Hybrid View

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i can haz type nao?

I know it's a lot to ask especially since you don't know anything about me ... but we can work on that.

Here is some information that may or may not be pertinent.

• I am shyer than my internet mannerisms would suggest.
    • I find it very hard to assert myself.
    • I try to be organized a lot but keep failing.
    • I have refined procrastination to an art form. I am not proud of it.
    • I don't like to worry about things but I can't really help it.
    • I'm kinda spaced out.
    • Loud people scare me. So do fights.
    • I think the internet is discriminating against dogs. What's so special about cats? Dogs are every bit as great as cats.

I have some ideas as to what my type could be but I'll withhold them for the moment because I want to hear what you've got before it gets adulterated by my babble.

Thanks!

Creepy-bg

male or female?

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    male or female?
    I come with lady bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    no type 4 u
    Whatever, I don't care.

*lower lip quivers pathetically*

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by fairylights View Post
    I come with lady bits.
    that's hot.
    Last edited by bg; 02-04-2012 at 10:27 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I know it's a lot to ask especially since you don't know anything about me ... but we can work on that.

Here is some information that may or may not be pertinent.

• I am shyer than my internet mannerisms would suggest.
    • I find it very hard to assert myself.
    • I try to be organized a lot but keep failing.
    • I have refined procrastination to an art form. I am not proud of it.
    • I don't like to worry about things but I can't really help it.
    • I'm kinda spaced out.
    • Loud people scare me. So do fights.
    • I think the internet is discriminating against dogs. What's so special about cats? Dogs are every bit as great as cats.

I have some ideas as to what my type could be but I'll withhold them for the moment because I want to hear what you've got before it gets adulterated by my babble.

Thanks!
    You seem to be devaluing to me and irrational, so probably an irrational Alpha or Delta. So that leaves SEI, SLI, IEE, ILE from what I know about you so far. Give some more information and I'll try to break it down further.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    You seem to be devaluing to me and irrational, so probably an irrational Alpha or Delta. So that leaves SEI, SLI, IEE, ILE from what I know about you so far. Give some more information and I'll try to break it down further.
    I dislike those little symbols. I always have a hard time matching them up with concepts. I guess it's because I'm not very visually oriented despite being very susceptible to beauty. There's a particular feeling that hits me when I'm walking someplace and I suddenly see someone or something that's aesthetically compelling ... a sort of spontaneous welling of appreciation, if you will.

But I'm very unobservant as far as my surroundings are concerned. I was out at a bar last night with a friend and apparently he got into some sort of argument with a girl there and I was standing right next to him and I didn't even realize what was going on until he told me about it. Then I got upset because I find hostility unsettling.

I like to substantiate concepts with examples because it just seems like an easier way to understand and explain them, but then I start to worry about the problematics of anecdotal evidence. Archetypes are good at filling in that in-between ground between pure abstraction and concrete evidence because they're not stained by the mess of reality. But a good archetype is really hard to build and describe.

I am rambling now. Is there anything in particular that you'd like me to provide in terms of information?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I dislike those little symbols. I always have a hard time matching them up with concepts. I guess it's because I'm not very visually oriented despite being very susceptible to beauty. There's a particular feeling that hits me when I'm walking someplace and I suddenly see someone or something that's aesthetically compelling ... a sort of spontaneous welling of appreciation, if you will.
    That little symbol is extraverted sensing. What you're talking about sounds like introverted sensing to me, but that may only indicate that you're introverted sensing valuing and not necessarily an introverted sensing ego.

But I'm very unobservant as far as my surroundings are concerned. I was out at a bar last night with a friend and apparently he got into some sort of argument with a girl there and I was standing right next to him and I didn't even realize what was going on until he told me about it. Then I got upset because I find hostility unsettling.
    Well, this just seems like weak extraverted sensing to me and possible extraverted intuition or introversion.

I like to substantiate concepts with examples because it just seems like an easier way to understand and explain them, but then I start to worry about the problematics of anecdotal evidence. Archetypes are good at filling in that in-between ground between pure abstraction and concrete evidence because they're not stained by the mess of reality. But a good archetype is really hard to build and describe.
    This doesn't seem to point to any function specifically, so I'll leave it up in the air.

I am rambling now. Is there anything in particular that you'd like me to provide in terms of information?
    I guess you could answer these questions:

1. What kind of lifestyle do you have?
    2. Do you enjoy debating and what kind of topics do you prefer to discuss?
    3. How would you describe your overall behavior around others?

I can't think of any more decent questions at the moment, but you can add in your own.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I guess you could answer these questions:

I can't think of any more decent questions at the moment, but you can add in your own.
    Thank you. This is very helpful. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

I need plenty of privacy and space to be comfortable but I also need some constant element of human contact at low levels, otherwise I get isolated and sad. I don't place much of an emphasis on having stuff. If anything, having too much stuff around makes me uncomfortable because I hate clutter but don't feel capable of dealing with it myself. I like to hang out with friends occasionally but in small, low-key settings. I'm very timid around large numbers of unfamiliar people and end up wall-flowering or clinging frantically to the one person I do know at bigger parties.

I moved away from home when I was fairly young because while I love my family, I value my independence very highly and it is difficult to preserve around people who are that talkative, curious, and meddlesome. I have a hard time asserting boundaries so I prefer not to put myself in situations where they will likely be disrespected on a regular basis.

I don't ENJOY debating per se, but I'm okay with it so long as the tone of the conversation isn't overtly confrontational. Some kind of cut and thrust does often result in the generation of interesting ideas and novel perspectives and I like that but I can't stand arguments over insignificant details that really don't matter in the greater scheme of things, or debates that are laced with personal hostility.

Usually, I enjoy debates that focus on philosophy, particularly anything that has to do with epistemology. It's not just interesting; it's also a great way to build mental muscle. I usually dislike debates that have to do with religion and politics. I'm prepared to listen to other people's views if they want to share them and will vigorously support their right to hold the views they do but I have my opinions on these matters and I'm happy with them and I don't feel the need to defend them constantly. It is irritating when people expect me to do this or keep trying to convince me of perspectives that I've already visibly evaluated and decided I don't believe in.

In general, I like talking about people and psychology and relationships and literature and history and art as well. I prefer conversations that are focused on an exchange of ideas rather than on beating any particular point of view into the ground.

Mild and placid with occasional sparks of animation and a slightly caustic edge every now and then. Warm, concerned, and supportive when my sympathies are engaged, distant and passive when they're not.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I vote SEI.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thank you. This is very helpful. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.
    You're welcome.

I need plenty of privacy and space to be comfortable but I also need some constant element of human contact at low levels, otherwise I get isolated and sad. I don't place much of an emphasis on having stuff. If anything, having too much stuff around makes me uncomfortable because I hate clutter but don't feel capable of dealing with it myself. I like to hang out with friends occasionally but in small, low-key settings. I'm very timid around large numbers of unfamiliar people and end up wall-flowering or clinging frantically to the one person I do know at bigger parties.

I moved away from home when I was fairly young because while I love my family, I value my independence very highly and it is difficult to preserve around people who are that talkative, curious, and meddlesome. I have a hard time asserting boundaries so I prefer not to put myself in situations where they will likely be disrespected on a regular basis.
    Well to me this indicates introversion and an / preference, but not necessarily as I can relate to what you wrote as well to an extent and I'm an extravert.

I don't ENJOY debating per se, but I'm okay with it so long as the tone of the conversation isn't overtly confrontational. Some kind of cut and thrust does often result in the generation of interesting ideas and novel perspectives and I like that but I can't stand arguments over insignificant details that really don't matter in the greater scheme of things, or debates that are laced with personal hostility.

Usually, I enjoy debates that focus on philosophy, particularly anything that has to do with epistemology. It's not just interesting; it's also a great way to build mental muscle. I usually dislike debates that have to do with religion and politics. I'm prepared to listen to other people's views if they want to share them and will vigorously support their right to hold the views they do but I have my opinions on these matters and I'm happy with them and I don't feel the need to defend them constantly. It is irritating when people expect me to do this or keep trying to convince me of perspectives that I've already visibly evaluated and decided I don't believe in.

In general, I like talking about people and psychology and relationships and literature and history and art as well. I prefer conversations that are focused on an exchange of ideas rather than on beating any particular point of view into the ground.
    I think you're most likely an ethical type from what you've stated.

Mild and placid with occasional sparks of animation and a slightly caustic edge every now and then. Warm, concerned, and supportive when my sympathies are engaged, distant and passive when they're not.
    Interesting, I'd guess that you're most likely ethical and possibly introverted or intuitive.

From what you've told me I've narrowed down your type to SEI, IEE and EII.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Above hi-lights are a combination of Si and Ne.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Snaps

Fairylights, I believe you are SEI as well. Just as a quick heads-up... don't bother arguing with Maritsa on this forum... that will save you hours/months of your life.

First impression was SEI, I agree with Traveler, Ne/Si ethical introvert, then considered EII as others suggested. But I'm just not seeing it. Fi leading types, EIIs and ESIs, tend to be much shyer, more to-the-point, and less expressive. Here's an example of strong Si:

I guess it's because I'm not very visually oriented despite being very susceptible to beauty. There's a particular feeling that hits me when I'm walking someplace and I suddenly see someone or something that's aesthetically compelling ... a sort of spontaneous welling of appreciation, if you will.
    Practically textbook Si. Also, I want to point out the following quote, as it's a great combination of Si+Fe:

2) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
    I sat down one evening with a cup of coffee, plugged in my headphones, and put Darth Vader's theme on repeat on iTunes by way of motivation. A few minutes later, things clicked in my head and the words flowed and flowed and flowed for the next eighteen hours.

I put the last period on the last footnote, splayed my aching fingers and sobbed with relief when I was done.
    This is HUGE Si+Fe. SEIs really know how to set a mood, an environment, to help them feel better: coffee, music with headphones, describing the period, the aching in your fingers, all physical sensations...

That, plus your love for things aesthetically pleasing, gives me huge reason to think Si leading.

Also, notice how creative and LONG your writing is. An ESI or EII doesn't write in nearly that much detail! Also, your vivid style of expressing yourself also reminds me some of BnD... Bullets and Doves, Sam, who also enjoys writing. You share Fe, are expressive. Your joking about crying, 'sobbing', etc. You share your emotions very easily.

But my boyfriend is an ENTj!

*panics and freaks out*
    Like others mentioned, he may be ILE, and you two may easily be duals. Generally, it can save you months of frustration, to focus on typing yourself first, getting that right, before basing your relationships with others off of an ever-changing view of yourself.

Especially, if both of you are fairly new to socionics... I see just joining the forum this month, February 2012, in the past 6 days... take some time to get to know the functions. When you say 'Te POLR doesn't make sense for me, that can't be it'... do you know what Te POLR means? Sometimes it can take 6 months to know the nuances of the functions.

What I'm saying is keep an open mind. Especially if you're brand new. Some of us have been studying socionics for years, and have a lot of experience with typing people. Of course I'm not saying we're perfect... I may be wrong with SEI. That's always a possibility. But in my opinion, SEI makes a huge amount of sense at this point in time.

No strong opinion of your boyfriend after seeing a handful of posts... would like to see more to confirm a more accurate guess... but most obvious is logical...

But as for you, I say SEI.

Hope that helps!

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    Fairylights, I believe you are SEI as well. Just as a quick heads-up... don't bother arguing with Maritsa on this forum... that will save you hours/months of your life.

First impression was SEI, I agree with Traveler, Ne/Si ethical introvert, then considered EII as others suggested. But I'm just not seeing it. Fi leading types, EIIs and ESIs, tend to be much shyer, more to-the-point, and less expressive. Here's an example of strong Si:

Practically textbook Si. Also, I want to point out the following quote, as it's a great combination of Si+Fe:

This is HUGE Si+Fe. SEIs really know how to set a mood, an environment, to help them feel better: coffee, music with headphones, describing the period, the aching in your fingers, all physical sensations...

That, plus your love for things aesthetically pleasing, gives me huge reason to think Si leading.

Also, notice how creative and LONG your writing is. An ESI or EII doesn't write in nearly that much detail! Also, your vivid style of expressing yourself also reminds me some of BnD... Bullets and Doves, Sam, who also enjoys writing. You share Fe, are expressive. Your joking about crying, 'sobbing', etc. You share your emotions very easily.

Like others mentioned, he may be ILE, and you two may easily be duals. Generally, it can save you months of frustration, to focus on typing yourself first, getting that right, before basing your relationships with others off of an ever-changing view of yourself.

Especially, if both of you are fairly new to socionics... I see just joining the forum this month, February 2012, in the past 6 days... take some time to get to know the functions. When you say 'Te POLR doesn't make sense for me, that can't be it'... do you know what Te POLR means? Sometimes it can take 6 months to know the nuances of the functions.

What I'm saying is keep an open mind. Especially if you're brand new. Some of us have been studying socionics for years, and have a lot of experience with typing people. Of course I'm not saying we're perfect... I may be wrong with SEI. That's always a possibility. But in my opinion, SEI makes a huge amount of sense at this point in time.

No strong opinion of your boyfriend after seeing a handful of posts... would like to see more to confirm a more accurate guess... but most obvious is logical...

But as for you, I say SEI.

Hope that helps!
    Thanks! This is a super useful post and you've given me insight into some ideas that I hadn't previously considered. I'm definitely quite expressive through writing although not verbally (well, when I want to be ... the rest of the time I'm like a clam), I do like painting pictures with words, and I love art. I'll put SEI back in the list of candidates.

I've been reading about socionics for a few months now actually, maybe three or four and I still really do think I'm Te valuing. But there's definite food for thought here, and I'll think on it.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone told me yesterday that I'm quite evidently Ni-dom.

Le sigh. What does it all mean?!

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impression is SEI, but more data is needed for an educated guess.

What's so special about cats? Dogs are every bit as great as cats.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEI confirm.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LIE-Ni (Ne)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    SEI confirm.
    This doesn't make sense. She has stated her preference for rational thought, and her displeasure with introverted sensing. SEI would make her irrational and prefer the function she dislikes.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrRTR View Post
    This doesn't make sense. She has stated her preference for rational thought, and her displeasure with introverted sensing. SEI would make her irrational and prefer the function she dislikes.
    I don't dislike Si, per se, I'm just not good at it, I'm not good at recognizing what my body tells me and I'm definitely not good at recreating pleasant sensations for myself or others. I think it's a great thing to do, just not a role that I can play easily.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, Maritsa's just unreasonable about who gets to be Delta rationals. Go ahead and list EII as your sociotype.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Oh, Maritsa's just unreasonable about who gets to be Delta rationals. Go ahead and list EII as your sociotype.
    That would be a worse relation then if she were a conflict relations to LIE, bf.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't dislike Si, per se, I'm just not good at it, I'm not good at recognizing what my body tells me and I'm definitely not good at recreating pleasant sensations for myself or others. I think it's a great thing to do, just not a role that I can play easily.
    Ahh, so you can recognize when you're comfortable, which is a "state" and not recognize that you're Si?

You posted:

-

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, so you can recognize when you're comfortable, which is a "state" and not recognize that you're Si?

You posted:

Most if not all introverts feel uncomfortably when people crowd them and invade their personal space. This evidence is flimsy at best. You seem to have a distressing habit of concentrating on superficialities.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, if you're ADEPT at Si but don't do it often then you could go with ESI, but certainly not EII. Because only and ONLY!!! DEMONSTRATIVE Si can do what seems like base Si.
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, if you're ADEPT at Si but don't do it often then you could go with ESI, but certainly not EII.
    You've taken your case from base Si to creative Se in a matter of two posts. I hope you realize that there's something wrong with this picture.

Anyway, this is clearly a waste of our time, let's move on, okay?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I didn't change my typing of you. I suggested one you can try out.
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't change my typing of you. I suggested one you can try out.
    Try one out? What is this, the fitting room at JC Penney?

You're entitled to have any typing of me that you choose. You don't have to change one for my benefit. That's supremely hypocritical. So is peddling what you yourself consider misinformation, which is basically what you just admitted to doing.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Some people go through lots of types, trying each on for size and retrying others, upset that they can only get one.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Some people go through lots of types, trying each on for size and retrying others, upset that they can only get one.
    Not me. I'm looking for The One!! But it needs to fit really really well.

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No please don't associate this with JC Penney, because we cater to a mid to upmarket urban crowd and JC Penney is dreadfully suburban.

This forum is more akin to a H&M, Zara, Gap(but not old navy) and department stores such as Macy's.

Also this is a Urban Outfitter, Antropologie and Abercrombie and Fitch free zone. Punishment for American Eagle is death penalty.

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    No please don't associate this with JC Penney, because we cater to a mid to upmarket urban crowd with a and JC Penney is dreadfully suburban.

This forum is more akin to a H&M, Zara, Gap(but not old navy) and department stores such as Macy's.

Also this is a Urban Outfitter, Antropologie and Abercrombie and Fitch free zone. Punishment for American Eagle is death penalty.
    I'd like to talk to the manager please.

Kidding! Y'all have been really helpful and I appreciate it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're inviting people to give you suggestions on a type by opening this thread; aren't you "trying things out?"

And the above is rationality and rational thinking.

And, another tiny thing....Fi types ignore Fe. Yes, they ignore sarcastic remarks. No. I suppose it isn't JcPenny. They are a SERIOUS type who hardly joke around.
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're inviting people to give you suggestions on a type by opening this thread; aren't you "trying things out?"

And the above is rationality and rational thinking.
    No. I'm inviting opinions and assessing them according to my own internal standards. It's not the same thing. Also, I expect people to be sincere in offering their opinions. You've proved yourself incapable of doing so. I'm done talking to you about this since I can't trust what you say.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. I'm inviting opinions and assessing them according to my own internal standards. It's not the same thing. Also, I expect people to be sincere in offering their opinions. You've proved yourself incapable of doing so. I'm done talking to you about this since I can't trust what you say.
    Sounds Fe to me..."truth" and "trust"

I am done here. Leaving.
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekpyrosos View Post
    PWNT
    NO U.

Ahem. Well. Anyone else?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok, now to try out and see if you have Te PoLR; after this much time as passed since you've opened this thread:

1. Have you decided on a type for yourself?
    2. Was there a time that you had a type in mind for yourself?
    3. Have you been consistently doubting which type you are?
    -

TIM
    EII 4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, now to try out and see if you have Te PoLR; after this much time as passed since you've opened this thread:

1. Have you decided on a type for yourself?
    2. Was there a time that you had a type in mind for yourself?
    3. Have you been consistently doubting which type you are?
    No, no, no, I'm not getting into this with you again, the first argument was already a massive waste of my time and energy, so let's not do this, okay?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Krig, the following will explain this person is not EII:

Yes to Te-PoLR; most likely SEI because

1. you write fluidly and your expressions are not choppy and fragmented as they are with EII
    2. you describe yourself
    3. I'm not a procrastinator; I can't put things off; I don't have the ability to let things go and I have to resolve them.
    4. I seem like I'm spaced out; I'm more tunnel visioned than spaced out; the reason why I may seem like I'm spaced out is because I'm concentrating on one thing the thing that I'm doing very well
    5. You try to be funny “I come with my lady bits” is an attempt at a joke; I don't joke around; I'm very serious
    6. I'm very visually oriented; I stop to smell the roses and unlike you I can match symbols with concepts really easily.
    7. I am not an example person; I deal more easily in abstracts, unlike you and unlike an SEI
    8. But a good archetype is really hard to build and describe.* I am not bothered by an idea of an Archetype; I don't appreciate examples as much; If I were explaining something, I say this type or a Te does this, while a person who uses example might say “This person is this type, and in such-and-such situation, they reacted this way.”
    9. I don't feel uncomfortable with stuff around because I don't focus on objects; I live in my mind in the world of ideas.
    10. Knowledge isn't as interesting to me as feeling; you and I differ here because you prefer epistemology; I go by feeling in terms of saying “that guy doesn't feel right to me, I don't trust him and I won't vote for him.” My gut is the higher authority.
    11. I'm not caustic (which means sarcastic and critical) unlike you and those words are better used to describe someone of Fe valuing type.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Galatea's earlier display of disgust toward Maritsa as pretty strongly , with indications of valuing (with the talk of "misinformation" and such). By itself it would have tended toward ESI more than EII, but the earlier statements suggesting very weak outweigh that. Similarly... well, in general I agree with Krig's analysis, with the addition of what I just said. I'm placing my vote for EII.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

5. You try to be funny “I come with my lady bits” is an attempt at a joke; I don't joke around; I'm very serious
    Better don't say that out loud. You'll end up LSI.

11. I'm not caustic (which means sarcastic and critical) unlike you and those words are better used to describe someone of Fe valuing type.
    Well, that settles, decides and confims that people I have in my mind are in fact Fe valuing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast