Thread: Personalities most anti-socionics?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Personalities most anti-socionics?

What makes a person averse to socionics?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that they are all LSIs hating the supervision of the ILEs that built this system.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    An actual aversion rather than a lack of interest would most likely be born out of a fear of being pigeonholed, judged or discriminated against. I think that any person could have this reaction depending upon their own life experiences and the manner in which the theory is presented to them. For example I have found many ILE's to be very open and enthusiastic about the theory (I would not rule out socionic type playing some part in this), but there has been at least one who I've spoken to who has been very wary of these types of classifications. It should be noted that this person has personal experience of prejudice as the result of a socio-cultural imposed catagory. You may also find resistance amoungst those who actually do serious psychological research, who design and conduct well thought out studies rather than relying on a well formed but empirically hazy theory. Ultimately though I think anyone can be for or against this theory, I believe that at it's core it is sound and it intuitively makes a great deal of sense, it's not a cult and has in itself no potential to do harm, however there is a potential for socionics to be used as a way of limiting people, e.g. potentially great SEI scientists could be pulled out of physics classes and given the opportunity to use their "strengths" in cooking or whatever. So really I think a lot of it is down to how the idea is anchored and the seed is sown, if the idea is sold well in a manner appropriate to the audience, it should be received positively.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people think that it's morally wrong to "box" people in. They see only individuals and fail to see the connections that people have with one another. They are also paranoid about new concepts that differ from their concrete, literal point of view. I have a friend that's my dual. She's a SEI. Her and I would talk about socionics and type people all the time. Her husband, though, is an SEE and he would get really pissed if she even brought up personality types.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband has struggled with Socionics as he also sees it as almost 'wrong' to think that two people could be alike in a Socionics type way or maybe in any way at all. He doesn't get pissed off with me though when I talk about Socionics, he just finds it difficult to see possible connections or change his view or overcome his naturally repelling instincts on the topic and thinks I should have given up on this interest ages ago.
    Though because I am interested he has set aside some of his hesitations, engages in conversations about the topic, tries to accept that there may be links and at times has even attempted to help me in this area.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Athww said and I would add older people too. Not to dis the gammas though. I learned a lot from Ashton because he did doubt many of the basic ideas in the Socionics community.

It is not Socionics itself that some types may be adverse to. It's the culture and avenues through which socionics is presented (Mainly an Alpha NT/Beta NF domain currently).

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Athww View Post
    Relatively young + gamma + no interests which match up particularly well with socionics. People like Ashton, Cpig, k0rpsy etc etc are all over this lil' archetypes of theirs which consists of acting all smug, confident and "badass" and more vested in the "serious", "real" and "professional" as if that's "somehow higher" than "everything else". They just end up seeming like giddy lil' kids who are starved, like some of the ego losers of history like Nietzsche and Schopenhauer.
    IDK. Brutal reality kind of trumps this shit. Try feeding someone with a theroetical symbol. It doesnt work. I like the theory and all, but people have a tendency to run with this ball, call it the world, and run even further than they need to do with it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol all the selling going on in this thread. its not really socionics, its (stereotypes, presentation, misunderstanding on their part, etc.) like nobody can legitimately just: dislike socionics.

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, well yeah, duh. I thought the point was to select personality types that we generally deal with (socionics, enneagram, etc.) that tend to be adverse to it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae2point0 View Post
    IDK. Brutal reality kind of trumps this shit. Try feeding someone with a theroetical symbol. It doesnt work. I like the theory and all, but people have a tendency to run with this ball, call it the world, and run even further than they need to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Oh, well yeah, duh. I thought the point was to select personality types that we generally deal with (socionics, enneagram, etc.) that tend to be adverse to it.
    Where in the OP does tcaud ask for opinions on types?

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Personalities most anti socionics"

So, the personality most anti socionics is a personality that is anti socionics type stuff? I guess I just interpreted it that way based on how people began posting, and what tcaud generally goes on about.

MY B YO.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    "Personalities most anti socionics"

So, the personality most anti socionics is a personality that is anti socionics type stuff? I guess I just interpreted it that way based on how people began posting, and what tcaud generally goes on about.

MY B YO.
    Paging Dr. Skinner...

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:06 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relatively young + gamma + no interests which match up particularly well with socionics. People like Ashton, Cpig, k0rpsy etc etc are all over this lil' archetypes of theirs which consists of acting all smug, confident and "badass" and more vested in the "serious", "real" and "professional" as if that's "somehow higher" than "everything else". They just end up seeming like giddy lil' kids who are starved, like some of the ego losers of history like Nietzsche and Schopenhauer.
    Project much?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ES**
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As Britney says:

"There are two types of people in this world. Those that entertain/those who observe."

Objectively people who are anti-socionics are probably the Oprah real world preppy types who aren't insightful, they are like anti-loser and they just want to be popular as opposed to see things accurately. Even though we all say things like 'socionics is gay' none of us are really anti-socionics or we wouldn't be in a socionics forum. There is also hypocrisy with that, but everybody is a hypocrite so who cares?

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

lol

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Sensors in general. There's not as much practical use for it. Look at the types that fill these boards: LII, ILE, IEI, ILI, IEE, EII. I mean what're the most common sensing types here, SLI/LSI???

Practically speaking, Myers-Briggs is used commercially and corporately to identify broad personality types. The four temperaments are great for business. Dating sites use their own brand of personality metrics, and people tend to be in-born with a subconscious understanding of who they're compatible with or not. Plenty of people-skills books if you want to improve your relationships with others, so what else can socionics really be USED for? Group dynamics, dating knowledge, relationship compatibility, people-skills, what? Socionics doesn't really have a niche benefit.

Of course it's more detailed in terms of the subtleties of compatibility. But I find myself constantly weighing how important it is to know the subtle details, versus the time it took to study socionics and the brain space/ brain cells it occupies. Detail is awesome, and I still find socionics worth the time-investment, but it seems like intuitives or more likely to study this detailed theory without even weighing the practical uses.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

people who:
    a) have little need for it because they can produce understanding of people and relationships without it.
    b) have a preference for adjusting what they think based on what they see instead of vice versa.
    c) have a healthy respect and appreciation for the mystery inside other humans.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME:
    - Intuitive types in general show more interest in the theory. (Ne-egos and IEIs seem to be the most common types here..?)
    - Same goes for introverts/introverted subtypes of extroverts
    - Si types, especially delta st:s, often show interest and are interested in learning the basics, but don't really get too deeply involved.
    - Se-egos often seem hostile towards the whole idea, especially gamma sf:s. (This may have to do with me rubbing the unvalued Ne in their faces and not being able to present things in a decent Te+Ni way, but still, they seem to be the rarest types in the members list, too)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Sensors in general. There's not as much practical use for it. Look at the types that fill these boards: LII, ILE, IEI, ILI, IEE, EII. I mean what're the most common sensing types here, SLI/LSI???

Practically speaking, Myers-Briggs is used commercially and corporately to identify broad personality types. The four temperaments are great for business. Dating sites use their own brand of personality metrics, and people tend to be in-born with a subconscious understanding of who they're compatible with or not. Plenty of people-skills books if you want to improve your relationships with others, so what else can socionics really be USED for? Group dynamics, dating knowledge, relationship compatibility, people-skills, what? Socionics doesn't really have a niche benefit.

Of course it's more detailed in terms of the subtleties of compatibility. But I find myself constantly weighing how important it is to know the subtle details, versus the time it took to study socionics and the brain space/ brain cells it occupies. Detail is awesome, and I still find socionics worth the time-investment, but it seems like intuitives or more likely to study this detailed theory without even weighing the practical uses.

Socionics could be used just as widely and less copy right restricted to do what corporate Myers-Briggs people do, with optional higher levels of intertypes for those that can use it.
    Socionics doesn't have a niche benefit? What? What are you doing on this site then? False equivalency.... Most of the tools you describe are the worst dumbed down tools you can buy. From a socionicsts standpoint they are inneffective if not downright deceitful. All it would take is someone with money, for example an ex-ceo or VP or that MB company to kickstart a new venture. People think the same thing about any idea that needs to be developed, all it really takes in this instance is some capital and a buisness plan. And if you have enough capital the buisness plan will follow, you just poach people from these other institutions. Your results would be the real game changer.