Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nicknames for type SLE/ESTp

The socioniko name for SLE is "Commander" I thought perhaps it would be better suited if changed to General, since this is the highest rank possible within the military hierarchy. Or why not just "boss", lion etc anything that implies hierachichal dominance. Commander is pretty generic and used more by cops these days for a mid level rank. Obviously not every SLE is going to be a general but that is what they ascribe to in clear terms is it not?

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    The socioniko name for SLE is "Commander" I thought perhaps it would be better suited if changed to General, since this is the highest rank possible within the military hierarchy. Or why not just "boss", lion etc anything that implies hierachichal dominance. Commander is pretty generic and used more by cops these days for a mid level rank. Obviously not every SLE is going to be a general but that is what they ascribe to in clear terms is it not?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would anybody dislike an SLE?

They are a jock. "Seize control of any situation?" really, no they take initiative when their is a power vacuum. They sense the needed tempo for action, they are one step ahead of chaos, they stand at the point of main effort. You need these guys.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    More pathetic stereotypes. Do you actually interact with real people, or do you just like to perceive them vicariously through caricatures? It's like you're talking about a video game or some shit.
    I know I don't usually add anything of substance to just about anything here and have my share of bad days, but why are you so overly negative about everything? It's depressing. If you always want to call people out on their bad typings, maybe you should explain yourself and what you think instead of just yelling all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I know I don't usually add anything of substance to just about anything here and have my share of bad days, but why are you so overly negative about everything? It's depressing. If you always want to call people out on their bad typings, maybe you should explain yourself and what you think instead of just yelling all the time.
    It's related to repetition. The first time addressing an issue is the most engaging. The subsequent times are a process of expansion and further distillation of thoughts. After it's been figured out, you quickly sense and is able to pinpoint what/where the problem is and naturally jump straight to the most obvious cause/conclusion without bothering to undergo/explain the entire process (because it's been undergone so many times, we know the shortcuts, just like doing math problems the shorter and quicker rather than the more tedious and expansive way). It's the direct result of having gone through numerous exercises.

I do the same when describing stuff, especially to my SEI buddy (tending to jump very quickly to the conclusion without due explication), and he's complained about it numerous times. I could call it laziness on my part I guess, but it's boredom and impatience more than anything else.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... how about Conquorer? I think "the general" would imply an armchair general, not a real one.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Commander and Conqueror. Like Saberstorm said, "General" implies someone behind the lines making decisions, whereas the names "Commander" and "Conqueror" are meant to conjure the image of someone at the front lines, leading the charge and directly engaged in combat.

If anything, I'd say LIE fits the name General better.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I like Commander and Conqueror. Like Saberstorm said, "General" implies someone behind the lines making decisions, whereas the names "Commander" and "Conqueror" are meant to conjure the image of someone at the front lines, leading the charge and directly engaged in combat.

If anything, I'd say LIE fits the name General better.
    agreed.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah your right, front line like Alexander.
    Used car salesman???...often seem esfj or esfp to me man.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always think of SLEs as being the claw (and IEI's the green aliens)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9t5ZqeHcYk

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Used Cars Salesman.
    That's SEE. SLE is probably the single worst type to be a used car salesman -- if not second or third-worst behind the xLIs.

Seriously, the idea of an SLE trying to sell me a lincoln is just hilarious to picture.

"Grumblegrumble. Grumblegrumblegrumble. Hummer. Grumblegrumble. Mileage. FUCK YOU, GET OUT OF MY SHOP! NO, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, YOUR KIDS, YOUR DOG, YOUR DICK, GO AWAY!"
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do real people talk like that? Sounds like tourettes guy.

But seriously, being a car salesman does seem kinda Se with Fe values to me. Seems kinda boring for an SEE.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Do real people talk like that?
    Absolutely. The asshole boss that everyone hates is almost always SLE.

But seriously, being a car salesman does seem kinda Se with Fe values to me. Seems kinda boring for an SEE.
    I don't think anyone would like being a used-car salesman, but SEEs, who have a natural talent for building a rapport with people and convincing then they're their friends for their own nefarious ends (Se-dom with Fi-creative), are by far best at it. The brutally direct, irritable SLEs would suck at it.

In fact I'd say all Logical types would suck at being used-car salesmen, save perhaps LIE or ILE due to sheer enthusiasm.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I know it says that in the book, that everyone hates SLEs and LIEs/ILEs are more enthusiastic, but just going by how I've seen the functions used in my typings, then I don't see a problem with SLEs doing it rather well. In fact they seem rather likable on the average.

Maybe you're right about your typings of SLE, though I don't know anyone who fits that bill much.

I can see SEE possibly doing it better with their emotionality and high spirits, but the job not suiting their taste much, they would lose interest a lot sooner on the average.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. The asshole boss that everyone hates is almost always SLE.

They are just misunderstood. If everyone would just do as they say it would be much simpler.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winner. Victor. So much more to conquering than Se IM... it's mostly an EM thing.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Used Cars Salesman.
    That's SEE. SLE is probably the single worst type to be a used car salesman -- if not second or third-worst behind the xLIs.

Seriously, the idea of an SLE trying to sell me a lincoln is just hilarious to picture.

"Grumblegrumble. Grumblegrumblegrumble. Hummer. Grumblegrumble. Mileage. FUCK YOU, GET OUT OF MY SHOP! NO, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, YOUR KIDS, YOUR DOG, YOUR DICK, GO AWAY!"

you're such a useless cunt.
    Last edited by mu4; 09-23-2011 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Spoiled

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post

MERKY
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post

Exactly, something like that.