Thread: Fi PoLR - Misunderstood

Threaded View

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Liriope View Post
    Okay yeah, that was one of the pages that made me confused about my type (among some other sources of info that would prob derail the thread), because while thinking I was LSI, I don't even know what "to believe" is supposed to mean. But I don't particularly feel defensive about anything on that list? When I first looked at it I thought "to be loved" could explain some of my behaviors but it's a bit vague here.
    I think a better way to think about it is to realize its essentially "what is the ultimate endstate and therefore purpose of these functions" and you can almost entirely divorce them from the type itself and just realize its an expression of a valued 2d function i.e.: values a thing in its normative manifestation therefore without any non-linear nuance, therefore to its "utmost extent" which is nevertheless somehow itself naive in its conception:

(in a 2d extrapolated form)
    Fe: to be universally admired
    Si: be the ultimate specimen
    Ne: to always be truly right
    Ti: to have absolute clarity
    Se: to always be comparatively more powerful
    Ni: to have found the truest cause
    Te: to be able to devise the best course of action
    Fi: to genuinely value another person beyond oneself completely and utterly

if there's a problem here its that all of these are good things that everyone should more or less aspire to since they recognize norms the human cognitive framework was adapted to be able to ascertain and move toward, i.e.: slices of reality across which positive movement is possible and selected-for, thus like the "omnis" of the attributes of God they all start to bleed into one another: perfect beauty is perfect truth etc, its all just the vector one prefers to come by it, but they're all really takes on exactly the same thing, which is some form of perfection we dimly aim at and yet place a high degree of important of feedback on, a kind of semi conscious measuring stick we hold ourselves to. its our self esteem but we rarely face up to it head on as the yardstick by which we truly measure ourselves. because of precisely that its hard to type oneself according to HA

in other words, no one can genuinely say they could negate one of them, because they should be arrayed such that if you truly negate one of them you negate all of them. in other words, if you are confused (Ti) it can undo the rest, because how do you know x or y is true. If you are disliked (Fe) perhaps your course of action is wrong. if you are weaker than something (Se) perhaps you don't love enough (Fi).. they are all interrelated and all come to nothing and everything all at the same time, its the emphasis against all reason on one to the exclusion of others at the expense of all that makes their puerile aspect become obvious (perfect can be the enemy of good), when HA sticks out its this weird form of ego preservation that thinks "this is the ticket" without realizing the entire self is being undermined at that moment (you have to lose to win (Se) you have to love oneself first (Fi) (you are already, and can be, and should be, selfish), you can see a lot of messages of duals are precisely these kinds of targeted messages)... its a way they bring exceptions to bear in a way the person has great difficulty providing for themselves, without destabilizing themselves completely, in a way that is fully appreciated on a deep subconscious level by the other half
    Last edited by Bertrand; 06-22-2018 at 11:58 PM.