Thread: James Lipton

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default James Lipton

The only guy that can stand a chance of kicking Chuck Norris in the ass - JAMES MOTHERFUCKING LIPTON.

JAMES MOTHERFUCKING LIPTON

Lipton will be assimilated into socionics. Resistance is futile!

Also, if Polikujm comes in and types him EII just because he sounds nice and stuff, I'm going to sit here and pray that he gets the worst case of diarrhea he's ever had in the next 24 hours after he posts. I will pray hard and I don't pray. And I encourage you all to pray with me in advance.
    good bye

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea who he is and based solely on this interview he seems to me like LSE the most.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love this dude. I don't know why.
    good bye

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I agree with Grav on LSE for James Lipton, probably the Si-subtype (LSE-Si sx/so). He just fits the LSE stereotypes all too well:

Interviewer: People assume that because of the show and because of your work with the Actors' Studio, your life is completely devoted to movies and thinking about acting. What else do you do in your free time?
    James Lipton: I don't have very much free time. I really don't. I work seven days a week, 14 hours a day, on the show and on the book, the past two years. So free time is something I really don't understand.

His mannerisms seem very gentle to me and he has sort of laid-back style which makes Si-subtype more likely for him than the Te-subtype.

Last edited by silke; 06-25-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Creepy-Snaps

The guy strikes me as excessively formal sometimes. I recently watched his actor's guild episode with Jim Carrey, SLE, and their descriptions of reality clashed a bit, where James seemed more process-oriented, and Jim commented and joked on Mr. Lipton's power, in proposing they do a show together.

For this reason, I sincerely doubt he's Se-ego. And I'm not sure if he's even Se-valuing, for that matter. That leaves Alpha and Delta. And, considering his formalness, and his focus on process, and reputation, often noting actors and actresses' accomplishments on the show, and making sure he gets specific dates, etc., correct, he seems very much Te-valuing, and easily Delta.

Narrowing it down further, I don't see any Fi from him really, although he seems to value it. All I see is Te. So if I eliminate ENFp and INFj from Delta, I'd also go with LSE>SLI.