Thread: Which self-typings have you gone through?

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which self-typings have you gone through?

Inspired by the "Factors behind common mistypings." by Krig. I am wondering what types have you considered or still considering?

Moi? (ILI) limited understanding of I thought polr could make sense. (EII) Newbie, translating MBTI into socionics. very confusing.
    (LSI) I thought I VI'd like one & rationalized a base/ HA swap with supressed . (IEI) Inter-type, strengths & weaknesses fit.
    Last edited by Codie; 10-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only IEI. I've considered EII, but that would make me duals with my obvious LSE dad, which I'm not. Considered ILI and SEI but I'm definitely not either of those. IEI always wins out

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I only ever typed eii. unless you count the first couple weeks I "tried on" iei because I related to ni and thought the descriptions fit me more reasonably than eii descriptions which sounded stodgy.

Creepy-Snaps

First LSE, then ILE, then SLE, then ESE, then LSE again, then ESXj, then LSI, then back to ESE. Considered many other types, but not strongly enough to self-type as them.
    Last edited by Snaps; 10-12-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Only SLI before registering and, actually, paying attention to socionics...

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started out EII (mbti test p/j switch) then started self typing as an SEI. I've toyed with pretty much all of the IP types in my head, and thought about LII a little, but I always come back to SEI. It never takes too long.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I had a ENTP typing in MBTI in my earlier twenties. I tested ILI/LII when I first learned socionics and sort of waffled a bit for a few days, then I realized I was ILE and not a introtim, just socially introverted at the time.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI and ILI....

At other times I type ILI.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought about being INFj and INTp for a bit in my first two years, but never explicitly committed to any typing other than INTj.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always believed I'm ENFp although I sometimes struggled hard and hoped to be ESFj (at the times when I was in a relationship with INTj). Many people used to type me ISFp and ESFj on this forum. I identify strongly with Delta but also with Alpha sometimes...

Creepy-Snaps

I like how all the Ne-valuers mention they've considered multiple types, or identified with several different types, but all the Ni-valuers say things like "only" one type, or brag how they've not been swayed by other ideas. Hahaha

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All four IP types, Beta ST, SEE, EIE, Delta NF. I think that covers it. IP temperament remains what I'm "sure" of basically.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I first considered myself ESTj, then after a while I thought I might be LSE, then I decided I must be ESTj-Te. Then I went back to LSE. Now I'm LSE-Te.

I know. I'm so wishy-washy.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came in as ENFP and took to IEE. I later typed IEI, partly due to wanting to be, partly because others suggested it, and partly because some of it made sense. After a while, I gravitated toward EII. I now call myself EII, with no "tentative" before it. I still question it every so often, but that's just what I do. I keep IEE open as a possibility, but base seems more likely.

Enneagram: Started out 4. I recently settled into 6. Tritype would be 6-4-8.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I originally typed myself as ILE because when I was young, I was very competitive and very curious as well as a veracious reader and gatherer of ideas and insights into things. But, my mom told me that this couldn't be a good fit because I have the biggest heart for people and my strive was always with the purpose of helping them. She said that ILE's intelligence coupled with needing someone else to think of the how of things for me (cause and effect) was what I was, an EII. I always had a soft and sensitive heart and cried quit easily and was deemed as interdependent by many of my teachers. My mom was right, I kept a journal and crossed referenced that with good descriptions and all of it fit quite well.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Your mom knows Socionics?

Me: EII --> That, or IEE, or something else, or maybe that, or maybe not that, or maybe IEE, probably, I think.
    Yes, she was a lot of help when I first typed myself, but then I have a very close bond with my family and friends so most of them know Socionics by now.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Yes, she was a lot of help when I first typed myself, but then I have a very close bond with my family and friends so most of them know Socionics by now.
    What's your mum type Martisa?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First came in as SEI. Then IEI. Then EIE. Then IEE. Then ILE. Then LII. Then SLE.

Then SLI. Then IEI. Then EIE. Then SLE.

Then ILI. Then ILE. Then LSE. Then SLI. Then SLE. Then LIE.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauluch View Post
    What's your mum type Martisa?
    ILI and my dad is SLI; they are Look-a-like relations
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought IEE.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Started out self-typing as a Gamma Extratim, leaning a bit further to LIE than SEE; from there, I sat on SEE, flopped around on subtype a bit, and went with Se-SEE. I've considered other non-Alpha Irrational typings (SLI's the one burning in my mind right now), though not strongly enough to dislodge Se-SEE.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Started in Gamma quadra then never went back. Typed IEI, seriously considered SEI, IEE and ILE. Current type in the air.

E9 -> 5 -> 4 -> 9 -> 4.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    Your mom knows Socionics?

Me: EII --> That, or IEE, or something else, or maybe that, or maybe not that, or maybe IEE, probably, I think.
    I wanted to say also, that my mom, being a perceptive type, criticized me for my subconscious function because she perceives the happenings, which were me not organizing and managing time.

I, in turn criticized her for her conscious functions, which were her pressures for me to act with her tuition about things that might happen with regards to time.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-15-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

None actually. One day I took an MBTI test and started browsing through different type profiles just for fun. The thing that caught my eye within those profiles were cognitive functions, so I proceeded to read up on these from different sources. After that there was little doubt that my own type is Ni-dominant. Fe/Ti took a bit longer to figure out since there are many misconceptions concerning F/T dichotomy, but luckily I was reading something on game theory concurrently which helped piece it all together. Crossing over to socionics from MBTI was simple as I only had to switch a few definitions around. Contrary to popular conception of MBTI as "the devil" on this board there are some things it covers that Socionics doesn't, as such I see these two systems as complimentary rather than mutually exclusive to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post
    Moi? (ILI) limited understanding of I thought polr could make sense. (EII) Newbie, translating MBTI into socionics. very confusing.
    (LSI) I thought I VI'd like one & rationalized a base/ HA swap with supressed . (IEI) Inter-type, strengths & weaknesses fit.
    Getting a better understanding of cognitive functions is what did it for me too. I find that typing by profiles is rather meh because so many people don't fall into their 'designated' stereotype. Inter-type relations often fail to manifest as predicted, even Russians have said as much, so anyone typing themselves via inter-types is more likely to get it wrong.