Thread: The saddest song?

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The saddest song?

I'm curious how this divides people, if it does at all. On the one hand, it can be a rather bitterly maudlin piece, filled with sadness and longing; yet on the other it's a beautiful, tranquil piece of music. What is it to you?
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean piece of music, then.

Saddest piece of music...always tends to be bitter sweet. Overstated sadness kills it but if sadness is being covered up by something less...sad, it becomes that much more powerful.

Objectively speaking...well, there is no objective. "Tears in Heaven" is pretty sad in feel and more so for the content. There are too many sad pieces that are successfully moving to pick one, really. Some seem sadder than they really are simply because they are so moving. I don't think I could pick any one that stands out from the rest, to me. After all, some relate directly to context.

But for most moving compositions, I have to think to the game Mother 3. The music is very good at provoking precise emotions (though to get the experience, you have to actually be there playing the game):

i.e.:

Chopin's Etude in E Major also comes to mind (I am particular to the version(s) used in the Fullmetal Alchemist OST).

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is an urban myth that this song lead to multiple suicides after being listened to.
    It's dubbed "The Suicide Song", because of that.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I first heard "Waltzing Mathilda" I burst into tears because it sounded like someone walking off to be hanged. Unbearable.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.