Thread: VI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default VI

Why is it that some types can see the connection between personality type and physiology and others can not?

What characteristics make certain types more prone to resist the idea of physiology as an indicator of personality?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Why is it that some types can see the connection between personality type and physiology and others can not?

What characteristics make certain types more prone to resist the idea of physiology as an indicator of personality?
    Since you've argued repeatedly that as an EII you're a declaring type, go ahead and declare it all over us.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There are several reasons for both questions.

Utilization of a method in approaching the subject matter allows some types to apply something to view it's consistency, is my best answer here. The reason why others can not may be due to refusing, valuing perception rather than analysis and conformity.

Resisting the idea of physiology as an indicator of personality again has several reason behind it, some more shallow and brief and others more deliberate and complicated. Where shallow, I would say that the person simply wants to deny it, for their own reasons; where more deliberate, I would say that the person wants to create a system outside of this, in which case, all their efforts to such a direction are directly contradictory to that of others.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-pokeball

Perception of relativity is your friend, Maritsa. Dont be afraid to hug it.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI is unreliable. Even if it is true, it is an artform that very few can master. Many subtle signs hint to personality.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felafel View Post
    my reason is based on the fact that i know a couple of very fat infjs with gigantic shoulders and bottom and what seems to be like dense bones. truth. if i go by that sample, then you're not infj. if we go by your sample, then they're not.

anyway, just making a point.

edit: also, more 'conventional' or w/e VI is not based on fat or lack of fat etc, like you've commented in the past.
    Please describe these INFjs
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

if somebody looked exactly like you but had the exact same personality as your boyfriend, what would their type be?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mary darling, you're embarassing.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

I don't consider physiological traits to be too telling about cognitive patterns. Sure, there may be something to working out type based on pictures, but the way most people on this forum do it is merely say "You look like 'x' so I think you might be type 'y'." That's WRONG WRONG WRONG.

If anything, VI would rely on subtle indications that have nothing to do with physiological genealogy, such as facial expression and similar indications of emotions, though I'm not sure about this. I have heard several times before that the eyes are most telling concerning VI.