Thread: ILE and dressing the same way every day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ILE and dressing the same way every day...

Here's my list of ILE who dressed the same way every day; I've obtained this information from autobiographies and bios...

Steve Jobs
    Albert Einstein
    Sigmund Freud
    Monk

http://hishersq8.com/wp-content/uplo...10/07/jobs.jpg

Anyone else?

Why is this? Is it because they don't want to have to worry about this because it's just a covering?

http://www.pep-web.org/document.php?....045.r0003.jpg

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...reud-large.jpg
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dress the same way every day! Weird.

It might just have something to do with little care to how you appear to others. No coincidence it might have a higher rate of occurrence in Se problem types, but I could see any NT doing the same.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I dress the same every day, have for 15 years. But my style has evolved with the times.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    Most people show a clear pattern with their clothing which involves dressing the same way or very similarly each and every day. Not often really does someone take a huge risk with their clothing and if they do they are usually youngish.

Gone are my days of wearing lace-up dark leather corsets, black nail polish and black fishnet stockings! (note that even in this description the pattern here is the colour black).

Most days now for the last I don't know how many years I have worn the same kind of long black skirt, boots in winter, sandals in summer & cardigans of various shades. Sometimes I even buy 2 of the same skirt etc when I find one that I like to save me from having to go out shopping looking for another later. Throwing a different coloured and styled scarf around my neck is probably what I do to add some variety.
    I think it's more about exact same identical articles of clothing or almost identical.

My closet is basically the same shirt/pants repeated 10-20 times.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

i dunno most people seem to dress pretty similarly day to day ..

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shayley View Post
    Right now I am wearing a totally black long skirt which I own 2 of, a pair of ankle boots of which I own 2 of in different colours, black socks of which I own about 6 identical pairs and a top which I also have an identical of in another colour.

I am about to head out for the afternoon so am just about to choose a cardigan to wear...um which one shall I choose the black, light grey, dark grey, purple or dark blue of the exact same style cardigan, lol!

I also wear a little black watch which often it seems I break or lose so when I ever need a new one, guess what - yes it is replaced with as close a replica as I can find and thankfully I think this present watch is the third identical of it's kind to be placed upon my wrist.
    I own black shirts(all the same unless it's discontinued), khaki/olive/grey/black pants, black shoes, black belts. I don't own anything else that I wear.

I've basically never worn anything else except the occasional suit on formal occasions in the last 15 years. People I work with actually keep up with what I wear, since the last time I worn a brown shirt, they marked it on the calendar. The day Hkkmr didn't wear black.

Not sure if it's type related, since I don't think of Steve Jobs as ILE.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm sort of internally conflicted on this topic. i like the idea of experimenting with clothing a lot in an abstract sense, but i hate the social part of it where people notice you're wearing something "new" and you have to hear out their opinion on it and act like you care and/or take opinions in account in future dressing decisions. so in the end i mostly just end up going "bah, humbug, i'm wearing something normal, are you happy" and forget about the whole thing.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, now you've just completely contradicted your posts about me being SEI because of this thread. If we're saying that only ILE's dress the same way every single day, then I'm ILE.

But seriously, I do pretty much dress the same way on a daily basis. At work I will wear black slacks, a top, and my coat. Outside of work, I wear jeans and a top. Being "fashionable" isn't really necessary for me. As long as I don't walk out of the house looking like a complete slob, I'm content. I wear what I'm comfortable in, and that's jeans/pants; though, I will occasionally venture out and put on a dress if I'm feeling extra "girly." It gets noticed though, since I very rarely do it. Some days I'm fine with the, "OMG! You look so cute in that dress, why don't you dress that way more often" talk, but other days my way of thinking is just, 'please stfu and let me enjoy my new dress in peace.'

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Here's my list of ILE who dressed the same way every day; I've obtained this information from autobiographies and bios...

Steve Jobs
    Albert Einstein
    Sigmund Freud
    Monk

http://hishersq8.com/wp-content/uplo...10/07/jobs.jpg

Anyone else?

Why is this? Is it because they don't want to have to worry about this because it's just a covering?

http://www.pep-web.org/document.php?....045.r0003.jpg

http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/...reud-large.jpg
    Please also add:

Ronald McDonald
    Adam & Eve
    Prison Inmates

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

and

LOL
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi-polr answer

I wear the same threads everyday until they are destroyed because I cannot afford to care about stupid things. I am interested in Science, History, Art or female volleyball players, but I don't give a fuck about fashion.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Fi-polr answer

I wear the same threads everyday until they are destroyed because I cannot afford to care about stupid things. I am interested in Science, History, Art or female volleyball players, but I don't give a fuck about fashion.
    heeheee nice!!!!!
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerorobyn View Post
    See, now you've just completely contradicted your posts about me being SEI because of this thread. If we're saying that only ILE's dress the same way every single day, then I'm ILE.

But seriously, I do pretty much dress the same way on a daily basis. At work I will wear black slacks, a top, and my coat. Outside of work, I wear jeans and a top. Being "fashionable" isn't really necessary for me. As long as I don't walk out of the house looking like a complete slob, I'm content. I wear what I'm comfortable in, and that's jeans/pants; though, I will occasionally venture out and put on a dress if I'm feeling extra "girly." It gets noticed though, since I very rarely do it. Some days I'm fine with the, "OMG! You look so cute in that dress, why don't you dress that way more often" talk, but other days my way of thinking is just, 'please stfu and let me enjoy my new dress in peace.'
    We're talking about the same style for decades.
    -

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're talking about the same style for decades.
    I'd say that's something more common among LSE. Unless you're talking about styles that never really go out of style like jeans and t-shirts in which case it's not type related.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    I'd say that's something more common among LSE. Unless you're talking about styles that never really go out of style like jeans and t-shirts in which case it's not type related.
    I would say that, LSE are more inclined to hold on to old styles rather than have a similar style all the time; the difference being is that an LSE will have varies shades and styles of clothing and will want to wear them for a long time, whereas an ILE will wear maybe the same color clothes all the time with very little concern for variation and very little interest in other colors/objects of visual stimulation when it comes to clothing and outfits. I have seen SEE women be attracted to black outfits but of many styles and varieties, this is still Se base; an Ne base is more like the picture of Steve Jobs in the OP.
    -

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen SEE women be attracted to black outfits but of many styles and varieties, this is still Se base; an Ne base is more like the picture of Steve Jobs in the OP.
    What rubbish you speak.

From what I understand SEE women are more attracted to red and vibrant clothing so what you are stating above is unfounded. I am sure that Ekaterina Filatova in her book Understanding the People Around you, writes about them liking bright coloured clothing with red being a favourite.

Also any and probably every type can like dark clothing including the EII.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ale_and_female
    But with age generally they begin to select in essence anything slightly dark and imperceptible.

base is also not a definite for Steve Jobs type.

If you are going to start the subtle and not so subtle attacks on me again I am just going to put you on ignore straight away this time.
    I cannot be bothered with your jealousy that I may be an EII and as always you try to force SEE upon me when you get worried about this and then the nastiness gets worse.
    You take no note that nothing about the SEE type fits me, especially the base.

So your call...shall I just hit that ignore button now or do you still wish to interact?
    Last edited by Hays; 10-15-2011 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Steve Jobs was EIE, Monk is ILI.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by good things come in 3s
    Steve Jobs was EIE, Monk is ILI...
    and Maritsa is stupid.

*EII ops sorry slipped

Quote Originally Posted by Slater
    Fi-polr answer

True Fi-PoLR Answer:

I walk around naked, like Robyn, because I can't bother putting on clothes. I'm so freakin' happy that she wears the same thing everyday cos I do too. We also live in a glass house.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!