Page 12 of 65 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamma Examples

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed my mind on Ben Shapiro. Originally thought LII now I'm pretty sure ILI is right. Rubin might be ESFx (leaning ESFj)

Here is the whole thing:
    Last edited by Contra; 03-18-2016 at 07:20 PM.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Changed my mind on Ben Shapiro. Originally thought LII now I'm pretty sure ILI is right. Rubin might be ESFx (leaning ESFj)

Here is the whole thing:
    He's an extrovert EXTx, leaning J, but uncertainty. His energy is too high plus he doesn't think from a narrow framework like an introvert. See luciano floridi for LII and Bjarne stroup for ILI

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    He's an extrovert EXTx, leaning J, but uncertainty. His energy is too high plus he doesn't think from a narrow framework like an introvert. See luciano floridi for LII and Bjarne stroup for ILI

are you one of the guys behind, or in some other way aligned with, Socionics Britannica? I notice a consistency in your typings and theirs, you are both based in Britain, and your use of language looks the same. Under their typings I'd probably be an ENTj, and i think a lot of the ILIs typed on here would be too or perhaps they'd be some other type. I really don't believe the LIEs on here would be LIEs according to s. britannica either. I notice that most of the socionics britannica ILIs, while being consistent, seem to be too limited to represent an 'average' person. They all have slow speech, far off gaze, are extremely technical and are generally unkempt. I can tell you that I have only met one person that fits their idea of an ILI in my life, and he fits my conception of one specific variant of an ILI. Clearly one would expect at least one example that deviates beyond these rigid parameters. I should probably wait to hear what you say though before i go any further.

"His energy is too high plus he doesn't think from a narrow framework like an introvert. See luciano floridi for LII and Bjarne stroup for ILI"

My question to you in regards to Ben Shapiro though is why not? I see quite a few parallels on a cognitive level between me and shapiro, but I am also someone who is generally quiet, immersed in my imagination, develop expertise in a single subject, and I'm fairly flexible-- i don't see how I could fit LIE given the predominance of Ni in my mind. My sense is that we only see Ben Shapiro when he is on camera discussing an area that he is interested in. Why would you not expect rapid speech, higher energy, and faster cogntion? I do the same thing when I'm speaking about my ideas or areas that i've researched, and I would assume any IxTx would.

Edit: i could accept Shapiro as LIE, because i will admit, that i see both Extraverted and rational qualities as they are defined by the theory; i just cant help but contrast him from the LIEs I've seen on here and in real life. but obviously there is a certain level of variety within each type, and i can't be certain im fully aware of the limits. This being said, I don't see exactly how someone like Bjarne Stroustrup is a great representative for ILI.
    Last edited by Contra; 03-19-2016 at 03:58 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Padma Lakshmi ESI

@Sol she's not an N type. She had trama
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Padma Lakshmi - ESFJ

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think the actor Timothy Spall and his wife Shane might be an example of a Gamma SF-NT couple. (They have done some travel documentary-type shows together).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Padma Lakshmi - ESFJ
    No she isn't
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Matt Bowden - ESI (sx/so 4w3) - "godfather of the legal highs industry"

@5:30

Megyn Kelly - LIE-Te sx/so 1w2

Last edited by silke; 03-28-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Helen Castor (historian) - LIE, possibly

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking that Karl Marx was an ILI-Ni.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Make me smile for some reason, any clue on her subtype?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    I don't believe in subtypes honestly. She's a Japanese copy of my mom
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    I don't know about her subtype but her dog is her dual. All Poodles are SEE.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not really bothered watching his comedy, but I think Hannibal Buress is ILI from this interview. There is clearly a lot of Ni going on and he seems to get along pretty well with Joe Rogan (SLE). Their energy goes well/there is a lot of give and take, but Hannibal seems to filter more with logic than I'd expect from an IEI.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Daniel Sturridge LIE ?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donno but he seems fun.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kill4me typed every celebrity as a gamma.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Interesting perceptions of LIE. I've never been into bondage or SM myself. Never even fantasized about it. (Well, I did tie one of my sisters to a tree once when I was ten and she was eight, but she asked me to (she is ESTj), and my other sister (LII) had handcuffs on her bed, but those are not my kinks. Frequent sex is my kink, if anything.)
    Maybe my fear of being controlled has buried BDSM so deep (assuming it exists) that it will never see the light of day. Or maybe my desire to be bound up is sublimated to something stronger, as implied in the lyrics "There'll be no strings to bind your hands, not if my love can't bind your heart."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1wyTK9bnjU

I guess I'm pretty vanilla. Or maybe I'm not LIE.

OTOH, I do have a suit, shirt, and tie like the guy in the picture, and I had a beard similar to his for one summer. Shaved it off because my dance instructor hated it.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-13-2016 at 01:08 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Interesting perceptions of LIE. I've never been into bondage or SM myself. Never even fantasized about it. (Well, I did tie one of my sisters to a tree once when I was ten and she was eight, but she asked me to (she is ESTj), and my other sister (LII) had handcuffs on her bed, but those are not my kinks. Frequent sex is my kink, if anything.)
    Maybe my fear of being controlled has buried BDSM so deep (assuming it exists) that it will never see the light of day. Or maybe my desire to be bound up is sublimated to something stronger, as implied in the lyrics "There'll be no strings to bind your hands, not if my love can't bind your heart."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1wyTK9bnjU

I guess I'm pretty vanilla. Or maybe I'm not LIE.

OTOH, I do have a suit, shirt, and tie like the guy in the picture, and I had a beard similar to his for one summer. Shaved it off because my dance instructor hated it.
    Well, I take this picture not just literally but rather more figuratively.
    As in: on the inside the LIE is secretly a Victim, but you don't see it unless you peel away their "pseudo-aggressive"/professional layers.
    Seeing this picture made me laugh, because it illustrated this concept perfectly.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    Well, I take this picture not just literally but rather more figuratively.
    As in: on the inside the LIE is secretly a Victim, but you don't see it unless you peel away their "pseudo-aggressive"/professional layers.
    Seeing this picture made me laugh, because it illustrated this concept perfectly.
    I'm don't think that applies to an LIE-Te 8w7.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bishop Robert Barron - ENTj/LIE:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Interesting perceptions of LIE. I've never been into bondage or SM myself.
    Se valued types have s&m inclination. Especially beta, as they have less respect to ethical traditions and less care what others feel. This has individual difference, anyway, and your type may to be other.

Some s&m of ENTJ (every joke has a part of joke) [from 26:13]

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Se valued types have s&m inclination. Especially beta, as they have less respect to ethical traditions and less care what others feel. This has individual difference, anyway, and your type may to be other.

Some s&m of ENTJ (every joke has a part of joke) [from 26:13]
    I will confirm this is an LIE as I understand them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Cliff Curtis - ISFJ

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILI-probably

*we're horrible creatures*

Her mother is a feeler rational type. Either ESE or EII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqtcnMZA0Hc
    -

eternal return
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happened between two coworkers of mine:

XXX - You shouldn't put off that task. You should do it early because it may take longer than you expect.
    ILI - That task takes barely any time at all, so I can do it later and still get it done before the shift is over.
    XXX - I've seen you still doing that task after the shift is over before, so the best thing to do is get is done early.
    ILI - I will admit, it does occasionally take me longer to do it than I expect, but it usually doesn't. Therefore it isn't likely it will on any given day.
    XXX - You're impossible.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mom

Another terrific picture of you, Maritsa. You are so photogenic! Which Gamma type is your Mom?
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No she isn't
    I am not sure of Padma's type, but having observed her so much on the food channel, I can see ISFj for her as a possibility but I can NOT see ESFj for her. At all.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in subtypes honestly. She's a Japanese copy of my mom
    So is your Mom ILI?? And what is your Dad?

You don't believe in subtypes! I think you are missing something!

I find the Gulenko descriptions of IEE sub-types leaves me divided up pretty evenly between the two subtypes. But in another description of them - I forgot whose - its quite clear I am Ne, not Fi. I am going to have to find those, and look up EII in them, because I have the EII's I know (including you ) divide up in my mind to two different groups, which I feel sure must be subtype groups. I'll let you know what I think you are if I figure it out.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Bishop Robert Barron - ENTj/LIE:

I love Father Barron.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lorenzo Henrie - INTP

Ilias Mercury - ISFJ
    Last edited by Sol; 06-19-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Madhuri Dixit - SEE-Fi so/sx (the lead dancer in the video)

Last edited by silke; 11-26-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Madhuri Dixit - INFJ

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louis Rossman - ILI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ILI

-

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

SEE

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)