Thread: Probable IEI giving herself a headache

TIM
    IXI sx/so
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Probable IEI giving herself a headache...

I'm an IEI diagnosed with inattentive ADHD. Even though I relate quite a bit to my type, I find myself constantly questioning, especially considering ESE, SEI, EIE or ILI. Is this normal? Any other IEIs gone through this and found an effective way to make the brain shut up about it? Usually this happens when I notice certain types around me lacking or having an abundance of IE activity which is at odds with my own somehow. For instance, when working with an unhealthy IEI who was often cruel to me, I wondered if I were Fe-dominant since I seemed far more affected by her mood swings than she did herself after a time. Around certain Fi-oblivious IEIs and Fi-obsessive EIIs I wonder if I am ILI who possesses casual Fi but doesn't fixate on it too much. Around high-strung victims I consider myself more Si-adept yet around caregivers it quickly feels abundantly apparent to me that I am a victim.

TIM
    Te-ILI; 5w6 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either it is normal or you are batshit crazy. Either way that's how you roll so don't worry about it.

Perpetual Confusion Machine PistolShrimp's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want even more of a headache, start a What's My Type? thread here. Mine went on for six pages, and I was typed LII, SEI, ILE, IEI, ESI, ILI, EII, and IEE. Some people had good input, while others were ridiculously off the mark.

I can relate to your uncertainty. What I ultimately found the most helpful in determining my type was the Reinin dichotomies. This app determines your type based on them: http://zhilkin.com/socio/en/

Every now and then I'll wonder if I'm SEI, but using the Reinin dichotomies and my relationships with others whose types I am sure of as benchmarks, I can see that I am Ni/Se valuing.