Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IEI-LIE Supervision Relations (INFp and ENTj)

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Don't mean to interrupt here, but just curious on your thoughts: Don't ISFjs point out if one made a social faux pas? I thought that's pretty typical ISFj behavior to notice if someone violates an ethical norm in some way...
    This is what I was thinking. I very rarely point out social mishaps, and they rarely bother me (unless its something incredibly idiotic). If I see people acting crazy and irrational my natural reaction is to calm them down & get them relaxed. But my EII sister is prone to doing moral judging . If she sees something that she views as wrong then she'll become angry & visibly upset; while my reaction is more like "lol wtf. Stop being an ass lol"
    I lost track of how we got on this topic - I think it was when people were trying to distinguish and . I work with some ESIs (sigh... should it be "ESI's?" maybe I'll choose the 'ESIs approach, lol - sorry, reference to another post about apostrophes). There is a lot of variation in how the different ESI individuals respond to things. I notice that the two older ESI ladies are more of the stereotypical negative image of the ESI, sort of 'set in their ways' and tending to complain about people doing things wrong. The younger ESI guy is more mellow than the older ladies are, but even so he sometimes complains if somebody failed to do a duty, like cleaning something they were supposed to clean. He doesn't always complain out loud, but there is this silent disapproval that emanates from him, which I pick up on.

is often about holding up your end of an agreement, or cooperating and doing your job as expected, or taking responsibility and making sure that other people don't have to deal with the mess and the consequences that you've caused. 'Work Ethics' are something that types are concerned with, in my experience. This is a 'static' attribute - a long-term belief or attitude or behavior associated with a particular person. is a 'dynamic' attribute, ever-changing, a passing and temporary emotion expressed in the moment.

I myself am still struggling to distinguish between and .

After reading through this entire thread and seeing the last two posts by Taknamay and poli, I can see what's going on: Taknamay was wondering about an INFJ/ENTJ attraction, but trying to phrase it in terms of an INFP/ENTJ attraction. That might have come from the Myers-Briggs world, where they do, in fact, tell you that an INFP is supposed to be attracted to an ENTJ. According to one way of doing things, you are supposed to 'Change every letter except the S/N.' The result is a supervision relation in socionics. That's at least a teensy bit better than some of the recommendations to simply 'change every letter,' which results in a conflict relation.

The JCF (Jungian Cognitive Functions) people aren't able to account for an attraction between an INFJ and an ENTJ. Their way of arranging the functions is so screwed up that you aren't able to just glance at someone's function list and see how their functions match up with their duals' and their semi-duals' functions the way we can in socionics.

That's just an example of how the Myers-Briggs - Keirseyians - JCF people are totally screwed up. That would be the 'theoretical construct having nothing to do with reality' that poli referred to.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, that was pretty much what happened. Keirsey was actually what introduced me into sociometry.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree that BOTH Fe and Fi can point out faux pas, but your Fe description sounds terribly biased. is about faux pas that have to do with saying things at an inappropriate time or place, or expressing them in a socially ineffective way, rather than things that are considered offensive or morally inappropriate.
    That's effectively what she just said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post

That's effectively what she just said.
    It's not, because it's not about "emotions" (far too specific). "Keeping up appearances" is actually not too far off, but it portrays rather negatively; I'm trying to provide a more balanced view, just as I would try to do for .
    Quote Originally Posted by bionic View Post
    It's not, because it's not about "emotions" (far too specific). "Keeping up appearances" is actually not too far off, but it portrays rather negatively; I'm trying to provide a more balanced view, just as I would try to do for .
    She said "emotional atmosphere", not "emotions". There is an obvious difference.

The definitions provided here are 'balanced' and WA's description relates well to them.

http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml
    Well thanks guys!!

And thehotelambush, of course my take on Fe vs Fi is going to be biased, I'm Fi-valuing and that's how I perceive Fe. I apologize for any hard feelings, none intended. I tried to be as objective as i could but that was the description i could best come up with to get my point across... Please dont take such things personally; i mean people say all sorts of mean things about Fi here on the forum as well, but i ascribe that to socionic differences.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    And thehotelambush, of course my take on Fe vs Fi is going to be biased, I'm Fi-valuing and that's how I perceive Fe. I apologize for any hard feelings, none intended. I tried to be as objective as i could but that was the description i could best come up with to get my point across... Please dont take such things personally; i mean people say all sorts of mean things about Fi here on the forum as well, but i ascribe that to socionic differences.
    Yeah I know, no hard feelings. Just want to promote greater neutrality in general, no matter what IE we're talking about.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it weird that people are talking about IEI's criticizing others social awareness. People are usually criticizing me about not being socially aware enough. I'm very rarely offended. If this were the case then SLE's could never be the IEI's dual. I let people act how they want as long as they're not intentionally hurting others. If things are getting heated I more or less try to soften the mood.

Anyway, I've never been particularly close to any ENTj's so I can't really add more to this thread.
    same.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's not about criticizing or being offended, I don't think Ashton was talking about that as being type-related. He's talking about extroverted/objective feeling, how IEIs and other Fe types naturally promote a better way of interacting socially, whether it be softening the mood or having certain expectations for everyone in general, and more often themselves that only reflects to others, to act naturally or appropriately given the circumstances of social situations or beyond to a greater humanistic outlook, it's something I notice a lot more with Fe subtypes that they want to be skilled at, and Alpha and Beta Ti egos usually react well to concerns of behaving in light of the situation, whether they should be tactful or quiet at certain times, and come in strong at others, because it flows naturally with an extroverted viewpoint. Of course ExEs are a lot more stiff and controlled about it, it's not some critic/judging you all the time thing, even though some s can be like that esp. in private, but there's a whole undercurrent to it where s assume this role without really noticing how objective they're trying to be, they're just promoting a way of how they and others view humanity, the 'right attitude.' I don't think Fi types really care yet it does come across kinda judgmental to us too because it's too detached from the self, to where it's just about promoting things socially and a viewpoint about external conduct, we could really care less and think they're being fake.

I wonder why so many people are misinterpreting what's being said, as if they don't remember Ashton talking about this many times before. Why not read Jung and understand it for yourself, so we don't have to go here every time (with people who have been here since 2006)? I'm also not sure if I'm wording it the right way. There are stereotypes about being critical of social situations. Why? Most of the time we're just being over-personal about things inside of our material sphere or thoughts. Only some few people take it to an uncomfortable level, and usually if it's an Fe person they will try to brush over their seriousness with a contradiction of being light and jokey to help along the social atmosphere or that so people think they're a nice person, but they actually do care a lot.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I was thinking. I very rarely point out social mishaps, and they rarely bother me (unless its something incredibly idiotic). If I see people acting crazy and irrational my natural reaction is to calm them down & get them relaxed. But my EII sister is prone to doing moral judging . If she sees something that she views as wrong then she'll become angry & visibly upset; while my reaction is more like "lol wtf. Stop being an ass lol"
    This is exactly what I mean about how IEI/SEI differ from EII/ESI in using Fi and why they can deal with Fi PoLR's in this regard.
    Fi's can make you feel like a piece of poop when they deem you as being insensitive and dickishly inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post

It's Fe if the social faux pas was about some keeping up of appearances or fitting/contributing to/not going against the pre-established emotional atmosphere.

It's Fi if the social faux pas was about saying/doing something inappropriate towards a friendship (in the sense of doing/saying something that makes you seem like you dont want to be friends) or making oneself look like a person with bad character.

in other words, it could be either one, depending on what the faux pas was.
    I wholeheartedly agree that BOTH Fe and Fi can point out faux pas, but your Fe description sounds terribly biased. is about faux pas that have to do with saying things at an inappropriate time or place, or expressing them in a socially ineffective way, rather than things that are considered offensive or morally inappropriate. An example would be suddenly blurting out something about food when people are talking about current events, or interrupting someone. It's about modes of expression as well as emotional atmosphere.
    idk, I think interrupting someone or else not knowing how to be considerate to addressing someone is more related to Fi than Fe, which goes back to weak Fi= poor understanding of relational proximity.
    Fi PoLR's have a massive issue, IME, with interrupting people because the topic is boring or they don't pay attention to how considerate they're being to the speakers input, which I guess is related to a lack of understanding or caring about relational boundaries.
    But I can see how weak or devalued Fe can interrupt the emotional atmosphere with inappropriate, or else wise lacking any, emotive input. Like an Fe PoLR in a conversation where the other speaker is being warm and enthusiastic, attempting to make the ILI/SLI smile and react, but they instead reply with placidity, dampening the happy atmosphere
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Fi always focuses on being considerate, that could be members of either Fi or Fe. I think this has been discussed many times before by a variety of members. So I wonder why you're using the term "Fi" or "introverted feeling" to call "being considerate" or "understanding others," if it has nothing to do with introversion. You should rename the functions you use in your theory so nobody gets confused.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    This is exactly what I mean about how IEI/SEI differ from EII/ESI in using Fi and why they can deal with Fi PoLR's in this regard.
    Fi's can make you feel like a piece of poop when they deem you as being insensitive and dickishly inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree that BOTH Fe and Fi can point out faux pas, but your Fe description sounds terribly biased. is about faux pas that have to do with saying things at an inappropriate time or place, or expressing them in a socially ineffective way, rather than things that are considered offensive or morally inappropriate. An example would be suddenly blurting out something about food when people are talking about current events, or interrupting someone. It's about modes of expression as well as emotional atmosphere.
    idk, I think interrupting someone or else not knowing how to be considerate to addressing someone is more related to Fi than Fe, which goes back to weak Fi= poor understanding of relational proximity.
    Fi PoLR's have a massive issue, IME, with interrupting people because the topic is boring or they don't pay attention to how considerate they're being to the speakers input, which I guess is related to a lack of understanding or caring about relational boundaries.
    But I can see how weak or devalued Fe can interrupt the emotional atmosphere with inappropriate, or else wise lacking any, emotive input. Like an Fe PoLR in a conversation where the other speaker is being warm and enthusiastic, attempting to make the ILI/SLI smile and react, but they instead reply with placidity, dampening the happy atmosphere
    All of this is observationally untrue. For example, MOST people interrupt others, it's a very typical way to converse (some people hate it, ofc), there is absolutely no relationship to socionics type.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    I don't think Fi always focuses on being considerate, that could be members of either Fi or Fe. I think this has been discussed many times before by a variety of members. So I wonder why you're using the term "Fi" or "introverted feeling" to call "being considerate" or "understanding others," if it has nothing to do with introversion. You should rename the functions you use in your theory so nobody gets confused.
    I like Gulenko's Latin words:

Se = F, Factor
    Ne = I, Intueor
    Te = P, Profiteor
    Fe = E, Emoveo
    Si = S, Sensus
    Ni = T, Tempus
    Ti = L, Lex
    Fi = R, Relatio

Not many people are using those words in the English world.

'Factor' was hard for me to understand, because it sounds like 'fact,' and people debate whether 'facts' are connected to Te or to Se or to 'sensing' in general. The word 'factor' is like: Something was a factor that influenced something. Factors are that which control the outcome of something.

Anyway I sometimes use those words but I'm still confused about which element is which, a lot of the time.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Doesn't really work out.

Could you seriously see Ashton and I dating? Even if he was gay? lmao. That would be funny.

Or even me and FDG?

One has Te-ego, the other has Te polr. One is Fe-valuing, but Fi demonstrative... the other is Fi DUAL seeking. One has creative Ni, the other has Ni-ego. The INFp is always prone to finding the ENTj condescending and patronizing and over-time, the feeling will be mutual. (Because of the INFp's Fi demonstrative when the ENTj wants it from the INFp's Ego, not Shadow)

Emotionally, they will get on each other's nerves too badly.

If you really can put all your feelings aside, then the relationship will be okay. But who can really do that? Supervision relationships only works out if the supervisor apologizes frequently and makes sure the supervisee isn't taking something the wrong way. And people really don't feel like babysitting like that, they'd rather be themselves. The supervisor has to use a lot of self-deprecating humor to be likeable to the supervisee. In return, the supervisee has to try and work on things they're usually ignoring.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm. Just thought of something.

If somehow the INFp was the one with more money, and power and the ENTj one was the poorer one, I could see it working out. Because that way the ENTjs Capitalist Rants would just bore the INFp instead of annoy them, and they both would want to learn from each other, since plenty of INFps like money and status, they just like getting it their own way that doesn't have to do with Te shit. It wouldn't feel like 'supervision' any more, since the INFp already has the bigger income, they might be more impressed at the ENTjs knowledge. Instead of 'Wow. you're just a dry, overly logical fucktard.'

But this is all nonsense anyway, because who realistically gets involved with somebody that's outside their socio-economic class?

I'm glad you found out you're INFj, Mr. Turtle.

Generally speaking, things INFps might do or say to elicit responses don't work on me very well—especially when I'm already reading them and know what they're trying to do.
    And likewise Ashton, I know when you're trying to say something mean just to get a rise out of somebody and get under their skin so you can feel strong, straight and powerful.

*Kiss and hugs you*

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I also think it's funny that people keep replying to this thread even though it was based on multiple misunderstandings on my part.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but it was interesting even if it was just based on your misunderstandings.

No offense to anybody, but the thought of having sex with an ENTj and being intimate with them kind of makes me want to vomit inside. I guess that visceral reaction is interesting to me.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do understand that it is still interesting. I just find it ironic, that's all.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is possible that a male INFp could handle a female ENTj, as long as she paid for dinner.

I would not know about flipping the genders.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 03:00 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    Yeah. I also think it's funny that people keep replying to this thread even though it was based on multiple misunderstandings on my part.
    I think that's funny too. It is an interesting thread even though it was started by a mistake. You'll probably keep on getting dozens of replies from people who keep on attempting to fix the mistake, and telling you 'You ought to be aware of X, Y, and Z when you ask this question,' and you're gonna have to put up a Frequently Asked Questions section so you can say 'We've already taken care of this problem. Next.'

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's exactly what I should do. I am going to edit the first post just to make it obvious that my misunderstandings were resolved.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had sex with an INFp girl. I know girls can fake well, but I think she was at least not repulsed by me. In fact I think we had really great chemistry, even though I couldn't handle her flakiness.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starfall
    Victim/infidel
    There you go again. WTH does infidel romantic type mean? Stop spreading false terminology.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lololol
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an ENTj friend. Now she just pisses me off. In the end of our friendship she was just a bully and criticized my every move.
    ENTj – hey you have really nice handwriting, you could be like a doctor because they have nice handwriting. Too bad you’re stupid

Or she would push other people to laugh at what she thought was funny. Here’s what she did to my ExFp friend.
    ExFp – I have a cousin named Pheobe
    ENTj – haha Phoebe is a stupid name. hey INFp, don’t you think Phoebe is a dumb name?
    INFp – no. don’t be a bitch. *turns around and reassures ExFp that ENTj will get her ass kicked*
    ENTj – hey ExFp, *insert name* thinks Phoebe is a dumb name.
    ExFp and INFp - *we are not amused*

And she accidently mocked a kid for having a stutter. She’s smart and nice. But to me, she’s an attention whore who wouldn’t get decent humor if it punched her in the face. Oh and whenever something funny happens and most people laugh at it, she tries to come off as cool and pretend it’s not funny to her and say, “that’s awkward.” One time I turned around and said, “actually I don’t think it’s awkward, I found it quite humorous.”

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rafaeli View Post
    I had an ENTj friend. Now she just pisses me off. In the end of our friendship she was just a bully and criticized my every move.
    ENTj – hey you have really nice handwriting, you could be like a doctor because they have nice handwriting. Too bad you’re stupid

Or she would push other people to laugh at what she thought was funny. Here’s what she did to my ExFp friend.
    ENTj – haha Phoebe is a stupid name. hey INFp, don’t you think Phoebe is a dumb name?
    INFp – no. don’t be a bitch. *turns around and reassures ExFp that ENTj will get her ass kicked*

And she accidently mocked a kid for having a stutter. She’s smart and nice. But to me, she’s an attention whore who wouldn’t get decent humor if it punched her in the face. Oh and whenever something funny happens and most people laugh at it, she tries to come off as cool and pretend it’s not funny to her and say, “that’s awkward.” One time I turned around and said, “actually I don’t think it’s awkward, I found it quite humorous.”
    Yeah when I was younger I had an a LIE playmate. It was uncomfortable being around her. Her behaviour verged on bullying a lot, like that. We had Tuesdays marked to go over each others house & I used to make excuses not to go sometimes. I've been sexually attracted to LIE's in adulthood but I haven't been close to one.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to be apologetic for your friend's behavior but it sounds like she's really annoyed with you but doesn't know want to or know how to say so, so she lashes out at you instead. Has there been a problem in the past between the two of you that was never talked about or swept under the rug? She may be harboring a sense of resentment and you should probably talk about it before it gets any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by walker31 View Post
    Yeah when I was younger I had an a LIE playmate. It was uncomfortable being around her. Her behaviour verged on bullying a lot, like that. We had Tuesdays marked to go over each others house & I used to make excuses not to go sometimes. I've been sexually attracted to LIE's in adulthood but I haven't been close to one.
    Yeah, this is my experience with INFp. There's a lot of attraction but the ENTj ends up bullying the INFp whether they realize it or not. I'm pretty sure an ENTj with a more developed feeling element to them are better in this respect (dualization, less of an extreme Te person etc) but there are always going to be some misunderstanding between the two of you.
    Last edited by MisterNi; 10-12-2011 at 05:44 PM.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to be apologetic for your friend's behavior but it sounds like she's really annoyed with you but doesn't know want to or know how to say so, so she lashes out at you instead. Has there been a problem in the past between the two of you that was never talked about or swept under the rug? She may be harboring a sense of resentment and you should probably talk about it before it gets any worse.
    yeah actually. well it all started about 2 years ago when i agreed to manage a sport team with her. she took it so seriously and i did not. i hated it, A LOT. she thought it was the best thing that ever happened to her. every day i would tell her she was a pain in my ass and we would basically cuss each other out and tell each other off but in a jokey way. i did end up resenting her and sort of shutting her out and pushing her away. i think she got annoyed because i stood up to her and told to her stop taking this sh-t so serisouly
    i would totally understand if she was annoyed with me, i just didn't care about the f-ing team and their dumb water bottles but she thought it was the best thing ever. so yeah, i totally get why she would act like that.
    but in the end i ended up giving her the INFp doorslam lol
    and YES, there was a lot of resentment between us but we never talked about it. i just kept my mouth shut and counted the days until i never saw her again. but now she's living her life with her athlete boyfriend (who she met on the team), she's now the varsity manager and her life still revolves around it.
    and she gets jealous, like i'm not worthy of any attention. she'll get defensive when i call another girl breautiful or she'll try to talk over me when some guy is talking to me, or she'll get this shocked or annoyed look on her face when i'm laughing with my friends or having a good time.
    Last edited by rafaeli; 11-02-2011 at 01:49 AM.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah actually. well it all started about 2 years ago when i agreed to manage a sport team with her. she took it so seriously and i did not. i hated it, A LOT. she thought it was the best thing that ever happened to her. every day i would tell her she was a pain in my ass and we would basically cuss each other out and tell each other off but in a jokey way. i did end up resenting her and sort of shutting her out and pushing her away. i think she got annoyed because i stood up to her and told to her stop taking this sh-t so serisouly
    i would totally understand if she was annoyed with me, i just didn't care about the f-ing team and their dumb water bottles but she thought it was the best thing ever. so yeah, i totally get why she would act like that.
    but in the end i ended up giving her the INFp doorslam lol
    and YES, there was a lot of resentment between us but we never talked about it. i just kept my mouth shut and counted the days until i never saw her again. but now she's living her life with her athlete boyfriend (who she met on the team), she's now the varsity manager and her life still revolves around it.
    and she gets jealous, like i'm not worthy of any attention. she'll get defensive when i call another girl breautiful or she'll try to talk over me when some guy is talking to me, or she'll get this shocked or annoyed look on her face when i'm laughing with my friends or having a good time.
    Sounds like you should've taken things a bit more seriously, especially if it was important to her. That was insensitive on your part if you ask me and it makes you sound like a poor friend, FWIW.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Sounds like you should've taken things a bit more seriously, especially if it was important to her. That was insensitive on your part if you ask me and it makes you sound like a poor friend, FWIW.
    well i thought i was a pretty good friend for not quiting like the other two girls who couldn't handle her control freak antics anymore.
    Last edited by rafaeli; 11-05-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIEs are complicated and many times moody/anal. ateleast basing on my own experiences. That chick sounds like an annoying bitch.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    LIEs are complicated and many times moody/anal. ateleast basing on my own experiences. That chick sounds like an annoying bitch.
    I guess complicated definitely, I wouldn't really say moody at all, and anal well only with stuff related to my own specific interests (so usually outside the bounds of a romantic relationships)

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a very close friend, of three years, that is ENTj. I don’t feel “inadequate” around her but it did take me a while to feel comfortable around her. In fact, I never would have imagined us friends, but it ended up happening somehow. She never offends me, which is how some of the descriptions make it sound, but I am pretty difficult to offend, anyway.

I am actually her supervisor at work, which is how we met, and it doesn’t really seem to bother her. I will notice on occasion that she doesn’t agree with my methods for handling certain situations, but never to the point where she is seriously bothered. The situations are always people-oriented and not actually the work itself. An example would be a customer not bringing in a certain voucher that they were supposed to have and her being very by the book and not allowing any leeway. Whereas I’m like “They’ve been a regular customer for 10 years. Just let ‘em do it. They’re good for it.” Her “disapproval” of me has never been more serious than this (that I’ve noticed). Perhaps if we were in some highly stressful and important job it would be more frustrating for us though? Not sure, but as it is, we work well together.

Outside of work we have a great time. She is more serious than I am but she can be really playful, like me, so it works. I’ve noticed it’s difficult for her to get close to people. But she is very close with her family and once she’s accepted you as a friend she tends to view you as family. She even invited me to Germany with her this summer on her family vacation!

Strangely, I’m much more social than she is. I’m always the one asking her to parties or to hang out. Think she mostly just stays home when she’s not busy.

As far as correcting her social faux pas, I usually find them funny as she tends to come off super bitchy sometimes. She is totally not a bitch, which is why it’s funny that people always think this.
    ME: Oh my God! You sounded so bitchy. They were totally afraid of you! SO FUNNY! Haha.
    HER: I did? Hahaha. *smiles* I didn’t even notice.

The exception being recently, when she offended a friend of hers and didn’t realize it.
    ME: I think they were pretty offended with what you said to them.
    HER: Really? But I said ‘Thank you’ at the end.
    ME: Yeah, but it came across sarcastic seeming. I don’t think they realize you actually meant it.

The only reason I pointed this out was because it is a relationship that I know she cares about.

Also, she was totally in love with an IEI male, for about two years. So maybe she just has a thing for INFp’s?
    Anyway, it’s a good friendship. We have a lot of interesting conversations when we are alone and we have fun together when we go out. She‘s an awesome person and I’m glad we met and became friends.

Do I feel that she always “gets” me? No, not really, but I feel appreciated and accepted by her anyway, and what more could you ask for in a friend…..

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kind of feel like people dig a hole with themselves with this.

On one hand, somebody can be just a general irritable asshole and blame it on their type, because yeah LIE *is* the quintessential 'business asshole type.' On another... people can make excuses for people who are rude, or in general are just trying really hard to hurt people's feelings because of their own issues. It would be like saying 'I'm IEI so I can't get a real job.' when really the person is just lazy or using social fear as an excuse to not try to better themselves.

and well bettering yourself, goes both ways. You can better yourself or you can better how you treat other people, which is in turn the same thing I think.

Also a lot of it is the person was just being an asshole and then it's like people were making excuses for the person... people should be more brave and stand up to assholeness when they see it but I also realize that life isn't a corny afterschool tv special. It has to be natural but it would be nice to see more people not tolerate douchebaggeryness.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFPs are like INTPS; they make great friends material, but I wouldn't date them.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

As friends and co-workers. This was posted in one of the VK groups by Danil Barabanov:

"The relations of revision are perhaps even more unfortunate than conflict relations due to inequality of partners. The supervisor pressures the painful function of the supervisee, and the severity of this pressure is at its maximum: 4D business logic of Jack London (LIE) is rather unpleasant for Esenin (IEI).

During the initial phase of relations, the LIE will seem to the IEI as a kind of a "guru". He easily accomplishes that which the IEI attains with great difficulty: the LIE quickly grasps, optimizes, and improves the algorithms of actions and activities, he adeptly identifies existing patterns and reaps advantages from them. His practicality, energy, and drive for activity will all seem impressive to the IEI. At the same time that which the IEI is able to do well, the LIE also doesn't do too poorly. Jack's intuition of time Ni is not as good as Esenin's. This is the ability to feel the flow of events, to discern when it's better to act and when to relax and stand down, and the ability to distribute periods of exertion over time. This constitutes Jack's creative function, not his program one, but the difference in one dimension is not so significant and striking (at least initially). Same applies to ethics of emotions Fe, which is role function of Jack and creative function for Esenin. Jack is able to generate emotions and create moods, charge others with his energy and positivism, though he doesn't do this as regularly as skillfully as Esenin. However, once again initially it will seem that Jack copes well with this function.

In the beginning, the IEI will seem to the LIE as a "good guy/gal", but somewhat poorly adapted to life. After all, LIE's most important value is "logic of actions" Te: he perceives everything around him through this aspect. The LIE will faithfully attempt to teach and instruct the IEI on what he should do and how it should be done. At first the IEI will try to follow LIE's advice, but he will hardly be able to make it work. Discussions on "logic of actions" will also be highly unpleasant for Esenin - this is not his subject. Constant pressures on the painful function distract him from his contemplation, plans, and daydreams in his free time (intuition of time), inhibit him from creating the right setting or recalling in and re-experiencing valuable to him impressions, and drag him out into the sphere where he is uncomfortable, where he knows very little, and where he doesn't feel at ease. The LIE doesn't notice this. He feels that he is teaching only his best, tried-and-tested experience, most technologically sound methods, something that should improve the life of Esenin. The list of algorithms that the LIE can offer to the IEI is indeed extensive: from how to do his work more efficiently to how to position furniture in a room.

The worst case scenario of development of these relations is a situation where LIE and IEI are colleagues at work. The LIE will very quickly dismiss all working methods of the IEI, then he will begin to analyze and assess his performance and the total benefit he brings for the team (company, community, organization). At this point he will notice that the IEI is a person of his internal states and this affects the outcome of his work. After this the LIE will try to get rid of the IEI - push him out of the team, transfer him to another department, or assign many unpleasant duties, thereby plunging him into work until he gives out.

In cases when LIE and IEI have common interests (and preferably aren't working together), if the IEI's patience endures and the LIE has enough sense to not discuss topics pertaining to Te, then they can establish a relationship and remain on friendly terms. This is quite possible, especially during periods when they are both relaxing and taking it easy, as this will limit the focus on logic of actions and enable the IEI to express his ethics of emotions and role sensing of experiences (which, to a limited extent, is pleasant for Jack). Jack and Esenin can have a good time talking about general topics, their ideas and daydreams. The IEI is able to create the right atmosphere that slows down the flow of time that will allow the LIE to take a break from his typically busy schedule.

But one should not forget that the LIE will always have Te as his program function, and the IEI will never be able to change it from being his vulnerable one."
    Last edited by silke; 08-17-2015 at 05:53 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just got done watching the first Expendables movie. The relationship between the warlord dude (IEI) and the business-y guy in the suit (LIE) seemed to be a good representation of LIE-IEI supervision. The LIE kept reminding the warlord dude that him and his army couldn't make it without him and his money and you can easily see the warlord dude's powerlessness against the LIE, even in spite of him being in command of an army.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    As friends and co-workers. This was posted in one of the VK groups by Danil Barabanov:

"The relations of revision are perhaps even more unfortunate than conflict relations due to inequality of partners. The supervisor pressures the painful function of the supervisee, and the severity of this pressure is at its maximum: 4D business logic of Jack London (LIE) is rather unpleasant for Esenin (IEI).

During the initial phase of relations, the LIE will seem to the IEI as a kind of a "guru". He easily accomplishes that which the IEI attains with great difficulty: the LIE quickly grasps, optimizes, and improves the algorithms of actions and activities, he adeptly identifies existing patterns and reaps advantages from them. His practicality, energy, and drive for activity will all seem impressive to the IEI. At the same time that which the IEI is able to do well, the LIE also doesn't do too poorly. Jack's intuition of time Ni is not as good as Esenin's. This is the ability to feel the flow of events, to discern when it's better to act and when to relax and stand down, and the ability to distribute periods of exertion over time. This constitutes Jack's creative function, not his program one, but the difference in one dimension is not so significant and striking (at least initially). Same applies to ethics of emotions Fe, which is role function of Jack and creative function for Esenin. Jack is able to generate emotions and create moods, charge others with his energy and positivism, though he doesn't do this as regularly as skillfully as Esenin. However, once again initially it will seem that Jack copes well with this function.

In the beginning, the IEI will seem to the LIE as a "good guy/gal", but somewhat poorly adapted to life. After all, LIE's most important value is "logic of actions" Te: he perceives everything around him through this aspect. The LIE will faithfully attempt to teach and instruct the IEI on what he should do and how it should be done. At first the IEI will try to follow LIE's advice, but he will hardly be able to make it work. Discussions on "logic of actions" will also be highly unpleasant for Esenin - this is not his subject. Constant pressures on the painful function distract him from his contemplation, plans, and daydreams in his free time (intuition of time), inhibit him from creating the right setting or recalling in and re-experiencing valuable to him impressions, and drag him out into the sphere where he is uncomfortable, where he knows very little, and where he doesn't feel at ease. The LIE doesn't notice this. He feels that he is teaching only his best, tried-and-tested experience, most technologically sound methods, something that should improve the life of Esenin. The list of algorithms that the LIE can offer to the IEI is indeed extensive: from how to do his work more efficiently to how to position furniture in a room.

The worst case scenario of development of these relations is a situation where LIE and IEI are colleagues at work. The LIE will very quickly dismiss all working methods of the IEI, then he will begin to analyze and assess his performance and the total benefit he brings for the team (company, community, organization). At this point he will notice that the IEI is a person of his internal states and this affects the outcome of his work. After this the LIE will try to get rid of the IEI - push him out of the team, transfer him to another department, or assign many unpleasant duties, thereby plunging him into work until he gives out.

In cases when LIE and IEI have common interests (and preferably aren't working together), if the IEI's patience endures and the LIE has enough sense to not discuss topics pertaining to Te, then they can establish a relationship and remain on friendly terms. This is quite possible, especially during periods when they are both relaxing and taking it easy, as this will limit the focus on logic of actions and enable the IEI to express his ethics of emotions and role sensing of experiences (which, to a limited extent, is pleasant for Jack). Jack and Esenin can have a good time talking about general topics, their ideas and daydreams. The IEI is able to create the right atmosphere that slows down the flow of time that will allow the LIE to take a break from his typically busy schedule.

But one should not forget that the LIE will always have Te as his program function, and the IEI will never be able to change it from being his vulnerable one."
    I would like to point out that this is all very accurate, in my experience anyway.
    Gotta find more articles by Danil Barabanov.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Well my LIE-Te (so/sx 7w6) roommate's boyfriend has turned out to be IEI-Fe (sx/sp 9w8). This is so interesting to watch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast