Thread: Which type (or combination of functions) does this?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Which type (or combination of functions) does this?

Which type would take existing information and models and combine and overlay them to find patterns and common denominators to deduce a solution?

This involves gathering relevant information from a variety of sources and models and making connections between them, assessing relationships between information, eliminating redundancies to then use the useful patterns to create new solutions.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say LII since it's reductive and deductive.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Fe e4 458 Sx
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Smart people of any type.
    This.
    "Use every ounce of potential you have, raise revolution against what people expect of you, and tell the world this is not a rehearsal. This is the real me. And listen up, ‘cause it could be the most honest incarnation yet."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Which type would take existing information and models and combine and overlay them to find patterns and common denominators to deduce a solution?

This involves gathering relevant information from a variety of sources and models and making connections between them, assessing relationships between information, eliminating redundancies to then use the useful patterns to create new solutions.
    I do this in my head but don't have the sticktoitiveness to come up with any substantial result.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Ashton.
    The thing to look for, if you wanted to look into elements, is maybe try paying attention the criteria they are using for pulling info out, as well as which kinds of connections are typically made. For example, are the majority explicitely clear? Or is the connection being made based on implicit meanings they share? What types of sources and models are they using? Concrete physical ones? Or are the models dealing with things of a more abstract nature? Are they trying to get their new model to be consistent in relation to itself? Or are they checking to see if the new model fits consistently with reality? Etc.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Some combination of Ne, Ti and generally static types.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html