Threaded View

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Massive Type-Me Thread

Okay this is a lot, but if anything isn't covered that you want to know, feel free to ask. I hear I'm pretty easy to type, but some people seem to think IEE over ILE so I threw this together in hopes of getting 'whys' and 'hows' from sources other than just my video.

Questions
    Pick 5 words or short phrases (or as many as you want, but no less than 5) to describe yourself, and explain.
    -I am quick. I am quick-witted and sarcastic, but also a quick learner. I don’t always remember things spatially unless I read them (I have an atrocious memory for my surroundings), but once I decide to learn it, I pick up on it very quickly and can retrieve it years later if need be. Unfortunately, I also tend to speed through things. I speed through work cutting corners if it doesn’t matter to me, and I quickly lose interest in something once I feel that I know enough of it or just get bored with where I am in it. I also enjoy and am good at problem-solving and puzzles. Usually if I don’t do well in them, it’s because I skipped over something obvious instead of just not being capable of that sort of thinking.

-Engaging. If I’m in a new group of people, I am usually cracking jokes (generally at my own expense, but I won’t say everyone gets away unscathed ). I don’t mind taking charge and motivating people. I’m an optimist, and I think that people generally get more work done when we have fun working together. I’m definitely a class clown, which probably helps to encourage the “fun” atmosphere. It also leads people to underestimate me, though. I usually have a few random facts or props stored in a pocket for when I go out.

-Independent. I have my own life and interests. I don’t need anyone else to do something. I am female, yet I manage to go to the bathroom without a pack. I don’t rely on other people or tell them my problems, and prefer to figure it out by myself. I got a great opportunity to study out-of-country and now I’m 4,000mi away from anyone I’m close to. I go to the movies by myself, I think I’m awesome, and, though I like to talk to people, don’t always need to be in constant contact with them. In fact, I’d probably prefer NOT to have to talk to people all the time. Extroverted or not, I definitely need my space to think.

-Straightforward. I am what I am and that is that. I’m very WYSIWYG. I don’t have any deep-dark secrets or hidden motivations, and I’m willing to talk to almost everyone about everything. I don’t bring it up, but if asked, I will generally answer and talk to them about my past, no matter how sordid. Even if I did some shameful things in the past, they’ve made me who I am. I also can be very blunt and straight to the point. I don’t like mincing words to save people’s feelings (that and I’m a terrible judge at telling when a “line” has been crossed in regards to emotions, especially when joking) when I can just be direct and get it done faster. Which you probably can’t tell judging from how wordy I’m being in this questionnaire. And my video.

-Knowledgeable-
    I know a lot of things. Once I learn something, I know it for a very long while. I’m also good at taking what I know and extrapolating on it. If someone asks something, I might not know the exact answer, but I can take what I DO know and somehow piece together bits and pieces to make a reasonable guess that more often than not turns out to be correct.

Now pick the direct opposite of those and explain how you could be the opposite, and what could be good about it.

-The opposite of quick is slow. I can be slow when I don’t want to do something. I hate feeling boxed in or like I’m being constrained by obligation in any way, spoken or unspoken. I can be slow at making decisions, because I generally don’t care what we do as long as it’s fun/exciting/novel.

-The opposite of engaging is disconnected. Which I can also be a lot. I can be incredibly superficially charming, but sometimes I just float off into my own little world for a little while or say something that seems utterly non-sequitur to those around me. Sometimes, I also get tired of talking and need to retreat a bit. And a lot of time I come off as scatterbrained, too, and that could be related to ‘disconnected’. Also, if I’m in a one-on-one situation, I’m totally different. I can entertain a group, but if it’s just me and someone else, I’m a completely different person. Very awkward, always saying the wrong things, nervous, etc. I need multiple points of data to play off of and engage the crowd, I guess.

-The opposite is dependent. I guess I’m financially dependent? I owe the government my life in loans. Hmm. And I always need new things to learn/think about, so I’m dependent on outside sources for that (yay internet?) I can spend hours laying around thinking about something new and how it all pieces together, but once I feel that I know it thoroughly, I need something else.

-The opposite of straightforward is roundabout. If I am lying about something (which happens on occasion.,) I’m good at picking words in such a way that I don’t outright lie. Not because I have any qualms about it, but I know it’s easier to stick as close to the truth as possible. And if it comes up, I can just tell I never lied, which is true, so it’s a way of covering my bases. Also, if someone asks me something that I’m not comfortable about doing/answering, I can be very roundabout in how I answer. I can talk circles around something to the point that the inquirer doesn’t even realize I didn’t answer.

-The opposite of knowledgeable is ignorant. Ignorance is just not knowing something, and there is a lot out there that I don’t know. I’m working on changing that, but more and more keeps developing. Plus, some things I’m just not very interested in and don’t explore, so I remain ignorant of those. I have little-to-no interest in the workings of electronics, for instance, but how we see and categorize color in languages across cultures....mmmpfff. Sorry, I got a little excited for a minute.
    I’m also pretty ignorant at how people feel a lot of the time. I can’t tell the emotional states of people unless...well, generally unless they tell me. If someones crying, I can probably guess that they’re upset, but anything other than that I have no idea. I’d much rather just have someone tell me their state so I can adjust accordingly.

3) What are your interests? Why?
    This week? It switches up a lot. I guess an over-arching interest is why people behave the way they behave, which encompasses everything from cultural motivations to behavioral genetics. I also like looking at bones and archaeology (or at least one would hope I’m interested in it, since that’s what I’m studying.) The “why” is probably just because we are unique to this planet and it’s fascinating that we’re capable of such amazing things, but also terrible, nonsensical things at the same time. And I’m supposedly a part of this group.

What do you want out of life?
    Variety. I’d like to be able to do a lot of different things, even if I don’t make an impact on the world with any of them. I don’t really think anyone really changes things, so as long as I’m happy and enjoying myself, that’s a life best fulfilled.

What can you not do, because it might jeopardize your survival?

See, here’s that ridiculous question. I also can’t do a menial office job. :\ I’ve tried, and that would jeopardize my survival in the most literal sense. And I can’t be chained down to anything/anyone. I just wanna be free, baby! I also have trouble opening up to people emotionally. Everything with me probably comes off as shallow on the surface because it takes a long time and I have to be approached in just the right way for anyone to know how I really feel about something. It’s something I’m trying to get over, but I really think it just leads me to talk about emotions in a sciencey way instead of an emotional one and just sounds really fake.

What do you like in other people? Why?
    Excitement/passion about something. It doesn’t matter what, but I really enjoy listening to people teach me about something they love. Oh, and they have to be able to deal with political incorrectness and able to handle being the butt of a joke. I show affection by making fun of people.

What do you dislike in other people? Why?
    I dislike people who are satisfied with the mediocre and have no ambition in life. It’s fine if you’re just doing something so that you can get a job because that counts as a goal. But I hate people who are content with not going anywhere.

What would your ideal partner be like?
    Someone who can give me feedback on ideas. Only about 1-in-6 of my ideas are actually good and plausible, but I can’t tell which one is the good one when I get on a roll. Someone grounding. They have to be able to listen to me rant and go off on a monologue of “what if” and “what could be” but then just make me stop when I get too wound up. Someone to remind me that I need to shower or sleep when I’ve been up for days because I really, really want to draw pictures for every bone and landmark in the human body, but also just brings me some pizza when I need a break from this. Someone who encourages me to be open emotionally, specifically by being patient. It takes me a while to find words, but the right environment and encourage that. It generally helps if they’re open as well; that’s something I really respect in other people because it’s the hardest thing for me to do, but some people do it with such ease. And someone who understands, or at least tries to understand, my abstractions in the way I think. Oh, and I would love it if they could teach me something about anything. I’m specifically enamored with people who are artists and/or can make things with their hands, even if it’s just like changing a tire. Age and appearance mean next to nothing.

Do you enjoy comfort, sensory indulgence, relaxation? Are you physically hedonistic (parties, dancing, binges, good eating, etc.)? Do you focus finely on physical sensations, carefully savoring them?
    This is one of those questions that I feel like I need to expand on, but there aren’t really any words other than “no”. I enjoy some things, but I don’t “focus finely” on any physical sensation at all. I have to force myself to “be in the moment” because my mind always feels like it’s three steps ahead. And not in the psychic Ni way, but a scattered, disorganized way.

Do you find yourself neglecting bodily concerns and pushing your body beyond reasonable limits (like skipping sleep or meals or the like)? If so, do you appreciate being encouraged to slow down and take care of yourself, or does it make you feel annoyed or mollycoddled?
    -Yes, I do neglect my body. I have oftentimes forgotten to eat or sleep because I’d be so wrapped up in something and not realize it til I pass out or double-over in hunger pain.
    -I appreciate non-verbal encouragement to slow down. I don’t like having someone just tell me that I need to stop and go do something or go to bed or eat (I’m guessing it’s back to the control issues), but if they’re just bringing me a sandwich or putting a blanket over me so I realize I’m tired, then I accept and appreciate it. Otherwise, I could stay up for days. And I have. But I got a lot done.

11) Do you focus more on what you need to take care of at the moment, or on the end goal? Do you prefer an attitude of leaving no stone left unturned, or do you only focus on what you feel is necessary to reach your end goals? Are you thorough or sloppy? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
    -I focus more on the end goal. As in, I think more about it. Oftentimes, I’ll think about it so much that I keep adding things to make it MORE AWESOME without realizing how much work that actually entails and then run out of steam before I’m almost completes. And I only focus on what I need to achieve my goals, though usually more sloppy than thorough. I’m not very detail-oriented, and appreciate it when other people don’t get so bogged down in the details that they can’t get the general point across.

Are you forever chasing after new ideas and possibilities, or do you prefer dreaming up imaginative scenarios and fully fleshed-out plans? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
    -I think both apply to me? I am always chasing after new ideas and possibilities. I dream about them and then flesh out plans on how to get there, though I would never call them “fully” fleshed out. For instance, if I’m planning a trip, I’ll plan how I’m getting there and (sometimes) where I’m staying and I’ll have a few ideas of what I want to do when I get there, but any more in-depth planning would really ruin the fun of it.

Do you look for the hidden implications of concepts in analysis, and what they lead to? Or do you prefer to examine how concepts relate to each other? If neither applies to you, which do you prefer in other people?
    -How they relate to each other. I like having two ideas or theories and then comparing and contrasting to see how they each affect things differently and the implications of each to, ideally, determine which is better. Or how to combine them so that there is an even better theory that explains everything. I hate it when people insist on using a theory even though there are inconsistencies. “It works in this context but applying it to this one doesn’t work...” just stfu. It’s not a universal theory in that case. Sorry, it’s a sore issue. But um, definitely how concepts relate to one another.

Do you solve all variables, difficulties and contingencies as they come up? Or do you prefer to pick the most likely outcome or most likely conclusion and plan with it in mind?
    This is a hard question. I come up with all possibilities possible, then figure out which one is more likely and go with that when faced with a problem. If I’m making a plan or something, however, I have my end goal in mind and come up with all the ways that it could go wrong, and then plan how to make them get back on par for the course.

15) Are you prone to uncertainty or indecisiveness? When you have multiple opportunities to choose from, do you analyze them all? Or do you want to cut out the ones that aren’t likely or are least likely; pick just one?
    If I don’t have an opinion, I can be indecisive because I genuinely don’t care. But first I analyze everything and decide which one is the best logically and go with that. I start off by narrowing it down to what is Obviously Not Likely if nothing immediately jumps out at me and go from there.

16) Are you open to any avenue that might offer potential opportunities? Or do you prefer to make sure the odds are in favor of a new avenue bringing benefits?

The latter. I like to try new things, but I’m careful about the risks. I’m not going to just jump into something when there is a 50% chance of failure. Unless there is a 50% chance I get $100,000,000,000,000 and then the other 50% is having my hair cut a few inches.

17) Are you assertive? Aggressive? Do you like it when other people are?

I’m very much assertive. I don’t seem to be, but if shit needs to get done, I have no problem being the one to get it done, especially if it’s important (ie, the wellbeing of a friend is at stake.) I’m generally not aggressive, and even when people are aggressive to me, I tend to be more stable/assertive. I don’t really like when other people are aggressive, and I’m iffy on the assertiveness. There is such thing as too much and sometimes when other people are assertive, it just leads to us butting heads, but I don’t like it when others are passive and roll over on their backs at every turn, either.

Are you able to relax? Or are you restless and fidgety?
    I tend towards restless and fidgety. I can sit still and nap, but as for just sitting around...I really can’t. I’m always doing multiple things at the same time, even if it’s just watching TV and being on the computer, or reading a book while I’m smoking. If I’m stuck having to do only one thing, I do get fidgety.

Do you prefer concepts, principles, rules, procedures, etc. to be precise and lack ambiguity, or do you prefer simple solutions that offer (or as long as they offer) greater efficiency and productivity?

I like generalities. Too many details and it gets tedious and boring. Give me a few things and let me get a general idea on how to use it and apply it as I see fit. The more efficient something is, the better.

20) Are you a practical person in general? Elaborate.

-It....depends. I think I’m practical, but I’m often told that I’m not. I tend to bite off more than I can chew with things and then fizzle out halfway through.

21) Are you passionate? Emotional? Given to performance or histrionics? Do you enjoy those qualities in other people?

I get passionate about certain things in short bursts. Unfortunately it’ll burn fast and quick and then just burn out and I’ll find something new. I’m good at holding an audience and being charming and making people like me, but I wouldn’t say I’m over dramatic or prone to drama in the least. I wouldn’t mind someone who was excited about different topics, but I would prefer them to be able to teach me. As for the being charming and likable, I feel like that’s competition, really. As for other people+drama...I don’t mind listening to it so long as I’m not in the middle of it. I think it’s more of the “why people do what they do” interest that I have.

22) Are you aware of when you're stepping on other peoples' toes, or offend them? When you're not liked?
    No, I’m not aware of when I’m stepping on toes or offending some one. As for when I’m not liked, I have no idea, which makes the weird “we’re acquaintances but not friends yet” phase a real pain for me. I have to be directly told “Hey, I like to hang out with you. Let’s go do something. It sounds like a lot of fun.” I tend to just assume that people don’t really like me unless they tell me otherwise. It makes it easier in the long run.

23) Are you sensitive to others being emotionally hurt or offended?
    I’m bad at changing who I am to fit circumstances, so I do tend to “go to far” or step on toes. I try to understand that people react differently to different things, but mainly I can’t help but think that they really shouldn’t be so sensitive. I usually try to make sure everyone gets along and I crack jokes and make sure everyone is happy, but if I make a joke and someone is offended, I won’t apologize. If it’s a situation where I have to apologize, I twist it around and say that I’m sorry they were offended, but I won’t be sorry that they took a joke in an insulting way. Basically, I hate apologizing. Especially when people are being unreasonable about something.

24) Would you say that the status of your personal relationships with people, your distance to them, is an important criterion for guiding your behavior?
    Yes? Maybe? I’m not quite sure what this question is asking.

Pictures
    Not a lot of candid photos, I apologize, but hopefully here is a range:
    On the left; brown coat
    Fedora
    My natural environment
    On the right
    Most recent
    Archaeologist at work

Video
    Last edited by bg; 11-20-2011 at 04:34 PM.