Thread: Ne demonstrative

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Ne demonstrative

How exactly does this function manifest in an EIE and LIE? From what I understand this function is more difficult to see in an extrovert,(not sure if this is true). I also heard that it's as strong as the first function, also not sure if I agree on this.
    One example I could think of in my situation was when I went to NYC with a SLI friend of mine. She was good at navigating the area; whereas I suggested that we try to not look like tourists, and instead do the things that a typical New Yorker would do. So I looked at the Village Voice and found some pretty interesting things for us to do. This is something she wouldn't have thought of doing. Is this a good example of strong ?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Is this a good example of strong ?
    I don't think it's indicative of any IE.

Further, to assume that the Dem-fxn is as 'strong' as one's Cre-fxn, is rather silly since it leads to unnecessary ambiguity. If that were truly the case, it would be impossibly difficult to successfully differentiate ENXp from ENXj.
    Yeah I agree, it doesn't make much sense, their is a big difference between the ENXp and ENXj. But my question is how does the demonstrative manifest itself?

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Demonstrative function is just a restatement of how Creative and Base interact.

e.g. Ne-demonstrative in EIEs is basically just saying "EIE is long-range and more to do with guiding people", in contrast with Se-demonstrative in ESEs saying "ESE is present-oriented and more to do with pushing people".
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat King Cole View Post
    The Demonstrative function is just a restatement of how Creative and Base interact.

e.g. Ne-demonstrative in EIEs is basically just saying "EIE is long-range and more to do with guiding people", in contrast with Se-demonstrative in ESEs saying "ESE is present-oriented and more to do with pushing people".
    What do you mean by being long range? I'm assuming you mean blocked with.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demonstrative is just another way to use your creative, really. For ENxjs, varied hypothesis are necessary in order to reach one convergence point.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It possibly manifests in having several leisurely pursuits on the go and being somewhat aggravated with scattered Ne-leading types that they see as being frivolous when it comes to real-life.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought that the demonstrative is a subconsciousness attraction or tendency to deal with that element. For ENxj, I've thought that it was a tendency to take advantage of opportunities or otherwise deal with situations with strong potential seemingly by chance. This is consistent with their conscious tendency to foresee outcomes and act accordingly. ENxjs seem to have good luck when really they're just subconsciously attuned to situations or choices that have greater potential than others.

Something to that effect anyway.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    I've thought that the demonstrative is a subconsciousness attraction or tendency to deal with that element. For ENxj, I've thought that it was a tendency to take advantage of opportunities or otherwise deal with situations with strong potential seemingly by chance. This is consistent with their conscious tendency to foresee outcomes and act accordingly. ENxjs seem to have good luck when really they're just subconsciously attuned to situations or choices that have greater potential than others.

Something to that effect anyway.
    Yeah, I understand what you're saying. When I moved out to California, all my friends and family thought I was crazy. They said well how are you gonna make it, what about a job,etc. But, I had no doubts about the move, and sure enough I was right.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's, of course, not say that they can't be wrong.

edit: when did you move into cali?
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 08-11-2011 at 07:56 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I moved just a couple weeks ago, do you know the Torrance area well?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I've ever been in that area. I'm in San Fernando Valley. The farthest south my familiarity goes is Santa Monica and Hollywood.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    I moved just a couple weeks ago, do you know the Torrance area well?
    South bay in the house.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They call it South bay? Do you live around the area as well?

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we should get an LA meet-up going
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    we should get an LA meet-up going
    Yeah we should; I'm up in Santa Rosa but I'll be down there on Monday.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

- One's own subjective ideas.
    - Externally derived ideas.

EIE covers the areas of rather than too much emphasis on ; in this, EIE will evaluate people's potential capabilities, find new ideas and non-traditional approaches; explains the possible outcomes (in evolutionary sense of the word of all undertakings). EIE would rather inspire the LSI with his/her own ideas rather than that which is perceived from the external environment although the EIE does get subconsciously; some of this subconscious motivation will be realized in consciousness in due time, but not so much so that the person lives and thrives in the world (aka can't help themselves but to go out and look for new ideas); whatever ideas they have found will internalize and will be subject to external logical functions such as and making them useful and geared towards social realization, like business.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html