Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual or Benefactor: Which is more attractive?

Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dual or Benefactor: Which is more attractive?

Generally I find IEIs more attractive than ESEs. SEIs, SLEs, EIIs, ILIs and LIIs are the types I am attracted to the least.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before this thread gets bogged down in NTR replies, and (if you're lucky) a response from k0rp, I wanna point out that certain auras do exude from types due to psychological and semi-genetic dispositions. Psychology can influence other areas such as lifestyle and wardrobe which also play into attraction. Though, on top of that, physical attraction is a huge factor that shouldn't be overlooked.

That said, I'm going with benefactor.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tcaud:

It's quite possible that you are an entp and not an intj. Your polr might be Fi and not Se. I don't see how you think you have Se polr, anyway.

That would explain your attraction to IEIs. ENTp and INFp is very good, because the lookalike to ENTp is ESTp and the lookalike to INFp is ISFp. And ESTp/INFp are duals, and ENTp/ISFp are duals.

The problem is you try to overthink socionics in a neurotic way, instead of accurately understanding it. A common problem a lot of people have.

Most of your theories and what you say aren't based on reality at all and just don't make sense. You also lack an objective grasp of what socionics is and what the socionicists are really trying to say.

And it's also quite possible that you are simply turned on by IEIs because we're a type that tends to be objectively very attractive in a very general way and we probably turn a lot of people on not to brag or anything. But SLE/IEIs tend to be quite lustful and beautiful that way. =p

IEIs are all about pure romantic/sexual love and there is nothing 'hotter' than that....

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's quite possible that you are an entp and not an intj.
    That was already proposed by some ex-member on here.

EDIT:
    Dual or benefactor -- which is more attractive
    Dual.
    Last edited by Absurd; 05-26-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Tcaud:

It's quite possible that you are an entp and not an intj. Your polr might be Fi and not Se. I don't see how you think you have Se polr, anyway.

That would explain your attraction to IEIs. ENTp and INFp is very good, because the lookalike to ENTp is ESTp and the lookalike to INFp is ISFp. And ESTp/INFp are duals, and ENTp/ISFp are duals.

The problem is you try to overthink socionics in a neurotic way, instead of accurately understanding it. A common problem a lot of people have.

And it's also quite possible that you are simply turned on by IEIs because we're a type that tends to be objectively very attractive in a very general way and we probably turn a lot of people on not to brag or anything. But SLE/IEIs tend to be quite lustful and beautiful that way. =p

IEIs are all about pure romantic/sexual love and there is nothing 'hotter' than that....
    all of this too.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

And I hate grammar nazi's.

And I hate writers that can write well constructed lines of prose wound up in a ball of venal nonsense, full of self-administered mental asphyxiation.

And the simple stories are the best, a hero, love, friends, a journey, no miracles but always magic, no easy answers but a few tugs of the string to untie the laces.

And I generally find my benefactors unattractive.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    And I hate grammar nazi's.

Did you use the possessive here just to insult them or are you really that dim?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never been attracted to LIE women. The thought makes me cackle.

ESE's however... hubba hubba
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 12-08-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI has always been of the least attractive types to me, though I must admit my sample isn't very big. I tend to be attracted to people who are very physical, practical and somewhat initiative taking, but the ILIs I know are none of these. And many of them have an extremely insecure and/or depressed vibe to them. What comes to LSEs, the ones that are great are really great, but the ones that aren't often truly suck with effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

EII guys are more attractive than SEE guys. It may be different for the gals. But SEE guys often make themselves ugly on purpose.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    But SEE guys often make themselves ugly on purpose.
    do you have any idea on why that happens? Also,you started a sentence with a But.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    do you have any idea on why that happens? Also,you started a sentence with a But.
    I think that's okay. My college English teacher tole me it was okay to start a sentence with "and," which is the same sort of word.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's okay. My college English teacher tole me it was okay to start a sentence with "and," which is the same sort of word.
    My grade three teacher told me it wasn't okay to start a sentence with a conjunction.

It's not grammatically incorrect if that's what Jennifer was getting at, but it isn't ideal and I certainly wouldn't do it in academic writing. I dunno what Abbie's proffy was smoking.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    It's not grammatically incorrect if that's what Jennifer was getting at, but it isn't ideal and I certainly wouldn't do it in academic writing. I dunno what Abbie's proffy was smoking.
    He was a mormon LSE with a doctorate degree and many years' experience teaching high school, college, English, and theater. I doubt he even smoked turkey.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grade three teacher told me it wasn't okay to start a sentence with a conjunction.

I hope you're kidding.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm weirded/creeped out by IEI more consistently than attracted. the Fe gets to me in a bad way.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I genuinely suck at typing people.
    except SLIs. they're so easy.

everyone else. i'm like, yeah. idk. same goes for strangers and after i've gotten to know them.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ people making serious responses to a tcaud thread

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer1 View Post
    That's not even a sentence.

it is it has a verb an adjective and a people inside of it

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ending sentences with I, like I.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0rpsy View Post
    And I agree.
    Harharhar.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, no, ESTp women are too extraverted and love to play mind games.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you idiots miss the part where I said that its not grammatically incorrect and that one should only avoid it in academic writing? God job Jim. You spent half an hour writing something that agrees with what I took three seconds to write. You look super fucking smart.

This raving intelligence is helped by the fact that you apparently can't read and that you had to look up the most well-respect guide to writing in the English language.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you idiots miss the part where I said that its not grammatically incorrect and that one should only avoid it in academic writing? God job Jim. You spent half an hour writing something that agrees with what I took three seconds to write. You look super fucking smart.

This raving intelligence is helped by the fact that you apparently can't read and that you had to look up the most well-respect guide to writing in the English language.
    People with PhDs in all manner of fields, including English, frequently begin sentences with conjunctions in their academic prose. Mr. Strunk and Mr. White's little treatise could be called outmoded, but more to the point, its usefulness and accuracy were questionable from the outset. A good discussion of Elements of Style's problematic content can be found here.

A somewhat better but less heralded dead-white-guy-talking-about-English-usage-and-grammar book is Theodore Bernstein's Miss Thistlebottom's Hobgoblins.

If this were an actual debate or even a discussion, it would boil down to prescriptivist versus descriptivist takes on grammar. (Strunk and White tried, clumsily, to be prescriptivist. Bernstein was descriptivist.) But the citation of a third-grade teacher's admonishment, backed up by a book whose popularity fails to equal intelligence and accuracy, doesn't rise to the level of debate or discussion. It's mere Internet silliness.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay fine. My English professors at Harvard and my boyfriend a who best selling novelist and award winning journalist all agree with me. Does that suit you?

If you don't have a compelling reason to start a sentence with a conjunction in academic or formal writing you should not. Period. The end. I'm not sure why you're having such a difficult time with this.

I don't give flipping shit if you do start every sentence you write with a conjunction. Just shut the fuck up. Get you panties out of your ass. You and IJ both look rather pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am more attracted to Benefactor.

To be fair, I don't have a lot of experience with duality... but the first time I talked to a benefactor it was like being punched in the gut, very intense... And from the descriptions I've read, duality is something you "grow into" over time, the effect of your dual on you is at first subtle and hard to capture.... the effect of the benefactor is usually instant respect and admiration for him/her. (but not always)

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny View Post
    I am more attracted to Benefactor.

To be fair, I don't have a lot of experience with duality... but the first time I talked to a benefactor it was like being punched in the gut, very intense... And from the descriptions I've read, duality is something you "grow into" over time, the effect of your dual on you is at first subtle and hard to capture.... the effect of the benefactor is usually instant respect and admiration for him/her. (but not always)
    I think duality relationships can be hard to start esp for someone who's never experience one. All the duality relationships I know off started fairly late life.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Dual!

Think about it. I'm the Delta NF; a mind of a person who wants relationships not to have people to influence or to have power and will over but people, family, friendships around for emotional stability. You ask how people can provide emotional stability; they can if you have the need to give, to create a microcosm of Humanity. A circle of love acceptable. In this way, I act to unite people, but never with future complaint that they are not doing something right for me and others (SeFi), but with positive potential, ever increasing hopeful adjustment of ethics and faith that different things should be tried to maintain these relations; in this way, I'm not black and white about what people do as being right or wrong as my duals are; I'm forgiving, sometimes excusing of others actions but never with emphasis on the "barrage" of problems created out of this activity (FiSe). My duals appreciate that about me, love, family, relationships they value, cohesiveness...it warms their heart and it gives me interesting people to be around.

LSE do a lot for me too. I get strait out nuts when I have to focus on my health and facts or dynamics (what to do next, sequence of decisions, considering factors, and deciding on a course of action - Te SEE also benefit from LSEs resolute and clear course of plan implementation here) and I let my duals direct me in this area; I would rather just detach my brain from my body and let them take it to the doctor and get it all figured out without my mind knowing and stressing about what's going on, but until that happens, we'll create a symbiotic relationship.

You don't take much with you when you go, not your possessions and trinkets, nice things you collect, you do need people who love you to joke around with you, to give you attention, hugs etc.

It warms the heart of this dual pair, the unity, family, and bond. Even if the bond is not realize fully in reality, real reciprocation, it's enough sometimes to feel, from actions of others, like family members that the person loves you or has come to love you and accept you. It would be nice if when people got together that they acted on this love, like making considerable gestures to this regard, maybe giving a hug and joking back without retrain and attention to "offending" (within reasonable boundaries, or maybe not ) but just be there.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 12-18-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Dual!

Think about it. I'm the Delta NF; a mind of a person who wants relationships not to have people to influence or to have power and will over but people, family, friendships around for emotional stability. You ask how people can provide emotional stability; they can if you have the need to give, to create a microcosm of Humanity. A circle of love acceptable. In this way, I act to unite people, but never with future complaint that they are not doing something right for me and others (SeFi), but with positive potential, ever increasing hopeful adjustment of ethics and faith that different things should be tried to maintain these relations; in this way, I'm not black and white about what people do as being right or wrong as my duals are; I'm forgiving, sometimes excusing of others actions but never with emphasis on the "barrage" of problems created out of this activity (FiSe). My duals appreciate that about me, love, family, relationships they value, cohesiveness...it warms their heart and it gives me interesting people to be around.

LSE do a lot for me too. I get strait out nuts when I have to focus on my health and facts or dynamics (what to do next, sequence of decisions, considering factors, and deciding on a course of action - Te SEE also benefit from LSEs resolute and clear course of plan implementation here) and I let my duals direct me in this area; I would rather just detach my brain from my body and let them take it to the doctor and get it all figured out without my mind knowing and stressing about what's going on, but until that happens, we'll create a symbiotic relationship.

You don't take much with you when you go, not your possessions and trinkets, nice things you collect, you do need people who love you to joke around with you, to give you attention, hugs etc.

It warms the heart of this dual pair, the unity, family, and bond. Even if the bond is not realize fully in reality, real reciprocation, it's enough sometimes to feel, from actions of others, like family members that the person loves you or has come to love you and accept you. It would be nice if when people got together that they acted on this love, like making considerable gestures to this regard, maybe giving a hug and joking back without retrain and attention to "offending" (within reasonable boundaries, or maybe not ) but just be there.
    I have expressed this sentiment several times.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I have expressed this sentiment several times.
    Now you're scaring me. Do you "forget" things that are frightening for you? And just pretend everything is okay, when it's not. If you're detaching from self, no telling what may happen to you.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benefactor, but...
    The Beneficiary thinks of the Benefactor as an interesting and meaningful person, usually over-evaluating them in the beginning. The Beneficiary can be impressed and delighted by their partner's behaviour, manners, thoughts and their ability to easily deal with things that the Beneficiary conceives as complicated. When partners are together, the Beneficiary involuntarily starts to ingratiate themselves with the Benefactor, trying to please them without any obvious reason.
    http://www.socionics.com/rel/bn.htm

TIM
    LII-H
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would just be weird for me to comment on this thread, as my mother is my dual and my sister is my benefactor...
    Valued | Devalued
    < | < | Conscious
    < | < | Unconscious

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@tejing
    You lucky bastard.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hot

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I couldn't say either way on this matter. I don't know if I really know any ESIs in person.

IEEs are alright when I don't have to try and stop them making terrible life decisions or tiptoe around their morals.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the big D relationships are a hit or miss.

that's whas up.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tehehehehe.

hey, @Ashton, what's your "tag" say? M square square square square smaller squares?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eliza View Post
    ESI's are 'admirable' not attractive on a personal level. I'm attracted to traits and behaviours that come naturally to my benefactor, so that would be more a case of envy than attraction? No, I'm definitely more attracted to SLE's than ESI's
    Definitely agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast