Thread: Linkin Park's Living Things

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Default Linkin Park's Living Things

Anyone been scoping out the new album? I've been sampling some tracks here and there on YouTube, sounds pretty solid. Their music has certainly come a long way since Hybrid Theory was released 12 years ago.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are still serious about their career?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

As serious as ever, I guess. I feel like their sound has matured greatly.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I heard a new single and it ruled! I like all the albums except for the third one, which was necessary for the next ones I think...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm dredging this thread up since this is the only Linkin Park CD I've ever bought, but listen to them on Google Music All Access ... Know them well from SMX Octane over the years too.

I LOVE the Living Things album, and also the first 2, liking #3 the least of everything, also like #4 pretty much. Like Hunting Party OK and the newest one a little less but still like it enough.
    I guess this is my ranking:

1 #3
    2 #2
    3 #7
    4 #4
    5 #1
    6 #5
    7 #6

I am beyond horrified that Chester hung himself "suddenly". Listening to all their music since 7-20-2017 makes me cry inside, ache to go back in time and help him. I can't, I know, but I still wish I could, and want to keep anyone else in the world from doing this to themselves and I feel miserable because of my powerlessness to do anything.

My hubby doesn't understand my feelings about this, dismisses me whenever I go overboard emotively inside enough to have it take over how I am for days to weeks long, certain tragedies touch me deeply, most don't. It's crazy to him.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah when I was in college it was around the big indie boom, early to mid 2000s, so we were all kind of too cool for linkin park. but then as I got older I rediscovered them with minutes to midnight and found I really liked them, because they just seemed so sincere and I loved that they were like not cool in the eyes of the people i thought weren't cool. Chesters lyrics made a ton of sense to me, especially no roads left. that's my favorite song of theirs. can't believe hes gone. I felt like he's been in my corner this whole time. its like losing a brother

what a bunch of shit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Four Linkin Park Albums Return to Billboard 200 Chart" This is why celebrities fake their death's on retirement day. This latest clown copies Chris Cornell on his birthday (Whos body was also never found/shown). As if these men would intentionally leave their 3-6 children behind; their fans don't even know insulting it is to them to believe they would actually do that, but they are happy to rake in your money.
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if he actually faked his death for the money I'm glad he's alive and he can have my 10 bucks

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Linkin Park Wikipedia:

On the morning of July 24, Linkin Park released an official statement via their Facebook page, reading:

Dear Chester,

Our hearts are broken. The shockwaves of grief and denial are still sweeping through our family as we come to grips with what has happened. You touched so many lives, maybe even more than you realized. In the past few days, we’ve seen an outpouring of love and support, both public and private, from around the world. Talinda and the family appreciate it, and want the world to know that you were the best husband, son, and father; the family will never be whole without you.

Talking with you about the years ahead together, your excitement was infectious. Your absence leaves a void that can never be filled—a boisterous, funny, ambitious, creative, kind, generous voice in the room is missing. We’re trying to remind ourselves that the demons who took you away from us were always part of the deal. After all, it was the way you sang about those demons that made everyone fall in love with you in the first place. You fearlessly put them on display, and in doing so, brought us together and taught us to be more human. You had the biggest heart, and managed to wear it on your sleeve.

Our love for making and performing music is inextinguishable. While we don’t know what path our future may take, we know that each of our lives was made better by you. Thank you for that gift. We love you, and miss you so much.
    Until we see you again,
    LP

— Linkin Park
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To think that in about two weeks from now I was supposed to see Chester perform live and now he's gone, just like that. It is a huge shock to me because I was not expecting it. I was anticipating that they might break up in the near future so I should see them ASAP, but nothing more. I am really sad to see him gone.

Chester was angry at fans that did not like their new sound from their new album and wanted them to make songs like their old albums. He was right though, bands mature over time, so you either accept the change or just listen to the albums you like. It would be boring if bands' albums did not evolve over time.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linkin Park was the shit. My middle/high school band right there. Chester will be missed

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazymaisy View Post
    I'm dredging this thread up since this is the only Linkin Park CD I've ever bought, but listen to them on Google Music All Access ... Know them well from SMX Octane over the years too.

I LOVE the Living Things album, and also the first 2, liking #3 the least of everything, also like #4 pretty much. Like Hunting Party OK and the newest one a little less but still like it enough.
    I guess this is my ranking:

1 #3
    2 #2
    3 #7
    4 #4
    5 #1
    6 #5
    7 #6

I am beyond horrified that Chester hung himself "suddenly". Listening to all their music since 7-20-2017 makes me cry inside, ache to go back in time and help him. I can't, I know, but I still wish I could, and want to keep anyone else in the world from doing this to themselves and I feel miserable because of my powerlessness to do anything.

My hubby doesn't understand my feelings about this, dismisses me whenever I go overboard emotively inside enough to have it take over how I am for days to weeks long, certain tragedies touch me deeply, most don't. It's crazy to him.
    I felt similarly when Chris Cornell killed himself. It had a huge impact.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aww yeah. I felt sad too of the news. Depression really sucks. Plus drugs only worsen depression.

Stop using drugs.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks for his family. Its fucked up to put that in your kids lives.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Sucks for his family. Its fucked up to put that in your kids lives.
    Yes well shit happens