759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not sure, but some sort of NF

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Galen said ENFp once before. I agree w/ that typing.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE? IEI?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sense NF. rather ENFp.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My guess would be Fi-ENFp sx/sp

Some quotes by/about him:

“I guess Surrealism has a draw for me because it’s an unknown world,” said Gotye. “It’s a world of subconscious. Some things you can’t really get your hands on very easily. Things that are kind of nebulous and they feel like they’re not completely formed. You have to feel your way through that.”

Gotye explained that “a big part of making music” for him “is the discovery aspect, is the surprise aspect.” “That’s why I think I’ll always love sampling,” continued Gotye. “Because it involves combining the music fandom: collecting, searching, discovering music history, and artifacts of recording that you may not have known existed and you just kind of unlock parts of your brain, you know?”

Despite admitting that he is a “fairly private person” who doesn’t “often seek out maybe as much social interaction” as a lot of his friends do, “prefers a lot of time” to himself “to read and reflect and kind of process things,” Gotye, in his own way, engages in his songs in what he called “Micrommunication”

''I tend to just do whatever I want on an album and try to make it work. I'm just adventurous. It's most exciting to be at the edge of your abilities. I want to see how far I can push things,''

'This album is far more personal, even if there's a character element to the sounds I'm working with,'' he says. ''Every song on this album I stand behind; I feel like I have a close relationship with them. There are older songs where I can feel myself writing a story, so this is the first album where I'm proud of every lyric.''

“I wanted to try to make sounds that are as rich and exciting as the ones that jump out of old records to me that I feel like grabbing and doing something with. I want to see if I can be a good enough engineer or player or musician to make things that have that kind of spark.”

I am, because it certainly was a challenge along the way. I probably had some of my lowest points ever, where I was just sitting there going, "Wow. I need to go for a walk. I hate this music. This is fucking shithouse." ...I did feel at various times that the whole process of me making music is just inevitably beset by having got over those big barriers, and think, "Okay. I didn't get that right the first time, that's for sure. But do it again!"
    Last edited by silke; 06-01-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's so nice...charming...beautiful smile & beautiful soul.
    Oh, I have no words....he just brings back feelings of teen as he reminds me in every way of my first boyfriend.
    So I say he's in my quadra, intuitive, extroverted, ethically driven so I agree with ENFP.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen him much in interviews, but that vid confirms Fi-ENFp for me. He's super fucking animated, much more so than I expected. Could be sx/sp as well. He reminds me of me in a good way, hurp durp.

Kimbra seems ISFj fwiw
    Last edited by Galen; 03-05-2012 at 06:31 AM.