TIM
    enfp (maybe infj)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink INFJ: about me

Hello All,
    I would like to introduce myself. I often test as an INTJ, but I think I am INFJ. I think male INFJs often come across as INTJ. I love art, but am also interested in just about every subject imaginable, however, the "hard" sciences intimidate me. I easily learn new concepts and principles. Ever since I was a little kid, I have wanted to write a novel. I am a good writer (excluding my terrible spelling), and am one of the few people I know who enjoys writing school papers. I was an over-achiever in high school and graduated with 30 college credit hours, but since I've begun college, I have been quite lazy--I am definitely static, I have the greatest difficulty beginning to work, but once I do I can go without food and water to achieve my ends.

I was a fairly emotionally disturbed child. My parents often mention how when someone around me was hurt, I would cry more than they did. I have empathized with all the characters good and bad, even the devil. I remember having a conversation with my dad in which I said I thought it was unfair that Satan was stuck in hell, that perhaps he desired to be a better person. I have great difficulty refusing people when they ask for help; when bums on the street ask for money, i don't know how to respond.

I like my hair long; mine is curly and brown, people (usually 11 year old girls) say I look like Nick Jonas. I don't pay much attention to my clothing, wearing the same over and over again. However, I'm quite self-critical, and expect perfection in all I do. With other people, its a different story.

Its silly to assume INFJs are always empathetic people. Over the years, I have formed emotional detachment from the people around me. I am always ethical and sensitive to how I treat others, but I can be quite tolerant of other people's inappropriate behavior, especially if I have known them a very long time. When behavior we see as unethical is openly accepted in society, one must build up some kind of emotional barrier or go INSANE. I have inert ethics, I create emotional "anchors", entertaining myself with the same song, book, or movie repetitively.

Well that's a summary of my behavior. Thanks for reading.

Sam

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome!

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    i've always thought of the devil as a fairly sympathetic fellow. "god" gets all the good stuff, all the credit for everything good one does (nevermind about 'free will') and all. devil doesn't seem to have too much of a choice: he kinda sets you up for failure, but really deep down wants to be proven wrong
    These have been my thoughts for a while too. I see the classical depiction of Satan as far exaggerated when considering how he is described in the bible himself. He doesn't really do anything that bad, and certainly not compared to what YHWH did. samhclayton, sounds like you should be a universalist if that floats your boat.

I have often empathized with evil characters too, moreso than the characters who are supposed to be considered good. Perhaps this is why I have such an attraction to plots which prominently feature antiheroes as the protagonists. That, and those few works which manage to show morality in the grey, as it actually is. Perhaps just a single shade of grey, even.

Anyway, welcome.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

welcome o/

Quote Originally Posted by samhclayton View Post
    I like my hair long; mine is curly and brown, people (usually 11 year old girls) say I look like Nick Jonas. ...
    so ... how many 11 year old girls are you acquainted with?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome aboard
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Sam,

You sound a lot like me.

I have a question:

What is your aim in life?
    What do you hope to achieve with your understanding of Socionics?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invasion of the INFJs.

Welcome.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI