Thread: Vulnerable functions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vulnerable functions

How can you recognize them in people and how would a Fe-vulnerable, Te-vulnerable, etc. act?

I know they are also refered as PoLR but it looks like the name of a russian cereals brand so I prefer "vulnerable function".

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They simply can't handle the patterns associated to those functions; don't understand them, or see a use for them. To wit:

Fe- Complete lack of any outward expression. No understanding of emotions in others; thinks they're empty histrionics.
    Fi- No conscience or responsibility for others' inner emotional comfort, is genuinely surprised when they something offensive and people actually are offended, inability to tell what a person's feeling without a clear outward display.
    Se- No respect for hierarchy, dislike of either leading or being led, poor ability to assert oneself.
    Si- Poor maintenance of one's body, no sense of aesthetics, no concern for minor or administrative details, ignoring sensory pleasures in favor of more subjectively important considerations (productivity in the case of LIEs, fun or passionate pursuits in the case of EIEs).
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Somewhat obsessive about being on time but hates being timed, very uncomfortable with change.
    Absentmindedly picks up a knitting needle and starts stabbing himself with it, not noticing until it's pointed out.
    Jokes about ripping peoples' limbs off (like Weird Al).
    Never trust them regarding food. They have no taste buds.
    Obscure sense of humor.
    Poker face.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vulnerable functions:

Can't parallel park
    Develops hives after making physical contact with numbers
    Wears nothing but one-size-fits-all clothing
    Will soil self where standing if no toilet is available at the scheduled moment
    Frequently hospitalized after brushing teeth or eating with a fork
    Unable to experience orgasm
    Hates you forever after receiving your xmas card
    "If you can't prove it then it isn't rape"

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Absentmindedly picks up a knitting needle and starts stabbing himself with it, not noticing until it's pointed out.
    You would describe Se polr like this? Sounds pretty random, but I guess it was a joke anyway.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    That sounds like suggestive or PoLR. It isn't .
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Se- No respect for hierarchy, dislike of either leading or being led, poor ability to assert oneself.
    No. Incapable of defending or sticking up to their own will, manifests in lowest energy of all sociotypes. Pushes for something, doesn't know or can't feel the response or level of penetration each of their words has made an impact on others; poor ability to manipulate others or does not know when to wait for the moment of optimal advantage; has poor ability to sense the reaction they make on others; doesn't know how they come off or look to the world around them so will use basic rules to follow to maintain an "image" that others can look up to. Inability to live in the present sensory moment; always living in the past and in the future.

Yes to poor ability to assert oneself, but more from poor ability in accurately assessing what their assertion has effected others' viewpoints; how they have changed the object by what they said. What impact it has made upon the object.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

not knowing how theyve changed/what impact theyve made on the object...i relate to that more than any other description of se polr ive seen, i think. i like that it doesnt have to do with willpower or desire.

edit: i totally zeroed in on that and neglected that other parts of the post did mention will...haha. oh well, im still pleased.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, have you noticed yet no one here takes you seriously?

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by article
    Will sensorics : Discussing modest means, orders, peer pressure
    Works for me.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All the ways in which my boyfriend helps me by taking the pressure off of my vulnerable function, called Se, which lives in the moment and not in the future and in the past:

1. He decides about the material objects I should get for the home. (Ties to objects are associated with Extraverted Sensing).

2. When he tells me to forget about things bug me and live in the moment; these are usually things that have allowed me to sink into my emotions and carry a melancholy face in silence for a while. He tells me to enjoy what we're doing at the moment because that's what we're doing.

3. When he keeps switching to walk on the side of the road in his chivalrous protective modes.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does not mean her post is invalid. I thought her post on polr was pretty good The only problem I have with it is

Incapable of defending or sticking up to their own will
    I think outright incapability is a bit over the top, if pushed right I can actually over do the , I just avoid conflict as much as I can regardless.
    The mode of goodness conditions one to happiness, passion conditions him to the fruits of action, and ignorance to madness.

Chapter 14, Verse 9.
    The Bhagavad Gita

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    3. When he keeps switching to walk on the side of the road in his chivalrous protective modes.
    I highly doubt being a gentleman is type-related.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Yes, postponing hits my -PoLR.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neotropic View Post

Incapable of defending or sticking up to their own will
    I think outright incapability is a bit over the top, if pushed right I can actually over do the , I just avoid conflict as much as I can regardless.
    Yes, I don't see polr as incapability in that way, it's more being unbalanced, uncreative and unsure in these matters.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nobody here should take anybody seriously, actually...

We're all just stating our neurotic middle class opinions and perceptions on the world.

I can also parallel park EXTREMELY well. ROFLMAO. But I know you're just trolling/joking as usual k0rpsey. =D