Thread: Beta feeling My pov

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Beta feeling and +/- elements.

I'm running on time, so this isn't the best description of beta Fe.. anyway.. Some misunderstand Fe as merely visible emotion and enthusiasm, when it's not. In essence betas are seen as the most dramatic aswell as the epitome of romantic for preferring close focused intimacy & maximum intensity of feelings, whether negative OR positive.

From Sir Night's post "(- Fi) means that i'm willing to cut out negative relationships and I'm willing to remove myself from relationships that do me little good. That however, is very subserviant to (+Fe), the desire to enjoy the breadth of emotional experience."

We are inclined to display but don't attach much meaning to general social norms & niceties (- Fe). And, whilst understanding the inherent value of universal love, or humanitarianism (+Fi) it's not seen as serious concern. Managing the negative qualities of relations isn't the main concern of course, it's done when it doesn't contradict the emotional impact.; So, (-) is only valued in support of (+)..but wouldn't you agree it's obviously valued?

Model B has gr8 unappreciated significance.
    Last edited by Codie; 11-30-2011 at 04:00 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Enthusiasm is a character trademark of Fe expression towards a visible object/goal. If you're talking about Fe base, than what you're doing is far suppressing Fi in order to do Fe; if you're talking about Fe creative, then you're able to express Fi.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So tell me about this repressed humanitarianism of Fe base? I do not believe that it is repressed humanitarianism. No, I believe that it is more about repressing the basil subjectivity of feeling (liking or disliking) in favor of embracing a dialectic of emotional candor. Martin Luther should be the archtypical Fe base - certianly a EIE.

An Fe base stands as one man between God and the Devil. They want the Devil to come over for snacks... why not, for how better to unmask him! You must get in close to tear away the masks...

They are humanitarian, but they embrace paradox. They may (in the words of Leo Strauss,) "enter into evil in order to do good." They are justice seekers, however, they are Machavillian or Nietzschean in their approach to it. They FIRST seek to infiltrate, THEN take over, and LASTY, they will implement their humanitarian agenda. It is the sequence that is important to an Fe base.

Do you put your shoes and socks on?

Oh really, you do? Do you really do it in that order? Sequence is important. Socks first, then shoes. Fe bases never implement their Fi agenda until they are in charge. Until that time, they are diplomatic.

However, it is true that Fi for an Fe base is different. The dialectic of thesis/antithesis cannot be turned off. They embrace their inner darkness. They love it so...

The Fe/Ni types have a notion of Fi that is filtered through a fatalistic sense, it is never Fi alone, it is Fi enmeshed in madness! Hilter is EIE, Martin Luther is EIE, I would say that King David in the bible is EIE or maybe his son Solomon. The Psalms are dialectical - and the interplay of heartfelt passions seem to show the real nature of 7th function Fi grinding against 1st function Fe.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 11-30-2011 at 07:45 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So you're saying that Fi bases are likely to implement their agenda (humanitarian) without being in certain positions (of power/authority)? (if yes, then you're right.)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    So tell me about this repressed humanitarianism of Fe base? I do not believe that it is repressed humanitarianism. No, I believe that it is more about repressing the basil subjectivity of feeling (liking or disliking) in favor of embracing a dialectic of emotional candor. Martin Luther should be the archtypical Fe base - certianly a EIE.

An Fe base stands as one man between God and the Devil. They want the Devil to come over for snacks... why not, for how better to unmask him! You must get in close to tear away the masks...

They are humanitarian, but they embrace paradox. They may (in the words of Leo Strauss,) "enter into evil in order to do good." They are justice seekers, however, they are Machavillian or Nietzschean in their approach to it. They FIRST seek to infiltrate, THEN take over, and LASTY, they will implement their humanitarian agenda. It is the sequence that is important to an Fe base.

Do you put your shoes and socks on?

Oh really, you do? Do you really do it in that order? Sequence is important. Socks first, then shoes. Fe bases never implement their Fi agenda until they are in charge. Until that time, they are diplomatic.

However, it is true that Fi for an Fe base is different. The dialectic of thesis/antithesis cannot be turned off. They embrace their inner darkness. They love it so...

The Fe/Ni types have a notion of Fi that is filtered through a fatalistic sense, it is never Fi alone, it is Fi enmeshed in madness! Hilter is EIE, Martin Luther is EIE, I would say that King David in the bible is EIE or maybe his son Solomon. The Psalms are dialectical - and the interplay of heartfelt passions seem to show the real nature of 7th function Fi grinding against 1st function Fe.
    An extra thought, someone expressing Fe may do it to repress any sort of inner ties or close connection with those around him in order to maintain balanced relations. Disregarding the desire to infiltrate, Fe might seek to keep everybody as straight-faced and mild-mannered as possible.