Thread: Is Enneagram theory completely separate from Socionics?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Enneagram theory completely separate from Socionics?

Are ennegram types completely separate from socionics? or...not? Thanks!

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some say thats 2 totally different system, some say its a bit related to socionic or mbti, and imo, they are.
    The problem is that you can read various unrelated description for one type, but the pattern I see is :

1 : , but ISTJ seem to correspond too
    2 :
    3 :
    4 : and perhaps , althought I would more say 5w4 or 5w6 or something like that
    5 :
    6 :
    7 :
    8 :
    9 : ( aspirationnal is obvious in some description)
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    Some say thats 2 totally different system, some say its a bit related to socionic or mbti, and imo, they are.
    The problem is that you can read various unrelated description for one type, but the pattern I see is :

2 :
    3 :
    5 :
    6 :
    7 :
    8 :
    I'd revise this somewhat.

1: logic + rationality.
    2:
    3: not FP
    4:
    5: logic + introtim
    6: dominance, intuition? based on possible mistypes in the community. possibly also generic childhood abuse type.
    7: extratim + irrational
    8: extratim + sensing
    9: judicious + introtim

withdrawn types are by definition introtim. aggressive types are by definition extratim. complaint does not have a direct socionics equivalent.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post

2 :
    3 :
    5 :
    6 :
    7 :
    8 :
    I'd revise this somewhat.

1: logic + rationality.
    2:
    3: not FP
    4:
    5: logic + introtim
    6: dominance, intuition? based on possible mistypes in the community. possibly also generic childhood abuse type.
    7: extratim + irrational
    8: extratim + sensing
    9: judicious + introtim

withdrawn types are by definition introtim. aggressive types are by definition extratim. complaint does not have a direct socionics equivalent.
    I like these Cat, I'm sure those listed functions and types are more likely to correspond to those Enneagram types. However, I'm sure you will find several exceptions to those. IMO, Socionics does correspond to Enneagram, but only to a limited extent. This is why you'll find very different types with the same Enneagrams.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I like these Cat, I'm sure those listed functions and types are more likely to correspond to those Enneagram types. However, I'm sure you will find several exceptions to those. IMO, Socionics does correspond to Enneagram, but only to a limited extent. This is why you'll find very different types with the same Enneagrams.
    I'm presently of the opinion that Withdrawn Extrotims and Aggressive Introtims are paradoxical notions, and thus completely impossible. Other than that, yeah, fair game.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I'm presently of the opinion that Withdrawn Extrotims and Aggressive Introtims are paradoxical notions, and thus completely impossible. Other than that, yeah, fair game.
    I fit into the Withdrawn Extratim label quite well IRL. I also know introverts that can be very aggressive and social. It is paradoxical if you think the reasons they exist is because of Socionics. However, I think Introverted Extratims and Extraverted Introtims are that way as a result of factors unrelated to Socionics imo.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two completely different systems. People here like to correlate them together imperfectly.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    These correlations blow chunks of sloppy ass.
    Yeah. As it stands the enneagram isn't tied to any measurable psychology. Rather than playing around with neurotransmitters, they'd be better served by rising above the pseudoscience of certainty and correlating with what we know of Big 5.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These correlations blow chunks of sloppy ass.
    Yeah. As it stands the enneagram isn't tied to any measurable psychology. Rather than playing around with neurotransmitters, they'd be better served by rising above the pseudoscience of certainty and correlating with what we know of Big 5.
    It's been done. See full report.

I haven't read this yet, but there might be some good ideas in there for how to do the same with socionics.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I'll read through this while sober and more able to adequately apply scepticism to the research and researchers.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two totally different systems. The Enneagram is about types of deeply-ingrained defense mechanisms. Socionics is about cognition methods, or filters. There may be correlations due to cognition type biasing people towards certain reactions for eg, but direct correspondences are highly unlikely.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been done. See full report.

I haven't read this yet, but there might be some good ideas in there for how to do the same with socionics.
    This is very interesting
    IEE-Ne