Thread: Theory that humans are genetically engineered species by aliens

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Theory that humans are genetically engineered species by aliens

I don't really believe the theory nor do I discredit it, I just think it sounds fascinating whether its true or not. I just heard about this from a variety of sources. The idea that humans get their intelligence, speech and ability to use tools from alien intervention that spliced some of their DNA with primitive apes to create humans. The theory states that the primary purpose is either to terraform the planet for their benefit in the future or merely for their own amusement just to see how messed up things will get. I think its the kind of theory that's difficult to prove or discredit, but I haven't actually bothered to do this though. George Carlin talks about this a bit in this clip:

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well no, the evidence is not conclusive that they left a mark on our genome. they mostly just imparted the techniques for channeling the earthly chakras using geometrically aligned lankmarks, which is likely to have influenced human awareness is no less profound ways. this video should explain some of the intricacies of the methods in question; it's a little much to explain in one post:

http://www.youtube.com/user/plumstre.../0/RBedNj8S8Ww

Creepy-bg

goatse is proof of relentless alien anal probing.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder about the motive for people to believe in alien intervention - why do people believe it? I agree that the universe is so huge and so old that it has to have some other creatures living in it somewhere, and it's possible that they could have reached earth, and it's also possible that most of us wouldn't know that this had happened.

Aliens to me represent something like God, something more powerful than humans. The idea is that they will eventually come back and intervene and fix everything or help us or teach us things we didn't know. If we're being toyed with by aliens, it all makes sense. If we're NOT being toyed with by anybody at all, not God, not aliens, then that would be scarier, because we'd be responsible for solving all our own problems alone without any help from anyone more intelligent and more knowledgeable than we are.

To me, aliens are more plausible than God. I believe that yeah, it's likely that some other species really does exist. But God, on the other hand, is either something impossible to define, or else it's a creature that I would describe as just another alien, perhaps something 'made of energy,' quote unquote - whatever that means. But whatever it is, it's just another part of this universe and it obeys the laws of physics just like everything else that exists.

So it's scarier to think that the aliens aren't doing anything to us at all and we're on our own.

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooh fascinating thread, nothing to say at this point though
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    I wonder about the motive for people to believe in alien intervention - why do people believe it? I agree that the universe is so huge and so old that it has to have some other creatures living in it somewhere, and it's possible that they could have reached earth, and it's also possible that most of us wouldn't know that this had happened.

Aliens to me represent something like God, something more powerful than humans. The idea is that they will eventually come back and intervene and fix everything or help us or teach us things we didn't know. If we're being toyed with by aliens, it all makes sense. If we're NOT being toyed with by anybody at all, not God, not aliens, then that would be scarier, because we'd be responsible for solving all our own problems alone without any help from anyone more intelligent and more knowledgeable than we are.

To me, aliens are more plausible than God. I believe that yeah, it's likely that some other species really does exist. But God, on the other hand, is either something impossible to define, or else it's a creature that I would describe as just another alien, perhaps something 'made of energy,' quote unquote - whatever that means. But whatever it is, it's just another part of this universe and it obeys the laws of physics just like everything else that exists.

So it's scarier to think that the aliens aren't doing anything to us at all and we're on our own.
    Interesting thoughts Nicole . I agree with you that the idea of being completely alone in the universe with no alien species interfering or at the very least observing us if God does not exist (I'm an agnostic) can be a scary thought. I like your idea about God being possibly an alien or some kind of energy, it sounds more plausible than religion's ideas about God.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5