TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi...
    Welcome to the forum
    I am an ILE too...and i joined the forum recently.
    Tell us more about yourself...what brought you here??

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello there!

Creepy-Snaps

Welcome Corwin.

TIM
    ?IEE-H?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not very good talking about myself, lol. I was hoping ILE would sum it up enough.

I'm 23, male
    Living in LA
    The two major friends in my life are LSE and SLE (And they wont even speak to each other anymore, lol)
    I grew up in Scientology, leaving when I was 19. Thus of course being a major influence in my upbringing.
    I find Socionics truly fascinating, primarily because it gives me understanding of how others view the world as well as my actions. Enables me to resolve conflict and better solve repeating problems in my life. And above all else I just love the idea that "I'm right, and so are you"
    As an ILE and requiring everything to fit into my logical framework of conceptual knowledge, Socionics has filled a major gap it my view of the world. I was originally introduced to Socionics through MBTI, which I learned about from /b/.
    I discovered 16types somewhere in the course of my research of Socionics. I don't usually participate in forums, but this is one of the few I feel I can really benefit from.
    Last edited by Corwin; 03-14-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: typos

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was indeed a nice and simple introduction...

I am also new to this forum and I am your mirror type LII.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Corwin, have we met? You seem to be in LA; so am I.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Corwin . I am Ver - nice to have you here!

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    I'm not very good talking about myself, lol. I was hoping ILE would sum it up enough.

I'm 23, male
    Living in LA
    The two major friends in my life are LSE and SLE (And they wont even speak to each other anymore, lol)
    I grew up in Scientology, leaving when I was 19. Thus of course being a major influence in my upbringing.
    I find Socionics truly fascinating, primarily because it gives me understanding of how others view the world as well as my actions. Enables me to resolve conflict and better solve repeating problems in my life. And above all else I just love the idea that "I'm right, and so are you"
    As an ILE and requiring everything to fit into my logical framework of conceptual knowledge, Socionics has filled a major gap it my view of the world. I was originally introduced to Socionics through MBTI, which I learned about from /b/.
    I discovered 16types somewhere in the course of my research of Socionics. I don't usually participate in forums, but this is one of the few I feel I can really benefit from.
    It's always interesting to have a member of a ex-cultish-religion(no offense intended) here. Its kinda of interesting that this site has a relatively high number of people who have escaped or are in the process of escaping that sort of insular environment. Welcome!

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    It's always interesting to have a member of a ex-cultish-religion(no offense intended) here. Its kinda of interesting that this site has a relatively high number of people who have escaped or are in the process of escaping that sort of insular environment. Welcome!
    do you have any ideas about why this might be the case?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    do you have any ideas about why this might be the case?
    I'm not sure exactly, but it seems to be a combination of openness, a way to understand people and relate with them outside of the strict religious doctrine, and maybe the hope of finding a dual as well as establishing good relationships outside of the religious community.

Leaving this sort of insular community, I think many individuals are faced with the daunting task of engaging a world they were not prepared for and they seek out various avenues in order to cope with this problem. Psychology and philosophy in general I think is sought out, and thru that MBTI which in turn leads them to Socionics.

TIM
    ?IEE-H?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Corwin, have we met? You seem to be in LA; so am I.
    I don't think so. I don't get out much, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I'm not sure exactly, but it seems to be a combination of openness, a way to understand people and relate with them outside of the strict religious doctrine, and maybe the hope of finding a dual as well as establishing good relationships outside of the religious community.

Leaving this sort of insular community, I think many individuals are faced with the daunting task of engaging a world they were not prepared for and they seek out various avenues in order to cope with this problem. Psychology and philosophy in general I think is sought out, and thru that MBTI which in turn leads them to Socionics.
    I'd have to agree with you. I was forced to live my life a in a way that didn't feel natural to me. Scientology's explanations of how the mind works made sense in a way, but I had so many questions that couldn't be answered. And questioning L. Ron Hubbard was the equivalent of blasphemy. They simply told me I was wrong and "aberrated". The flaws in Scientology gave me the drive to find truth. I still have my doubts about Socionics, but at least they're WAY smaller than my doubts about Scientology.

My LSE friend turned to Psychology and Philosophy after leaving Scientology, and my attempts in discussing Socionics have not gone very well as he refuses to discuss anything subjective because of his base . My SLE friend just kind of made up his own belief structure pulled from a variety of religious literature, and unlike my LSE friend, he seems to find Socionics as a possibly useful tool to supplement his influence over people with . I'm assuming due to our shared creative function, he's the only person that has been interested in the topic of Socionics at all.