Thread: Would you listen to this?

Creepy-female

Default Would you listen to this?

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you practice alot and flesh out the sound really well it would be good, needs some more rhythm which would be helped alot by more instruments but yeah nice fundamental sound. Though one th ing is if you brought a little deathliness to it it could be even stronger.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

you have such a sweet voice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like these types of pretty tunes, and don't mind that your voice is what fills it rather than the guitar. I think I like the voice more than anything else - it provides a nice old feeling I found in this song a wee while ago...

As for details, I think you know them well enough (e.g. guitar, can't hear voice that well, etc.). I otherwise think that, in general, it was nice.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Would you be my manager? I'm not that good at guitar. Keeping rhythm and singing at the same time isn't something I've mastered yet.
    you me and hitta should try starting a band we can be like the new age beatles. We could even get truck in there playing tamborine

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lmao @ me playing the tamborine. I wish I had more musical talent, but I don't like how music is complicated and intricate. I feel much stronger with writing because I get to be so fucking pure when I write, and strong- or something. =(

so pretty. ur are so beautiful and talented and I love you so much. you are the epic rpg character everybody wants to save. yaaaay go dolphin go.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a really good voice, Dolphin. Have you ever considered singing as a career?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's duet one day, dolphin
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dolphin, I'm going into the music industry as a producer in 2 years time. International in 3 to 4. If you're interested, keep dreaming
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a beautiful acappella! You have a great voice dolphin and yes, I would totally listen to your singing. Are you aspiring to be a singer?

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find your voice basically nice , but a bit too breathy. It's like you push out more air than is strictly needed to make the sound and it blurs the notes. It happens most noticeably on the lower notes (although that may an impression caused by the mike, or you looking down at the guitar or something), so I'd suggest some scales to get comfortable with all the notes you want to sing. Get confident making sounds a couple of notes below the lowest note in the song.

Possibly a rude question, but are you physically small? (Just curious based on the voice.)

Your guitar needs tuning in at least one string.

Not something I'd listen to regularly but an appealing ballad. The relaxed, meditative feel is a plus. Good for outdoor fireside vigils and relaxed cloud-watching.

I didn't pay attention to the lyrics, so no comment there.

Addendum: Also regarding the breathiness practicing pushing out air in a more controlled manner, basically meaning diaphragm control, and abs and scales where you separate out all the notes but try to sing them fast.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your voice reminds me of Alison Shaw from the band Cranes, though you're more melodic than she generally is. Naturally your ability to play and sing simultaneously will improve with practice, but you can also easily do basic multitrack recording on nearly any PC so that you can focus on capturing both aspects of your performance individually.