Quote Originally Posted by BionicElmo View Post
We can't even agree on how we're going to deal with our debt problems...our government can't even keep the economy in line, which is arguably the only real purpose of government other than self-defense. I think there's too much for people to feel overwhelmed about to care about something like this.

Plus it's hard to care when no one cares to listen and those that do think it's the right thing to do. There are better battles to pick, perhaps in reducing our military occupations with the world, over worrying that laws have the potential to slippery slope into big brother. Anything can, Bardia. My concern with things like this is over whether we have the power to abolish these things if/when they get out of hand. And I think given the greater political freedoms this country has over much of the rest of the world, it isn't a problem.
These supposed "priorities" are a form of msidirection to real problems like this one - Im not saying the crisis isnt a real problem, but whats more important your freedom who your founding fathers and many others gave their blood for, or your government's debt?