Thread: INTjs, will you please help me? what's the best scenario in which an INTp could break things off with you (in a kind, easy way)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs, will you please help me? what's the best scenario in which an INTp could break things off with you (in a kind, easy way)

I've been seeing this great INTj guy, but I've come to realize it's not working, and I want to let him know in a way that discomfits him as little as possible. I'd love to be friends with him. We haven't had any talk of us being a couple, but we've gone on several dates and made out a lot when I thought we might have something going. Please help. We're going out tonight (I didn't want to break things off without being in person because I've heard it's better to do it in person).

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Im not INTj, so I cant give advice as to how to best do this. I just would advise you to try and keep things simple - dont assume this guy considers himself in relationship with you in the first place, since like you said you never made it offiicial. You made out but is that really a problem in friendships if there is mutual attraction? Maybe you guys are can just be friends with benefits? Try to be open and honest about your intentions and try and make him understand you dont consider yourself in a relatiosnhip with him, as you obviously dont.

And maybe we could understand this better if you explain why its not working. Like tell us what is wrong exactly, if that doesnt make you uncomfortable.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

be as explicit as possible. he will probably dislike ambiguity more than a clear "no" answer.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I still am not totally confident in my typing, I will try to offer my advice anyway. Basically, I would say to make clear the reason you want to break things off with him, so that he is certain it is not because he made a mistake of some sort. Unless he did make a mistake. I'm assuming he didn't >_>

Also, close to no relationship experience here.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Say you got back together with an old ex.

No biggie.
    In no way should one act contrary to the great future you have before you.