Thread: Mixed functions?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mixed functions?

Has anyone ever taken tests that break things down by function, and have gotten fairly similar percentages on both the introverted and extroverted form of a function? How were you able to differentiate which function applied and which was the non-dominant function trying to poke its head?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@soggy-flakes

Have you taken the test yourself? Which result did you get? Have you based your belief that you are an INTj on that result?

Are you aware of the fact that, based on the definitions and understanding of the functions that the test is built upon, I am unquestionably a TiNe. And I am also unquestionably an INTP. And the INTP type is almost (but not 100 %) beyond reasonable doubt the same type as INTp in Socionics, even though an INTp in Socionics is a , which is not the same thing as a NiTe at CognitiveProcesses.com.

If people want to know the strenght of their socionic functions, they can not use the test you mention. But they might use it to get to know which socionic type they are. If you get the result TiNe (INTP) then you are probably an INTp. If you get the result NiTe (INTJ) then you are probably an INTj.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    @soggy-flakes

Have you taken the test yourself? Which result did you get? Have you based your belief that you are an INTj on that result?

Are you aware of the fact that, based on the definitions and understanding of the functions that the test is built upon, I am unquestionably a TiNe. And I am also unquestionably an INTP. And the INTP type is almost (but not 100 %) beyond reasonable doubt the same type as INTp in Socionics, even though an INTp in Socionics is a , which is not the same thing as a NiTe at CognitiveProcesses.com.

If people want to know the strenght of their socionic functions, they can not use the test you mention. But they might use it to get to know which socionic type they are. If you get the result TiNe (INTP) then you are probably an INTp. If you get the result NiTe (INTJ) then you are probably an INTj.
    Need I dig out the countless threads that point out that there is NO direct correlation between MBTI typesand Socionics types? I think not.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need I dig out the countless threads that point out that there is NO direct correlation between MBTI typesand Socionics types? I think not.
    Need I dig out the countless posts where I have tried to explain to all of you that what you claim here is FALSE? I think not.

People's refusal to realize the truth is starting to get rather tiresome ... but maybe I'll just have to accept the fact that I am one of very few people, who really try to investigate and analyze these matters seriously in an attempt to find the objective truth and understand it correctly.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that peoples' most active functions do not always correlate to those of their proposed 4-letter type; Socionics types with functions, not letters.

For the record, I test INFP on nearly EVERY MBTI test I've ever taken, INCLUDING the actual paper ones that you have to pay for. And for the love of God, do NOT try to convince me that they're right. Expat says that I'm ENTp, and, well, around here Expat is basically God, so you're fighting an uphill battle there, buddy :wink:

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol whatever you say
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    lol whatever you say
    Joy is back to agreeing with MBTI. Hopefully Peter will find the lighter and charred spoon and throw them away.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no one said anything about agreeing with MBTI
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    no one said anything about agreeing with MBTI
    Yeah but you're doing it nonetheless.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhhh I said INFp or ESFp for you before knowing what your MBTI type is.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that peoples' most active functions do not always correlate to those of their proposed 4-letter type; Socionics types with functions, not letters.
    Has anyone suggested otherwise? And has anyone suggested to you that the MBTI types are about letters (which you might imply here)? If so, that is totally wrong too.

For the record, I test INFP on nearly EVERY MBTI test I've ever taken, INCLUDING the actual paper ones that you have to pay for.
    I have said over and over again that test results are not a totally reliable typing method in individual cases. But they can help when we want to analyze huge amounts of empirical data.

And for the love of God, do NOT try to convince me that they're right. Expat says that I'm ENTp, and, well, around here Expat is basically God, so you're fighting an uphill battle there, buddy
    1. If you repeatedly test INFP on MBTI tests, including the real one that you have to pay for, but really are an ENTp, then that is a definitive proof that you don't understand yourself very well.

2. The attitude you show when you refer to Expat's infallible typing skills does not prove anything in itself, but it is certainly not typical of ENTps. It rather suggests that you might very well be an ethical type of some sort.

3. This is important: If you get the same test result in nearly every MBTI test that you have ever taken, including the real one, that is a very strong argument in favour of the hypothesis that you really are an INFP/INFp. There is no question about that.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everything in this post

I don't know much about MBTI, but I do know it used Fe, Fi, etc.
    SEE