Thread: Mystery Science Theater 3000

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Question Mystery Science Theater 3000

If you are familiar, with the series, then you may be able to get an idea of what watching movies can be like at my house. Literally..we can be brutal at times.It is also hysterically funny and we have to rewind a lot. Fun is had by all!

.So I am looking for recommendations. I would like to keep it in the Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror genres. No gore, House of 1000s corpses is not my thing.

The most recent movies I watched, from netflix recommendations, were:

Soloman Kane = I liked it a lot.

Arn, The Knight Templar = I liked it too.

2 stars or above please. I won't bother with a one star, unless it is highly recommended.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Creepy-bg

wait, you want bad movies to mst3k on, or good movies? (going back to sleep, but might have stuff to suggest when i wake and see what you want)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgoat View Post
    wait, you want bad movies to mst3k on, or good movies? (going back to sleep, but might have stuff to suggest when i wake and see what you want)
    Both! Sleepyhead...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some pretty bad Syfy movies. Some of them are so bad that much of the dialogue is fragmented and comically incoherent - Mega Crocodile vs Mega Shark.

Creepy-bg

@Aylen

have you ever seen Dark Star? it fits as both. heh. it's an oldish movie (1974), but one of John Carpenters firsts. Also, They Live, although if your a scifi buff, you've probably seen at least one of them, in not, watch them. They Live is probably more bareable (at least to me, the campy low-budget special effects in Dark Star are lolzy (but that's kind of it's charm )). either way, both are pretty fun movies
    Last edited by bg; 01-25-2014 at 11:30 PM.