Thread: Typing people by facebook

Creepy-Snaps

Default Typing people by facebook

Anyone else use facebook posts/status updates to type people? Or do any of your FB friends remind you of 16types members, or vice versa?

I type this one girl as INFj, and her comment to a picture actually reminded me eerily of @Maritsa Darmandzhyan. The picture is as follows:

"I don't ask for much in a man. He only has to be tall, rich, funny, sexy, single, strong, good-looking, smart, romantic, charming, warm, sweet, sensitive, clever, athletic, kind, generous, punctual, sincere, and of course he has to be willing to feed me ice cream in bed every night for the rest of my life."

And her reply which reminded me of Maritsa:

"Totally! & can do carpentry, is mechanically inclined, & immensely intelligent... But mostly willing 2 feed me ice cream in bed for the rest of my life. I think i would have better luck luring a unicorn into my backyard... Lolz"

I find it easy to type Ne infantiles, they draw out the Si caregiver in me, wanting to help provide for them. Makes me think, if I were to continue to strive to be successful, and provide all the luxuries money can afford, such as ice cream every day, that they would truly appreciate it.

Or my other friend, he's a nut, willing to try and do anything, always laughing and having a good time, somewhat impulsive. I type him as ESFp. He actually reminds me a lot of @woofwoofl:

25444_407309020519_6449443_n.jpg

Anyone else use FB to type people? What similarities have you noticed?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GAAAAH FECESBOOK *STAB* *STAB* *STAB* *CHAINSAW*

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Typing people by facebook
    i think anything having to do with how a person chooses to present themselves to the world (including things like Facebook) is helpful in determining their type.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I find it easy to type Ne infantiles, they draw out the Si caregiver in me, wanting to help provide for them. Makes me think, if I were to continue to strive to be successful, and provide all the luxuries money can afford, such as ice cream every day, that they would truly appreciate it.
    I don't want to totally dismiss this comment because I can understand it on a certain level, but on another it makes me want to vomit in my brain.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    People actually write things like that? phew. I'm so glad I don't have any shitty fb friends.
    Come on, it's obviously a joke.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statistically speaking people who make those kind of jokes have expectations at least two standard deviations above the mean.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Come on, it's obviously a joke.
    Word
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i have trouble with the "j/k" thing because its not like there's a strong invisible line where everything said as a joke is completely separate from reality and in another universe separate from the joker's brain.

and i totally hate all of you. just kidding.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the only thing relevant i have to add to this thread is i was going between SEI & IEI for someone and seeing their status updates which were frequently things like, "PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS" was a factor that helped me lean over to IEI.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    It's a horribly corny joke
    I find it funny. Some of us enjoy corny humor.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I find it funny. Some of us enjoy corny humor.
    Jokes should be appreciated by a number greater than yourself, otherwise you run the risk of becoming an unfunny asshole.

Just sayin'!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes me think, if I were to continue to strive to be successful, and provide all the luxuries money can afford, such as ice cream every day, that they would truly appreciate it.
    there's more to life than money. and ice cream. says someone who has both. but STILL. do not emphasize these things in life! If you work diligently and you happen to be blessed with money, so be it. I like you MD, but this sentence bothered me!!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i have trouble with the "j/k" thing because its not like there's a strong invisible line where everything said as a joke is completely separate from reality and in another universe separate from the joker's brain.
    THIS.

Jokes always stem from something. Maybe it was funny cos it's totally not as it was said (see "[Obviously false statement]. NOT" and satire) but even then it implies something!
    I actually see myself that I'm almost always half jesting and half serious.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden