Thread: Delta: the "boring" Quadra?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobVillain View Post
    Quite the contrary, I make sure my appearance is perfectly crafted before I leave the house.
    lol
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RobVillain View Post
    Quite the contrary, I make sure my appearance is perfectly crafted before I leave the house.
    You do it very well~~~~

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't understand how betas are dramatic. Is that stereotype solely the fault of ENFj's?

Over the top, maybe.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I still don't understand how betas are dramatic. Is that stereotype solely the fault of ENFj's?

Over the top, maybe.
    Emo.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Deltas might be less likely to take risks in general. Playing safe in every aspect of life because you fear to fail/lose something isn't really that exciting.
    *packs his bags to another quadra*
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ssmall View Post
    *packs his bags to another quadra*
    I can't click both constructive and like for this post.

Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    underlying wisdom and caution because of an inherent sense of good vs bad (or at least an understanding of the fact that good vs bad exists), and a wish for a peaceful world where individuals treat each other with kindness. Idk it's hard to explain, might be coming across wrong... Hopefully you get what i mean... Sort of like an elderly person who has been through it all and realizes that ultimately no good comes out of the edgy stuff of beta and gamma, and who has a lot more maturity than alpha antics.
    Thanks for this, it makes a lot of sense in terms of what I see concerning the quadras.

I adore the delta stereotype.

TIM
    Ne-EII 5w4 sp/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only give the appearance of being boring to those unworthy of seeing (or not worth the time/energy of displaying) my layers of interestingness..

Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@op: people need to just chill and start taking things less literally.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    stereotypes are basically very useful things when you understand and apply the caveat that they're not supposed to "work" all the time.
    that's just a dumb stereotype.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OldPathWhiteClouds View Post
    I only give the appearance of being boring to those unworthy of seeing (or not worth the time/energy of displaying) my layers of interestingness..
    jump up and down a lot

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's no button pushing involved in judicious and serious.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Time View Post
    There's no button pushing involved in judicious and serious.
    Both Gammas and Deltas are total button pushers in my experience.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Both Gammas and Deltas are total button pushers in my experience.
    "It's all relative." ~ Einstein, the button pusher
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Us? As in you? You're not borring.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never considered myself boring. It's just that we Deltas spend time on stuff that is more rewarding on an individual level, so other people don't relate.

For example, I just purchased a couple of machines for my home shop: a mill drill and a bench lathe. Both are quite beaten up and I'll have to rebuild them before putting them to use. I enjoy this process inmensely; it's very difficult but there is nothing like working on something you've done yourself. I feel the pride any father would feel about a child.

Now, when my ILE sister comes to the shop and sees the parts scattered in the floor with massive amounts of oil and grease and rust, she just chuckles and asks me "don't you get bored?".

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I'm not a fan of people who say you shouldn't stereotype...we're all on a socionics forum, isn't that a little hard? Anyway, I fully admit I think I'm the most boring person on the planet so maybe we are boring. I dunno though, I think it's different IRL. On here, I very much enjoy Betas because they're stimulating and exciting and bring about conversations but IRL, in those situations I almost always shrink to the backround because I just can't keep up with it...it's exhausting to me but on here, it's manageable. So that's why I think I sort of like Betas on here more than Deltas but to be honest, I think I'd be a lot more comfortable around Deltas face to face. It's weird.
    Have you ever spent considerable time with an IEE Jess? We're passionate to the bone and radiate enthusiam waves that can go through walls and all. In my house, even though I've always been surrounded by alphas and betas, I've always had the upper hand when it comes to setting interests and making people move. My strong Ne makes me find good stuff well before others even notice it. I do remember that my dad used to make fun of me because I spent a lot of time surfing the web back when there was dial-up connection. I find it ironic that he now spends a good deal of this time doing the same and even found an outlet to express his creativity writing and publishing.

In the end, it's just a matter of self confidence. You put more weight into what people thinks about you than what you think of yourself. I don't know many details of your life but I doubt you're as boring as you say.

Are you boring in bed?????
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    Because you guys are capable of having normal low drama relationships. Talk about snooze fest
    Shakespeare free environment.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    Because you guys are capable of having normal low drama relationships. Talk about snooze fest
    WELL I'M SORRY THAT I LIKE TO HAVE OPEN COMMUNICATION IN MY RELATIONSHIPS

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    WELL I'M SORRY THAT I LIKE TO HAVE OPEN COMMUNICATION IN MY RELATIONSHIPS
    THE BASTARD

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta does deal with boredom. It requires the quadra to come up with something new again, which is orchestrated by EII and IEE. And then, the 50% of Delta that are actually bored and stuck with it despite working at this or that, LSE and SLI, pick it up. Gladly, since gets stuck in a rut, perspectiveless. The best comfort is of no use when there's no contingency and an interpersonal mess.

It's not like in Beta where things are shaken up forcefully out of sheer political necessity all the time so boredom isn't even an option! Delta's way of being bored and escaping that is different. It rather originates in human potential being completely unfulfilled. A deep dissatisfaction how our human possibilities are used in a way that are completely WRONG. That is likely the incentive to say "come on. we can do better than that old shit..." - this specific boredom with stifling social norms emerges constantly. EII deals better with it than IEE. The latter (=me) is so unsettled by it that going into complete restlessness to exhaust all new ways is a must. Don't think boredom ever came up with me So back to the point, it's more like a 50/50 divide in Delta. It'd be hard to categorize all four types into this trope.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Boredom means:
    1) you are not inspired by functions as they are not in your values
    2) you are not aroused by functions as they are strong at you
    3) (the last) no interesting/affecting or new info in functions you see

> It requires the quadra to come up with something new again, which is orchestrated by EII and IEE.

Something "new" may to give ANY function. And when that function is valued and info seems quality, then it'll get more interest and pleasure to touch.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I don't necessarily see deltas as boring... I actually value and envy the stability of Deltas. The fact that they can stay so calm and quiet about their emotions. Of course, growing up with deltas often made me feel as if I was weird for being the way I was. It's hard to describe, but I definitely have a more vivid "intenseness" about myself & I often felt as if I had to repress those certain aspects.

Because of this it's a bit hard to hang out with a Delta and view them as best friends, because I can't necessarily be myself (mostly out of respect for them). I sometimes feel as if they view me as weird and over emotional. Also, they never want to do anything! They view leisure time as laying around, drinking wine & watching TV. I don't think I've ever gotten drunk with my EII sister. She's just so private and low key about that stuff.
    Well I've been called out for sleeping and lazing around by Deltas (and other people) lol.. I don't find them particularly lazy or inactive tbh. But I can understand.. like I've never had so much self-control over myself.. and in Germany (which I think is a very Delta-ish society) my emotional outbursts and intensity have always been rejected somehow.. especially as a kid. I never understood why so many other kids/people didn't have to cry as easily as I did or get all ragey as fast as I would.. like I admire that self-control, but it definitely always made me feel like an outsider, as if I was too much and not made for people.
    Though one of my EII friends is somewhat chiller than be, but also more content.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345