0 0%

Thread: Louise Hay

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Louise Hay

Louise Hay: Fe-ENFj (Dominant subtype) [ENFj-ESFj] or ESE-Fe (Dominant subtype)

http://hemachandra.com/LouiseHay.aspx

- from Experience Your Good Now!: Learning to Use Affirmations by Louise L. Hay; pp. 1-2 (Chapter 1 – Introduction): Doing affirmations is not hard work. It can be a joyous experience as you lift the burden of old negative beliefs and release them back to the nothingness from whence they came.
    Just because we’ve believed something negative about ourselves or about our lives does not mean that there is any truth to it. As children, we hear negative things about ourselves and about life and we accept these ideas as if they’re true. Now, we’re going to examine the things we’ve believed and make a decision to either continue to believe them because they support us and make our life joyful and fulfilled, or make the decision to release them. I like to imagine that I’m letting go of old beliefs by dropping them into a river, and they gently drift downstream and dissolve and disappear, never to return again.

- pp. 3-4 [Chapter 2 (What Are Affirmations?)]: For those of you who aren’t familiar with affirmations and have never worked with them, I’d like to explain a little about what they are and how they work. Very simply, an affirmation is anything you say or think. A lot of what people normally say and think is quite negative and doesn’t create good experiences. You have to retrain your thinking and speaking into positive patterns if you want to heal your life.
    An affirmation opens the door. It’s a beginning point on the path to change. In essence, you’re saying to your subconscious mind: “I am taking responsibility. I am aware that there is something I can do to change.” When I talk about doing affirmations, I mean consciously choosing words that will either help eliminate something from your life or help create something new in your life.
    Every thought you think and every word you speak is an affirmation. All of your self-talk, your internal dialogue, is a stream of affirmations. You’re using affirmations every moment whether you know it or not. You’re affirming and creating your life experiences with every word and thought.
    Your beliefs are merely habitual thinking patterns that you learned as a child. Many of them work very well for you. Other beliefs may be limiting your ability to create the very things you say you want. What you want and what you believe you deserve may be very different. You need to pay attention to your thoughts so that you can begin to eliminate the ones creating experiences you do not want in your life.
    Please realize that every complaint is an affirmation of something you think you don’t want in your life. Every time you get angry, you’re affirming that you want more anger in your life. Every time you feel like a victim, you’re affirming that you want to continue to feel like a victim. If you feel that Life isn’t giving you what you want, then it’s certain that you will never have the goodies that Life gives to others – that is, until you change the way you think and talk.
    You’re not a bad person for thinking the way you do. You’ve just never learned how to think and talk. People throughout the world are just now beginning to learn that thoughts create experiences. Your parents probably didn’t know this, so they couldn’t possibly teach it to you. They taught you how to look at life in the way that their parents taught them. So nobody is wrong. However, it’s time for you to wake up and begin to consciously create your life in a way that pleases and supports you.

- pp. 6-7 (Creating Affirmations): It’s important for you to always say your affirmations in the present tense, and without contractions. (Although I use contractions throughout the running text of my books, I never use them in affirmations, since I don’t want to diminish their power.) For example, typical affirmations would start: “I have . . .” or “I am . . .” If you say, “I am going to . . .” or “I will have . . .,” then your thought stays out there in the future. The Universe takes your thoughts and words very literally and gives you what you say you want. Always. This is another reason to maintain a happy mental atmosphere. It’s easier to think in positive affirmations when you feel good.
    Think of it this way: Every thought you think counts, so don’t waste your precious thoughts. Every positive thought brings good into your life. Every negative thought pushes good away; it keeps it just out of your reach. How many times in your life have you almost gotten something good and it seemed to be snatched away at the last moment? If you could remember what your mental atmosphere was like at those times, you’d have the answer. Too many negative thoughts create a barrier against positive affirmations.
    If you say, “I don’t want to be sick anymore,” this is not an affirmation for good health. You have to state clearly what you do want: “I accept perfect health now.” “I hate this car” does not bring you a wonderful new car because you’re not being clear. Even if you do get a new car, in a short time you’ll probably hate it, because that’s what you’ve been affirming. If you want a new car, then say something like this: “I have a beautiful new car that suits all of my needs.”
    You’ll hear some people saying, “Life sucks!” (which is a terrible affirmation). Can you imagine what experiences that statement will attract to you? Of course, it isn’t life that sucks, it’s your thinking that sucks. That thought will help you feel terrible. And when you feel terrible, no good can come into your life.
    Don’t waste time arguing for your limitations: poor relationships, problems, illnesses, poverty, and so on. The more you talk about the problem, the more you anchor it in place. Don’t blame others for what is seemingly wrong in your life – that’s just another waste of time. Remember, you’re under the laws of your own consciousness, your own thoughts, and you attract specific experiences to you as a result of the way you think.

- pp. 10-14 [Chapter 3 (Affirmations for Health)]: Be very clear that your body is always trying to maintain a state of optimal health, no matter how badly you treat it. If you take good care of your body, it will reward you with vibrant health and energy.
    I believe that we contribute to every “illness” in our body. The body, as with everything else in life, is a mirror of our inner thoughts and beliefs. Our body is always talking to us, if we will only take the time to listen. Every cell within our bodies responds to every single thought we think.
    When we discover what the mental pattern is behind an illness, we have a chance to change the pattern and, therefore, the dis-ease. Most people don’t want to be sick on a conscious level, yet every disease that we have is a teacher. Illness is the body’s way of telling us that there’s a false idea in our consciousness. Something that we’re believing, saying, doing, or thinking is not for our highest good. I always picture the body tugging at us saying, “Please—pay attention!”
    Sometimes people do want to be sick. In our society, we’ve made illness a legitimate way to avoid responsibility or unpleasant situations. If we can’t learn to say no, then we may have to invent a dis-ease to say no for us.
    I read an interesting report a few years back. It stated that only 30 percent of patients follow their doctor’s instructions. According to Dr. John Harrison, author of the fascinating book Love Your Disease, many people go to doctors only to have their acute symptoms relieved – so that they can tolerate their dis-ease. It’s as if an unwritten, subconscious agreement exists between doctor and patient: The doctor agrees not to cure the patient if the patient pretends to do something about his or her condition. Also in this agreement, one person gets to pay, and the other becomes the authority figure . . . and so, both parties are satisfied.
    True healing involves body, mind, and spirit. I believe that if we “cure” an illness yet do not address the emotional and spiritual issues that surround that ailment, it will only manifest against.

EXERCISE: Releasing Your Health Problems

Are you willing to release the need that has contributed to your health problems? Once again, when you have a condition that you want to change, the first thing that you have to do is say so. Say: “I am willing to release the need in me that has created this condition.” Say it again. Say it looking in the mirror. Say it every time you think about your condition. It’s the first step in creating a change. Now, do the following:

1. List all of your mother’s illnesses.
    2. List all of your father’s illnesses.
    3. List all of your illnesses.
    4. Do you see a connection?

EXERCISE: Health and Dis-ease

Let’s examine some of your beliefs about health and dis-ease. Answer the following questions. Be as open and honest as you can.

1. What do you remember about your childhood illnesses?
    2. What did you learn from your parents about illness?
    3. What, if anything, did you enjoy about being sick as a child?
    4. Is there a belief about illness from your childhood that you’re still acting on today?
    5. How have you contributed to the state of your health?
    6. Would you like your health to change? If so, in what way?

EXERCISE: Your Beliefs about Sickness

Complete the following statements as honestly as you can.

1. The way I make myself sick is . . .
    2. I get sick when I try to avoid . . .
    3. When I get sick, I always want to . . .
    4. When I was sick as a child, my mother always . . .
    5. My greatest fear when I’m sick is that . . .

EXERCISE: The Power of Affirmations

Let’s discover the power of written affirmations! Writing an affirmation can intensify its power. Write a positive affirmation about your health 25 times. You may create your own, or use one of the following:

My healing is already in process.
    I listen with love to my body’s messages.
    My health is radiant, vibrant, and dynamic now.
    I am grateful for my perfect health.
    I deserve good health.

EXERCISE: Self-Worth

Let’s examine the issue of self-worth with respect to your health. Answer the following questions, then create a positive affirmation to counter each one if your response was a negative one.

1. Do I deserve good health?

Sample Answer: No. Illness runs in my family.
    Sample Affirmation: I accept and deserve perfect health now.

2. What do I fear most about my health?

Sample Answer: I’m afraid that I’ll get sick and die.
    Sample Affirmation: It is safe to be well now. I am always loved.

3. What am I “getting” from this belief?

Sample Answer: I don’t have to be responsible or go to work.
    Sample Affirmation: I am confident and secure. Life is easy for me.

4. What do I fear will happen if I let go of this belief?

Sample Answer: I’ll have to grow up.
    Sample Affirmation: It is safe for me to be an adult.
    Last edited by HERO; 10-10-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Louise Hay

what type is she? I almost wanna say EII but I don't really know. I've only seen her in a video, never read any books.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I ended up reading some of her "You Can Heal Your Life" book because my IEE friend is a bit obsessed with it. Interesting ideas, though some of it made me uncomfortable (like the implication of blame for people suffering with AIDS ).

EII definitely seems like a good probability. Is there anything in particular that makes you think FiNe?

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Maybe EIE imo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squirreltual View Post
    I ended up reading some of her "You Can Heal Your Life" book because my IEE friend is a bit obsessed with it. Interesting ideas, though some of it made me uncomfortable (like the implication of blame for people suffering with AIDS ).

EII definitely seems like a good probability. Is there anything in particular that makes you think FiNe?
    I guess mostly her focus on using her wisdom to help others. But really, that could be any type. Intuitive for sure. And I feel like probably rational.
    IEI-Fe 4w3