Thread: ENTps how do you do your work?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ENTps how do you do your work?

ILE, please describe how you work. Do you use calendars, plan, structure your work; are you meticulous or scattered? Does your style carry into other parts of your life in HOW you do things?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-25-2011 at 05:07 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ILE, please describe how you work. Do you use calendars, plan, structure your work; are you meticulous of scattered? Does your style carry into other parts of your life in HOW you do things?
    you're such a freak.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE, please describe how you work. Do you use calendars, plan, structure your work; are you meticulous or scattered? Does your style carry into other parts of your life in HOW you do things?
    I've thought about this quite a bit, since I've been working a while.

Obviously only speaking for myself. I'm quite chaotic....Many irons in the fire all at once. Inevitably they are all related in my mind and part of a grand scheme that others may not immediately understand. work is driven by a mission of improvement for everybody, staff, consumers, and organization. Tendency to pick underdog projects and lift them up into respectability and acceptance. Intense cognitive planning and preference for doing the thinking myself, but involving others at points and getting buy-in.

Having said all that and looking at it, prolly describes almost anybody, so not sure if it helps.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, but how do you approach and execute your work; let's say from the beginning, like you want to write a book; how would you go about doing it?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steps to writing a book:
    1. Think for a few hours of the best sounding title
    2. Write an outline
    3. Write a prioritized to do list for the book
    4. Ignore the list and keep on thinking about cool ideas to have in the book
    5. Revise the outline
    6. Think about possibilities for a better title
    7. Touch a pen to the paper
    8. Get distracted
    9. Try to find the pen that I just lost
    10. Search awhile for another pen
    11. Write one paragraph
    12. Get distracted
    13. Forget about the book writing
    14. Find my to do list a week later under a bunch of clutter
    15. Feel really guilty that I said I was going to write a book but didn't follow through
    16. Tell myself that I will do it later but really I know I lost all motivation in book writing
    17. Find the paragraph that I wrote a year later and start back at step one

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    ILE, please describe how you work. Do you use calendars, plan, structure your work; are you meticulous of scattered? Does your style carry into other parts of your life in HOW you do things?
    you're such a freak.
    You've been reported. Keep it up... I'd like to see you gone.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just do whatever the person pretending importance told me to do. When I didn't, I got fired or quit.
    Last edited by Spiro; 07-10-2011 at 02:54 AM.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Filambee View Post
    Steps to writing a book:
    1. Think for a few hours of the best sounding title
    2. Write an outline
    3. Write a prioritized to do list for the book
    4. Ignore the list and keep on thinking about cool ideas to have in the book
    5. Revise the outline
    6. Think about possibilities for a better title
    7. Touch a pen to the paper
    8. Get distracted
    9. Try to find the pen that I just lost
    10. Search awhile for another pen
    11. Write one paragraph
    12. Get distracted
    13. Forget about the book writing
    14. Find my to do list a week later under a bunch of clutter
    15. Feel really guilty that I said I was going to write a book but didn't follow through
    16. Tell myself that I will do it later but really I know I lost all motivation in book writing
    17. Find the paragraph that I wrote a year later and start back at step one
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observations about successful, effective, and also unquestionable ILEs (e.g., who are are both ILE and also ENTP in other systems, as opposed to people who may be Socionically ILE according to some definitions but with ambiguous type overall) is that while they're less structured than (say) LIE or LII, they succeed because they don't dig themselves too deep in anything. In other words, they wouldn't spend all their time becoming an expert on something that it turns out nobody cares about anyway. They do "enough" on something to make it work and no more. Their stuff suggests some sort of inner logic, but they don't work to refine that to the nth degree, so they can move on to the next thing. This becomes a real strength compared to LIIs and ILIs, but they may be considered superficial in comparison.

They may not be great at organizing, but if they're out of the house impressing everyone with their great intellectual talk, they're not there messing it up. So they can actually be fairly neat.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree with you Jonathan.
    -