each line and make sure all the proper words rhyme.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not terribly fond of poetry. I like the highly technical stuff (metaphysical poetry) and I like Eliot and Yeats and some others. It's a difficult art form. Done well I appreciate it.

I just thought this kid was really sweet. Usually the only male attention I get (outside of my boyfriend) comes in the form of a tit-grab-and-run.

I didn't even feel like he was trying to pick me up. It was so nice.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae View Post
    lol if I ever meet him irl, Im wearing armor. Now I know why some sand folk wear full garb.
    Q: What walks on two legs that Woof isn't sexually attracted to?
    A: Nothing.

Creepy-pikachu

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I've never derived any aesthetic satisfaction from having either heard or recited a poem. I much prefer well-written prose, as I don't feel compelled to subconsciously count the number of syllables in each line and make sure all the proper words rhyme.

I tried really hard to like it, but I just ....get really fucking frustrated and want to scream, "SAY WHAT YOU FUCKING MEAN!" lol :[

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a nice moment.

I don't usually have much time for poetry, especially those long things we had to analyze in college. I wished they would just get to the point. But sometimes a verse captures a moment so perfectly.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the towel day one of my friends went to the Helsinki centrum in a robe carrying a towel. He read bad poetry to people and busked money with it. From time to time he got inspired by bad poets so much he created a few bad poems himself.

You wouldn't know what it was about if you aren't familiar with Douglas Adams' Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Creepy-male

I took lit in college, and they had us decode those huge poems. I did it like a champ, except only like 3 of the 30 that we were assigned, the rest was too much reading. But choosing those 3 of the 30 was critical, as they allowed me to assert my knowledge in discussion and get good essay grades whilst the remaining 27. The important facts of those 27, which were required to pass the test, I learned from listening in discussion. I walked away from the class with a decent grade and a decent skill at decoding poems.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading is hard.