Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Don't mean to interrupt here, but just curious on your thoughts: Don't ISFjs point out if one made a social faux pas? I thought that's pretty typical ISFj behavior to notice if someone violates an ethical norm in some way...
This is what I was thinking. I very rarely point out social mishaps, and they rarely bother me (unless its something incredibly idiotic). If I see people acting crazy and irrational my natural reaction is to calm them down & get them relaxed. But my EII sister is prone to doing moral judging . If she sees something that she views as wrong then she'll become angry & visibly upset; while my reaction is more like "lol wtf. Stop being an ass lol"
I lost track of how we got on this topic - I think it was when people were trying to distinguish and . I work with some ESIs (sigh... should it be "ESI's?" maybe I'll choose the 'ESIs approach, lol - sorry, reference to another post about apostrophes). There is a lot of variation in how the different ESI individuals respond to things. I notice that the two older ESI ladies are more of the stereotypical negative image of the ESI, sort of 'set in their ways' and tending to complain about people doing things wrong. The younger ESI guy is more mellow than the older ladies are, but even so he sometimes complains if somebody failed to do a duty, like cleaning something they were supposed to clean. He doesn't always complain out loud, but there is this silent disapproval that emanates from him, which I pick up on.

is often about holding up your end of an agreement, or cooperating and doing your job as expected, or taking responsibility and making sure that other people don't have to deal with the mess and the consequences that you've caused. 'Work Ethics' are something that types are concerned with, in my experience. This is a 'static' attribute - a long-term belief or attitude or behavior associated with a particular person. is a 'dynamic' attribute, ever-changing, a passing and temporary emotion expressed in the moment.

I myself am still struggling to distinguish between and .

After reading through this entire thread and seeing the last two posts by Taknamay and poli, I can see what's going on: Taknamay was wondering about an INFJ/ENTJ attraction, but trying to phrase it in terms of an INFP/ENTJ attraction. That might have come from the Myers-Briggs world, where they do, in fact, tell you that an INFP is supposed to be attracted to an ENTJ. According to one way of doing things, you are supposed to 'Change every letter except the S/N.' The result is a supervision relation in socionics. That's at least a teensy bit better than some of the recommendations to simply 'change every letter,' which results in a conflict relation.

The JCF (Jungian Cognitive Functions) people aren't able to account for an attraction between an INFJ and an ENTJ. Their way of arranging the functions is so screwed up that you aren't able to just glance at someone's function list and see how their functions match up with their duals' and their semi-duals' functions the way we can in socionics.

That's just an example of how the Myers-Briggs - Keirseyians - JCF people are totally screwed up. That would be the 'theoretical construct having nothing to do with reality' that poli referred to.